Nirvana on the Beach
US$670
US$313
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$73
US$172
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$193
US$880
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagessun deckveranda suitesmega martevery morningrainbow archthree bedroomfull kitchenpattieswatchful eyebedroom cottageoutdoor showerlobstersecurity mangreat securityrelaxing vacationall inclusives
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I have traveled to Negril many times but hadn't been there for several years. I looked at Tripadvisor to get a feel for places to stay and found Nirvana on the Beach. We had stayed at all inclusive places in the past but have found, over the years, that we prefer exploring local areas to staying in one spot for the week. We arrived at the airport and found our taxi driver, Breezy, waiting with a Nirvana sign. We loaded up and off we went to Negril. Breezy was delightful and gave us fun information along the way. He was a very safe and careful driver and we started to relax. We arrived on Sunday and he called someone at Nirvana to alert them of our impending arrival. We were greeted, led to our Sundeck Suite and left alone. It was heaven!! We walked next door for a fabulous grilled lobster dinner and some yummy drinks and back to sleep like I haven't slept in years.

Breezy stopped by the next day to take us into town for groceries. We got a few staples and came back for the most beautiful stretch of beach in Negril. Errol, who watches the beach during the day, rocks!!! Once he figures out where you want your beach chair, it is out every morning when you get there. And, the beach vendors all know him and carefully watch him when they stop to talk to you. If they linger and you don't want them to, he will get them moving. I walked the beach, swam and left my ipod and wallet on my chair with NO worries. Errol is fantastic!! Honestly, the entire staff of Nirvana is fantastic. They never, ever bother you but magically appear if you need something. A couple that I talked to have worked there for a number of years and appear to be genuinely happy to be there and have you there. It's so nice!

Definitely take beach towels and if you have a couple of inflatable rafts to take, I would recommend that also. It's nice to float out in the water for awhile. They also have kayaks that are available which made some early morning exercise very pleasant.

Buy fresh fruit, juice and bread on the beach as the vendors come by. It is fresh and very tasty. Go to Niah's for patties - it's a 5 minute walk from Nirvana and Niah is cooking up some of the best patties i have ever had. Take some ziplock baggies so you can keep leftovers in the fridge.

I will never stay anywhere else when I visit Negril. This place was truly Nirvana for me. That being said -- it is NOT the same experience as an all inclusive or even a hotel. It's small cottage, suite Jamaica so do your research and figure out what kind of experience you want to have before you book it. If you want total relaxation with quiet, definitely go. We had the Sundeck I studio and loved it!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank freespirit_759
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Fine place to stay and relax. Agree with recent 5 star reviews. Only add that sunsets are special.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

My partner and I spent an incredible 2 weeks at Nirvana and as the name implies it truly is Nirvana! the location is perfect for all amenities and it is also very private. The staff are truly friendly and helpful, they are always available and seem to know your every move without being intrusive. The accommodation was super clean& very comfortable. Gardens and views are spectacular! I can't wait to get back there!

