Jamaica Tamboo Resort
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Bar-B-Barn(Negril)
View Hotel
All reviewslobster pizzacan't beat the locationother hotelsmileadrianjamaicabeachtelevisionaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had a blast at Jamaica Tamboo...The staff was so warm and friendly!!! i Have to always stay at Jamaica Tamboo. The view is wonderful and lets not talk about the breakfast, lunch, and dinner... truly delicious. Caribbean Experience at its finest. I loved how the vendors are all lined up along the beach. Everything at hands reach. There is this guy who has these marvelous wood carvings and these breath taking paintings. The rooms are so Cousy and nice. The beach front so beautiful. I woke up every morning to the sounds of waves crashing into one another. Nights are so romantic along the strip. The beach is lit of all these extravagant lightings. I think i found my home away from home. Thank You Jamaica Bamboo

Room Tip: The Rooms Are All Nice But I Love The Last Room To The Beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shaun F
JamaicaTambooResort, Owner at Jamaica Tamboo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

You are welcome and thank you for making Jamaica Tamboo the choice for your vacation. I am happy that you had a great stay with us and we are looking forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I absolutely must say that when searching for a place to stay in Jamaica, comfortability and convince is key .And I get all of those things and more when I stay at Tamboo. I have stayed at this resort several times and I am never disappointed.We were so close to the water! Staff is extremely accommodating and the location is SUPERB.Not to mention the authentic cuisine, which merges both traditional with modern dishes. Part of the beauty of staying in Jamaica is interacting with the locals and experiencing the culture. The staff at Tamboo goes out of their way to make each guest feel like FAMILY. What more can you ask for??We are prepping for our summer vacay and as usual it will be TAMBOO every time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheena C

We were happy to have hosted you again and thank you for your comments. I am happy that you had a great time with us. We are always improving on our quality and service to ensure that you continue to have a pleasant experience with each visit. We hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The rooms may not be 5 star status but it serves it's purpose if you know what you get in Negril. The place is safe the staff are always looking out for you on and off the property it's right in the middle of everything food is good,and the services offered are great. If you are a stuck up vacationer Tamboo is not for you...See you next time Tamboo my room at the end second floor facing the water...have it ready!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank JazzNY1

Thank you for your comments and I am glad that you had a great stay with us. We are looking forward to hosting you again in the future and your room on the second floor is ready whenever you are.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at Jamaica Tamboo. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. When I got a bad sunburn, Vanessa brought me aloe from her own garden. We looked forward to and experienced a delicious breakfast every morning and the lobster pizza in the evening is amazing! The beach was beautiful and kept very clean. The only drawback was the very noisy nightclub next door that played extremely loud music until 4-4:30am making sleep difficult.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and i am happy that you had a great time with us. Since your stay with us there has been a great decrease in the noise level due to the closure of the venue next door to us. We hope that your next visit will be more enjoyable and relaxing than your last.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

The people here make it a nice spot... the fact it is attached to the beach is a bonus. The rooms are groose, we spent 2 nights here, and the price was ridiculous for what we offered... our first night was great, room was cool... etc... second stay the room smelled like a dingy old bar, the bathroom was filthy, the mold in the showers disgusting, and the beds were so uncomfortable.. I slept ontop of my towel from home.. wouldn't truly reccomend this place. Sorry... but the manager seems cool, however the last night we stayed there was a robbery around 4:30am... I can't blame the hotel for that.. because people should stay clear of bringing ANYONE back to their rooms.. may have been a lesson learned for the occupant. This hotel does have guards at the beach and the entrance... so wouldn't pass blame on the staff. The restaruant staff were great, and very accomodating.. I would only suggest items you have on the menu to have in stock.. plantain, was never made available, and that is a jamacian staple. Honestly would I stay here again.. probably not, but out of desperation.. i might.. just for the convenience of the beach. When booking places online, do your homework, read reviews.. don't just settle.. we had to .. and it wasn't the greatest choice.. ... happy travels.

Room Tip: There is no pool on site, you are at the beach so it's not necessary.. we didn't use room service, not sure if it is applicable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Carmelcoated G
Rebecca R, Guest Relations Manager at Jamaica Tamboo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

We are sorry about the housekeeping issues you encountered with your room. We will have a meeting with our team to discuss this. We are working hard to raise standards in every area and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for staying with us.