“Recommended”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Nirvana on the Beach
Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Washington, DC
“Recommended”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Fine place to stay and relax. Agree with recent 5 star reviews. Only add that sunsets are special.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Winnipeg
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My partner and I spent an incredible 2 weeks at Nirvana and as the name implies it truly is Nirvana! the location is perfect for all amenities and it is also very private. The staff are truly friendly and helpful, they are always available and seem to know your every move without being intrusive. The accommodation was super clean& very comfortable. Gardens and views are spectacular! I can't wait to get back there!

2 Thank lhopeWinnipeg
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at Nirvana in Jan./Feb. of 2011 for our belated honeymoon. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about our stay. We arranged for one of their drivers to pick us up at the airport, they were there waiting for us. On our way to Negril we asked if we could stop at the grocery store to grab some food. The driver took us to what resembled a super Walmart. The store sold everything! The driver even had a cooler in the back where we could keep our frozen items. Upon arriving at Nirvana ( approx 1hr drive) we were greeted by security who let in the gates and then helped us unload and showed us our cottage. We arrived at about 1130pm, we were informed that all the surrounding restaurants were closed for the night. Bummer because we were starving.
My first impression of the cottage was " wow this is so cute and clean". We were informed that the tap water was safe to drink, we were still a bit Leary tho.
The bed was comfortable and with the soft sound of the waves in the background we both slept like babies. We had some reservations about staying in the cottage with no air conditioning however we never felt overly hot while inside. The gardens keep things nicely shaded and the breeze from the ocean is cool at night. In the morning we found everything we needed to cook and eat our breakfast, the kitchen was very well stocked with utensils and pots/ pans. I think throughout our stay there was only one item we couldn't find and after asking some people in another cabin we just borrowed theirs.
We then ventured down to the beach where we were greeted by security and they asked how many beach chairs we needed. We only had to ask that first day and the day security would put out chairs for the rest of our stay. We really got to know the day and night security guys, they were great and took their jobs seriously. The beach peddlers knew better than to bug us on Nirvana's beach. If there was someone selling something that interested us that was another issue and security wouldnt shoo them away but the moment it looked to them like the seller was unwelcome they would come over and tell them to carry on. We did find that after a few days thawing on the beach the peddlers became aware we weren't interested and left us alone. Security was also fantastic at setting us up with tours and water taxis and drivers. They were very knowledgable about which services were worth the money and reputable. If we had any questions or concerns they were the first ones we asked.
We found along the beach that besides the dance clubs things shut down by 10pm we found ourselves eating bought Kraft dinner a few nights because we forgot this fact. Nirvana is surrounded by several really good restaurants, we didn't really have to go far to find food. The hotel beside Nirvana makes a wicked virgin banana milkshake ( I was six months pregnant during our trip).
The section of beach that Nirvana is located on is in our opinion the nicest section of 7 me beach. In most parts there is a steep drop off or it's rocky sand, but not in front of Nirvana. It's beautiful white soft sand. Everyday there is someone raking the sand and manicuring the grounds. The gardens were well taken care of as well. There is a BBQ pit in the center garden, we personally did not use it but many of the other guests did.
On our first night there I had some concerns about the noise of the roadway but again the grounds acted like a buffer and we barely heard anything.
The water in front and to the immediate sides of Nirvana was amazing! Beautiful clear blue water, I can't tell you how many hours we spent diving the bottom looking for shells. We found a few large Conch shells and a few star fish hanging around. A few days our beach was visited by a blue crab who liked to hang out under the palm tree, again security did their best to keep the younger visitors from harassing the Lil fella. On another day our beach was visited by a huge sting ray, the water was so clear you could see it coming from a ways away. We were told they come in to shore to feed prior to storms, and sure enough that afternoon we got hit with a storm. The power went off in the cabin so we went and sat with security in thier hut and watched the storm. Very cool to watch!
Our stay at Nirvana was great and we would definetly return for another stay. It is situated in the middle of 7mile beach, a bit too far of a walk into town but not too far that cab fare is crazy either. Get the girls to make you a meal or two during your stay. We bought some fresh lobster and snapper, wow did they cook us up a storm that night. Just make sure you let them know a day prior to them cooking or you will be disappointed because they need the notice. The cleaning staff did wonderful jobs keeping our cabin spotless, they even did our dishes! Bring your own beach towel or buy one on the beach because they don't have them there. Think that's about it, I'm sure I have rambled on long enough! Go, stay here you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2011
7 Thank bananarum
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week and I wish the snow in Baltimore could have stranded us here for another week! Nirvana is the perfect combo of being right in the action and having wonderful privacy.

The best part is the private beach. While all of the other people at resort beaches are crammed in like sardines, the beach at Nirvana is HUGE and everyone is able to spread out and have their own space. Also, VERY safe. The security guards are always on the watch. I never felt uneasy even at night.