2  Thank lhopeWinnipeg
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at Nirvana in Jan./Feb. of 2011 for our belated honeymoon. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about our stay. We arranged for one of their drivers to pick us up at the airport, they were there waiting for us. On our way to Negril we asked if we could stop at the grocery store to grab some food. The driver took us to what resembled a super Walmart. The store sold everything! The driver even had a cooler in the back where we could keep our frozen items. Upon arriving at Nirvana ( approx 1hr drive) we were greeted by security who let in the gates and then helped us unload and showed us our cottage. We arrived at about 1130pm, we were informed that all the surrounding restaurants were closed for the night. Bummer because we were starving.
My first impression of the cottage was " wow this is so cute and clean". We were informed that the tap water was safe to drink, we were still a bit Leary tho.
The bed was comfortable and with the soft sound of the waves in the background we both slept like babies. We had some reservations about staying in the cottage with no air conditioning however we never felt overly hot while inside. The gardens keep things nicely shaded and the breeze from the ocean is cool at night. In the morning we found everything we needed to cook and eat our breakfast, the kitchen was very well stocked with utensils and pots/ pans. I think throughout our stay there was only one item we couldn't find and after asking some people in another cabin we just borrowed theirs.
We then ventured down to the beach where we were greeted by security and they asked how many beach chairs we needed. We only had to ask that first day and the day security would put out chairs for the rest of our stay. We really got to know the day and night security guys, they were great and took their jobs seriously. The beach peddlers knew better than to bug us on Nirvana's beach. If there was someone selling something that interested us that was another issue and security wouldnt shoo them away but the moment it looked to them like the seller was unwelcome they would come over and tell them to carry on. We did find that after a few days thawing on the beach the peddlers became aware we weren't interested and left us alone. Security was also fantastic at setting us up with tours and water taxis and drivers. They were very knowledgable about which services were worth the money and reputable. If we had any questions or concerns they were the first ones we asked.
We found along the beach that besides the dance clubs things shut down by 10pm we found ourselves eating bought Kraft dinner a few nights because we forgot this fact. Nirvana is surrounded by several really good restaurants, we didn't really have to go far to find food. The hotel beside Nirvana makes a wicked virgin banana milkshake ( I was six months pregnant during our trip).
The section of beach that Nirvana is located on is in our opinion the nicest section of 7 me beach. In most parts there is a steep drop off or it's rocky sand, but not in front of Nirvana. It's beautiful white soft sand. Everyday there is someone raking the sand and manicuring the grounds. The gardens were well taken care of as well. There is a BBQ pit in the center garden, we personally did not use it but many of the other guests did.
On our first night there I had some concerns about the noise of the roadway but again the grounds acted like a buffer and we barely heard anything.
The water in front and to the immediate sides of Nirvana was amazing! Beautiful clear blue water, I can't tell you how many hours we spent diving the bottom looking for shells. We found a few large Conch shells and a few star fish hanging around. A few days our beach was visited by a blue crab who liked to hang out under the palm tree, again security did their best to keep the younger visitors from harassing the Lil fella. On another day our beach was visited by a huge sting ray, the water was so clear you could see it coming from a ways away. We were told they come in to shore to feed prior to storms, and sure enough that afternoon we got hit with a storm. The power went off in the cabin so we went and sat with security in thier hut and watched the storm. Very cool to watch!
Our stay at Nirvana was great and we would definetly return for another stay. It is situated in the middle of 7mile beach, a bit too far of a walk into town but not too far that cab fare is crazy either. Get the girls to make you a meal or two during your stay. We bought some fresh lobster and snapper, wow did they cook us up a storm that night. Just make sure you let them know a day prior to them cooking or you will be disappointed because they need the notice. The cleaning staff did wonderful jobs keeping our cabin spotless, they even did our dishes! Bring your own beach towel or buy one on the beach because they don't have them there. Think that's about it, I'm sure I have rambled on long enough! Go, stay here you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2011
7  Thank bananarum
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week and I wish the snow in Baltimore could have stranded us here for another week! Nirvana is the perfect combo of being right in the action and having wonderful privacy.

The best part is the private beach. While all of the other people at resort beaches are crammed in like sardines, the beach at Nirvana is HUGE and everyone is able to spread out and have their own space. Also, VERY safe. The security guards are always on the watch. I never felt uneasy even at night.

The second best part - the staff. Amazingly kind and helpful. Always ready to assist you in ANY way they can. The cottage was always clean, we got the famous fresh squeezed oj, had a meal cooked for us, the list goes on! Also the grounds are beautiful and very well kept.

The third best thing - the cottage. Super airy, spacious and RIGHT ON THE BEACH. I could hear the ocean every morning and every night. Relaxation to the max.

You will get some noise at night due to the nightlife and there is some street noise. But that can't be helped since it's right on Seven Mile Beach. It's not a complaint, just throwing it out there in case you want SUPER quiet. Overall it's very quiet and private and you mostly just hear the ocean and nature sounds.

I really can't say enough great things about Nirvana. The only reason I'm hesitant to write a great review is because we want to book for next year and get our same spot!

1  Thank cmadd13