Stayed at this place three trips in the past four years. It was great the first stay. Clean room, decent view, clean grounds, and a good restaurant and bar. I stayed in the C building, second floor and liked my room. Stayed at the property with a group of 9.
Stayed again and it wasn't the best but still decent. This time there were cats everywhere. I hate cats and people are feeding them Thanksgiving style plates, no wonder why they are not leaving. Crabs walking the grounds at night chasing you. Stayed in the C building again, second floor as well but a couple of doors over from the last visit. I liked the fact that Lingah was still open as well as the bar. It was nice to see a familiar face again (Terry).
On the bad note, I was originally placed in the D or E building, third floor. The room was very, very stuffy, tight, and the ceiling fan looked like it would propel off and kill me in my sleep. The back sliding door did not lock properly either so I was moved into the C building. I also did not enjoy the fact that wifi no longer worked in the C building nor the office downstairs. It was a treat to be able to go to the office with your laptop and handle business. You were now required to purchase a wifi card for $12 a day, which did not always work. I purchased three but did not get the full three days as it was down a lot. Because of this, I would have to sit on the side of the building in the middle of the night feeding the Mosquitos. The store downstairs opened whenever it wanted to as well as closed when it wanted. Luckily there was another store opened on the property we could go to.
This most recent trip, a COMPLETE mess! It seems like it gets worse and worse over time. I was brought to the C building again, this time third floor. First, the door handle to the room was broken and hanging off. That was a bad sign from the beginning. I could not seem to settle in and feel comfortable with that, despite being told it would be fixed the next day. If you know it's not fully secure, why would you put someone there? A family friend came by to see where I was stating and immediately said they were going to get my room changed. They first spoke of the handle and then the stench of something dead in the walls. They said it smelled of the Walking Dead in there! Another person in our party of 9, tried to open the back sliding door and had to rock it open and couldn't get it to close back. I was changed to the next room (D building, second floor) which was like walking down the creepiest of creepy alleys paranoid that something is going to jump out and get it you. The room was completely closed up as if no one had been in there in months. Everything had to be plugged up from the fridge, lights, A/C...everything. It smelled so bad, not like death this time, more like a very stuffy, mildew-ish odor. It was a bigger room, which I appreciated so I dealt with it.
I checked out the bathroom first which had bugs in the tub and sinks. In the bedroom there were two beds, which was great yet did not feel comfortable letting my little guy sleep under a water damaged spot on the ceiling. Instead he slept in the living room where the television was. I was going to have him sleep on the bed near the door but it had no sheets on it. I can't even tell you about the patio because I was too scared to open the door.
Again, cats everywhere and they've multiplied. More crabs, almost every time I walked at night to go to my room, one was running near me. The jacuzzi was closed the entire time of my stay, though I wasn't interested in using it. Lingah is now gone, it's owned by Sondru's now which does not have consistent hours at the restaurant or the bar. Terry is also no longer working there :(
As explained in this review, this is the reason why I will not be back. I understand that it is not a high end resort and the price is what it is. My first stay was great and awesome that it is right on the beach. I loved it! But it's just too many things now, the condition of the grounds and the rooms, amenities and the whole experience. It's unfortunate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hi there, it's Jean Gaynair from Negril. I'm the manager of a great collection of condos located at one of the major traditional hotels in Negril. Negril Beach Club Condos is centrally located group of twenty condos with full amenities you would expect at any hotel. We have a pool, full water sports and scuba facilities adjacent, restaurant, snack shop, bar, and plenty of parking. The value we offer is outstanding. The owners of these condo's ask me to market them as a group, and I have my own office there right at the hotel. Once I was involved in the hotel at large, which includes a time-sharing operation. I've spent the majority of my professional career working in this area, and I really know it. I think that is why so many people choose us, as the connections and knowledge of the town add to the value to your experience. Let me put you on a tour or even a jet ski while you're in town. The Negril Beach Club Condo's offer, standard, studio and 2 room condos. All modern with TV, AC, and kitchenettes plus a balcony. We are about 3/4 miles from the Negril Roundabout on the 7 mile beach road, so there's lots of beach to walk. Let us know how we can help you, we enjoy treating our customers as friends, and have always found that this works best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Negril Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Beach Club Hotel Negril
- Negril Beach Hotel Condos
- Negril Beach Resort Condos