The second best part - the staff. Amazingly kind and helpful. Always ready to assist you in ANY way they can. The cottage was always clean, we got the famous fresh squeezed oj, had a meal cooked for us, the list goes on! Also the grounds are beautiful and very well kept.

The third best thing - the cottage. Super airy, spacious and RIGHT ON THE BEACH. I could hear the ocean every morning and every night. Relaxation to the max.

You will get some noise at night due to the nightlife and there is some street noise. But that can't be helped since it's right on Seven Mile Beach. It's not a complaint, just throwing it out there in case you want SUPER quiet. Overall it's very quiet and private and you mostly just hear the ocean and nature sounds.

I really can't say enough great things about Nirvana. The only reason I'm hesitant to write a great review is because we want to book for next year and get our same spot!

1 Thank cmadd13
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My husband and I had a very enjoyable experience at Nirvana. The location on the 7 mile beach can't be beat. It's in the middle of everything, yet very tranquil. The staff is very accommodating and they always went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our stay. The beach at Nirvana is gorgeous, with plenty of space to lay out in the sun or under a palm tree. The grounds were very well maintained with gorgeous foliage. Our beachfront room had an amazing view. You felt far enough away from the beach for privacy, but definitely close enough for a beautiful view and the calming sound of the waves crashing. The room was cleaned nicely everyday and we loved the Jamaican decor. The kitchenette was very convenient and there's a mini mart within walking distance, or you can easily get help getting a cab into town for a bigger market. Also, the prices are very reasonable, considering bigger resorts nearby. I definitely recommend Nirvana to anyone wanting to visit Jamaica!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DLavold
Villa Hills, KY
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This is a great place to stay if you don't need a lot of handholding. The staff are very friendly, but they come and go. This is more cottage rental than your typical hotel. But I liked having a full kitchen. You can get groceries at a nearby store and really save money on food. The grounds are beautiful and private, very secure. Our cottage (Sundeck II) had its own second story patio. The location is right in the middle of 7 mile beach, within walking distance to many great bars, restaurants, and duty free shopping. If you want to be near the action, this is a good place to stay. It is also a great spot for families with small children. The staff will provide babysitting service upon request. They also have people available to cook dinner for you in your room, provide massages, taxi services, and arrange water sports.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer M
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 December 2011

This may be my first review, but I am an avid Trip Advisor user.

I truly feel that places like "Nirvana on the Beach" are the reason why TripAdvisor is by far the best travel tool to use, much better than any guidebook that you can find.

I highly recommend reading through many of the reviews before deciding on if Nirvana is for you. Nirvana is where you want to stay if you want to get a true experience of Negril. After staying here, I would never ever recommend anyone to stay at the all-inclusives, unless you are the type who needs 5 star hotel accomodations. Also, if you are the type who is willing to pay $300-500 per night for mass-cooked meals, low quality drinks, and crowded beaches from an all-inclusive, by all means stay down the beach away from Nirvana.

First off, the staff of Nirvana truly make the experience amazing. Errol is DA MAN! If you need anything or want to do anything, he knows the best vendors and the best places to go. He arranged a 6am morning fishing trip with 'Spoon' on a small boat that picked us up from the beach in front of Nirvana. We caught 4 tuna (~15 inches) and almost caught a kingfish but the line broke within our 3 hr trip. We gave 3 of the fish to the fisherman and came back and grilled up the 1 fish and had an amazing breakfast. He also knows the best vendors for everything (as detailed in other reviews) as well as cut down a coconut for us to drink and eat from one of the trees. Moses 2 is also the man and he is one funny guy. Check out his hand made crafts. More legit than any of the stuff you will ever find from the vendors (most of which sadly looks like it was made in China). Sandra is also super nice and helped us with arranging anything to do with logistics.

The Beach at Nirvana is quite spacious and you have so much more private room on the beach compared to most if not all of the other resorts along 7 MIle. Many vacationers seemed to stop in front of Nirvana and seemed to be impressed by the space and privacy. Also there is a beach bar literally right next door that will make some killer drinks and smoothies. Try the dirty banana.

We felt very safe. felt comfortable leaving my iphone and wallet on my chair while in the water, as well as felt safe leaving my ipad in my room out in the open. WIFI worked great in the room, a bit spotty on the beach. There is a small lockbox that will fit small items like passports/jewelry/watches etc. Security is always present at night and we felt very safe at Nirvana.

Overall, I highly recommend reading all of the reviews. Most seem quite accurate. I could not more highly recommend Nirvana and we are already planning on returning next year. I would not even imagine staying anywhere else in Negril.

Room Tip: We stayed in the upstairs Veranda Suite. Very spacious and is larger than the pictures on their webs...