We have been to Negril many times and this was our first time on the One Love bus, but it will not be our last. This was such a great time. Everyone is fun and friendly and Lenbert was the best host Negril will ever have. Here are a few tips/suggestions that will greatly enhance your experience.
- Relax and dress casual. The weather can be unpredictable and you just need to roll with it.
- Don't worry if the bus seems crowded. The more the merrier and there are handrails above the seats. The drive is not far from one location to the other, and Lenbert is a gentle driver.
- Bring small bills, they are just easier.
- Bring school supplies. The schools do not supply ANY of the necessary school supplies. We picked up pencils, markers, pencil sharpeners, notebooks, and even crayons (they did not melt packed in the checked luggage). Before we left, I e-mailed Lenbert for suggestions as to what was currently needed. He collects these and they are given to the schools to distribute. Packed into a carry-on helped open up space for the souvenirs coming home! ;)
- Gals, pack some extra tissues, just in case you find yourself without TP. You will be in a variety of locations with a variety of services available. Better to be prepared and not need it then to need it...
- Yes, you may meet some kids selling bracelets. The kids are cute and the bracelets are $3US. They are a nice souvenir to remind you of the pub crawl and you know where the money is directly going to.
- Please remember to thank and tip Lenbert. He is a wonderful host and a really great guy! At the end of the night, there can be a lot of commotion as new friends are departing at hotel stops. Take 10 seconds to show him your appreciation.
But most importantly, you will have fun and meet a variety of vacationers in the afternoon, who become friends by sundown. You will visit a variety of bars and meet locals who welcome you into their social circle during your visit.
There are so many bars on the main road that we all see and so many more off the beaten path that we don't know about, my plan is to reserve our place on the One Love pub crawl the same time we reserve our stay. This is a 'must do' for each trip to Negril!!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.