US$317
Negril Escape Resort & Spa(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$207
Hotels.com
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$131
Hotels.com
Westender Inn(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$159
US$150
  • Beachfront
T-bird on the Cliffs(Negril)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
Bookit.com
The Cliff Hotel(Negril)
US$1,398
Priceline
All reviewsthe cottagessun deckveranda suitesmega martdriver leonevery morningrainbow archthree bedroomfull kitchenpattieswatchful eyeoutdoor showerbedroom cottagelobstersecurity staffgreat securityrelaxing vacation
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I have been staying at Nirvana for 20 years, always right after Christmas. What we love about Nirvana is that it is peaceful and relaxing and safe. It is a small compound of different-sized places to stay. There is no radio or TV or bar or restaurant (though there is WiFi), and non-guests are not permitted on the premises. The units are comfortable and clean but not fancy, and some of them have fans instead of AC. There are security guards in front and in back 24/7 and they keep non-guests and hagglers away. The grounds and units are tended to by local Jamaicans who have worked at Nirvana for many years. Those are things that we love about Nirvana and why we keep returning. However, there are people who want luxury accommodations with every amenity on site, or an all-inclusive experience. They should stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LauraBloomington_IN
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I most recently stayed at Nirvana again this past June 2011....this was our 3rd or 4th time there in the past 15 years. I am writing specifically to communicate to Trip Advisor readers about the Nirvana experience and Negril
I went back this past year, after a long absence, because I was seeking to return to one of the greatest beaches in the world. For the past 10 years, we have been traveling the world,5-star style, and the more upscale islands....but the casual easygoing culture of Jamaica called me back.
Nirvana was as wonderful as ever! I just had to breathe into the Negril way of life once more.
I choose to stay in the Veranda Suite....it is a very large tiled space with a wonderful large deck facing the ocean. I avoid the cabins because I prefer Air Conditioning...especially in the summertime.....but I would certainly stay in a cabin if I did not require air conditioning to get a good night of sleep. The cooking facilities are better in the cabins, as I took a tour of several of them this visit when I was considering if I would be comfy in a cabin.
The Veranda room is as clean and tidy as nearly any privately run compound hotel in Jamaica can be...the staff is well trained by the owners to be attentive and detail oriented. They respond quickly to every question and request....we could not get the toaster to work the first day, but it turned out to be a wobbly electrical current in Negril....nothing to do with the toaster...and the next day it worked! I also love how large the Verandah is and the hugeness of the bathroom, plus a bidet, and another separate walk in room for clothing + a second sink. I never feel cramped in this room. The outdoor shower is a romantic plus!
The kitchenette is a plus. I was able to crank out some delicious meals, after buying fish, squid, and vegetables and fruit on the beach.
I always love the fresh squeezed OJ the Nirvana ladies leave in the refrig upon request --- just ask and they will bring in a bag of oj from the mountains. I go through 2 bags a week. ( yes cost extra and well worth it! )
If you are seeking the real Negril experience on the famous 7 mile beach....then this is a fantastic choice and a great place to stay. The security is awesome and I feel safe with my possessions here. The guard sits in the guard house 24 hours a day, to ensure nobody who is not a guest, enters the grounds.
I do want to say that if you are seeking a luxury hotel...then go to the Ritz Carlton... If you are seeking the elite french flavor of a hooty tooty island...then go to St Barths. If you want 6 star attention and treatment, then cruise on the Seadream Yacht, If you want to be shielded from the Jamaican culture.....then choose a standard all-inclusive and stay within the gates and the grounds! Don't come to Nirvana in Negril expecting South Beach Florida, or Hilton Head NC....and then get unhappy and disgruntled. Don't come here expecting tv and America. Just stay home instead.
But....if you are the kind of casual, open minded, adventuresome person who is comfortable with getting to know and understand the Negril and Jamaican culture, who wants to spend a vacation without shoes, and never having to get out of a bathing suit, and you are aware in advance that this is not the Westin or the Hilton....then I highly recommend Nirvana! The longer you stay at Nirvana, the more you will grow to love Negril, and the better and more homey Nirvana becomes !
When I see the beautiful gates of Nirvana, I am glad to have chosen it!

Room Tip: I would choose the owners house if avail. Next choice is Veranda.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LBLBCharleston_SC
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Had a wonderful stay at one of the cottages. Great beach and the grounds of Nirvana are beautiful. If your lucky and the owners, Lonnie and Stan are there, that much better. Great value.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Had a great time last year....thanx for reserving the same great cottage for me again...the friends that I recommend you to told me your place was the best...keep up the good work
jerry

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Nirvana in their Verandah Suite, and we cannot say enough good things about our stay. From the professional and very courteous staff to the beautifully kept grounds, the place is simply amazing. Compared to other properties, Nirvana has a fairly broad expanse of beach front property with just the right amount of trees for shade. The staff took good care of not just us, but good care of everyone. Thanks, Nirvana, for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple