Message from TripAdvisor:

and 1 more site!
Negril Beach Club
Ranked #23 of 51 Speciality Lodging in Negril
Reviewed 13 October 2008

My husband and I spent a week in the hotel section and our friends stayed in the timeshare. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and quality of the rooms and grounds. My husband and I have been to Jamaica many times and refuse to stay in the big A.I. resorts. We prefer to get to know the local culture. We enjoy the smaller resorts that encourage getting out and exploring the beautiful country and meeting the awsome people.

NBCC were very clean, yes the towels were worn and the paint was peeling in sponts, but for the money we spent I was completely satisfied. Our friends who were in the timeshare were also please. The only issues we had was their room wasn't ready when we arrived, they had to wait about 45 min. and one of the security guards was a little to forward with some of his requests. There was alway visible security on the grounds and at the gates. If you are expecting Sandals or 5 star accomodations, then NBCC is not for you. If you want a clean, cumfortable, safe and family friendly environment at a good price, NBCC is for you. If anyone would like more information please feel free to contact me.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 1 October 2008

I just returned from a twenty day medical mission in Jamaica. I stayed the entire time at Negril Beach Club Condo's. The room accomodations were the best I ever had at the hotel there. The staff are awesome and tend to every need I had as well as my entire medical team! Jean, Doreen, Diandra, Kevin and others are the BEST EVER! I have no complaints. Beach access is great. Never felt unsafe. Lock box worked great. Security always around and their presence was known but the team I had staying there. None of us experienced any security issues during our stay. The bar and kitchen closed prior to the end of my stay, never found out why. Kitchen was adequately supplied. Room was clean and house keeping always did an excellent job. I have already booked my stay for next year! NBCC's are highly reccomended by me! Easy beach access to everything!

• Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank Nardia
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Before I booked through hotels.com I called the hotel to check what their extra person policy is because I was unsure as to how many people would be staying with me. I was told that a maximum of 6 persons is allowed in the 1 bedroom apartment and if I booked for 2 and showed up with more persons then I would have to pay an extra $10 per person per night. After receiving that information, I booked the room for 2 persons on Hotels.com.

The day before I arrived, July 31, I called to confirm that reservation and the extra person policy. I was told that there was a reservation under my name for a 1 bedroom apartment and that they would not be allowing any extra persons to stay in the room. I asked why the change in policy wasn't communicated to me. The person on the phone gave no response. She simply repeated that they would only allow 2 persons in the room.

I got to the hotel in the afternoon on Friday August 1. We checked in and a member of staff escorted us to our room. As I entered the room I noticed that it was not a 1 bedroom apartment. It was in fact, a studio. I pointed out to the staff member that this was not the room type I booked. She took me back to the front desk. A lady who I wil assume is a manager told me that I was given a double room based on the amount of money I paid and the fact that I booked for 2 persons. She told me that I didn't have to stay there if I didn't want to. Needless to say I was shocked. She was rude to me because she knew that the room wouldn't stay empty. July 31 - August 3 is a very busy period in Negril where almost no vacant hotels rooms can be found. I asked her if I could have the phone number for hotels.com and gave me a phone number that turned out to be Expedia. (She claims that the booking came through via Expedia). She then showed me a piece of paper with my name on it that came from Expedia. She folded the paper so I couldn't see most of it. I asked her why I couldn't see it and she said it wasn't for me to see. At no point did she apologise for ANYTHING. Her handling of the situation was appalling. There was nothing I could do. There were no other rooms to book. The hotel staff didn't care and I wasn't about to let this spoil my weekend so we took the room and tried to make the most of it.

The place is also quite run down. It clearly hasn't been renovated since it was opened God knows how long ago (I'd say 20-30 years based on the fixtures). I was surprised that there weren't any roaches. There are many other boutique hotels in Negril where the staff will respect you. I truly believe that because we're locals we didn't get the kind of treatment that a tourist would. Take your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank latore56
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Hi All,

I was going to wait until I got my pictures together and everything to review, but decided to just post a quickie right now.
We (Me, wife, and kids) stayed at NBCC July 22nd - Aug 1st 2008.

It was a great vacation one of the best ever. The rooms were a bit dated and could use a little touch up but they were clean and big (1 bedroom Apt). The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Special thanks to Jean what a gracious host and to Doreen such a sweet nice woman always with a smile on her face. I will provide more details later..Just know that if you are an open minded person who wants’ a spacious clean friendly place to stay close to everything at a good price this is the place for you (IMHO).

Thanks,
Jay

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank JayandFamily
Reviewed 19 May 2008

I stayed at the NBCC 5/2-5/10. It was a very relaxing stay. Any problems, questions, concerns were taken care of right away-Jamaican time meaning they were not ignored but addressed eventually. The condos were clean, the housekeeping staff was very proficient. There is security beach side and road side 24 hours per day. As in all of Jamaica your wish is their commmand. Improvements were being made during my stay and will continue as there is new ownership. This is definitely the place to stay if you want a budget non-AI, although I believe they have an AI option as I saw a food and drink list for AI residents. Planning on returning ASAP! Enjoy!

Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank kpsmilin08
Reviewed 6 May 2008

All I can say is this is the best place ever. I've travelled to and lived and worked in jamaica and I can say that this is a definate gem. Unfortunately many people get it confused with the Mariner's and do not realize that they are not staying at the condos but the hotel itself. Last year I got stuck there during the hurricane and the staff couldn't have been sweetier.. I love it so much and so do my friends that we are returning again this aug. This is the place old and new friends go to have a reunion. I can't say enough and for the record Im not only very picky im even a travel snob.. And my high standards are easily met. This is the place that all drs order . Hope to see ya there...

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank Judi C
Reviewed 3 May 2008

I stayed at Negril Beach Club Condos 4/16 - 4/20/08. I had a wonderful stay as always. I have been staying there for over 6 years. I had a beachfront studio on the third floor. It was nice and clean. While NBCC is not a 5 star, it is up to par for me. As long it is clean, I don't have a problem. If there was a problem, Jean and her staff has always corrected the problem. I can vouch for Jean and her staff. She has repeat clients that have been coming to the condos for over 20 years. I don't know anything about the timeshares or the hotel part.

Some people might not know, but the property is divided into 3 parts. Negril Beach Club Condos are rented out by Jean. These are privately owned condos. The second part is the timeshare. Third, there is Mariners' Hotel which is the 24 hour desk.

I always saw security day and night. I sat at the bar late one night and saw security in the back. I am sorry to read what happened to a reader.

It is true that new management is there. The new management has nothing to do with Jean with respect to her renting the condo part.

Overall, NBCC is a great place to stay. Also, for the single ladies that travel alone, Jean does not put them on the first floor.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo