“Best customer service I've ever experienced”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Nirvana on the Beach
Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Our week-long stay at Nirvana was amazing! I had stayed the previous week at the Ritz Carlton in Montego Bay and was so disappointed in the food and service that I was ready to give up on Jamaica. Nirvana turned it all around for me!

Nirvana has the BEST location on 7-mile beach. It is quiet but everything you need is just a short walk away. They take great pride in keeping the grounds looking immaculate and the private beach is wonderful. There is a great bar right next door and the best patties I've ever had at Niah's Patty Stand on the other side of Nirvana.

The staff is excellent. The women do such a wonderful job cooking fresh seafood right out of the ocean for us. They are completely unobtrusive and cooked for us when we were at the beach. Other than the delicious food waiting in our kitchen you wouldn't know they were there. The fresh squeezed orange juice is also wonderful.

The security staff was so helpful in setting up snorkeling guides for us and made us feel very safe. They even had our beach chairs set up for us in our preferred spot before we got to the beach each morning.

Many of the folks we met who were staying at Nirvana were repeat customers which tells you a lot about a place.

If you are looking for a huge resort this is NOT the place. This is a wonderful family-friendly place to stay and we will be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank vegematicslims
nirvanaNys, Owner at Nirvana on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

We're thrilled that after a disappointing ordinary commercial hotel stay in an upscale brand name luxury Montego Bay hotel you finally came to the place you wanted to experience in Jamaica. Its not about the furniture or decor or mass produced & presented meals you had all "American Style", its about experiencing a real place with its own identity & authentic charm with people who care about your vacation & how precious those days are to you.

Nirvana is the right choice for travelers who want more than luxury decor & trendiness,
who want the real food & flavor of the Caribbean's most enchanting island on that islands most beautiful beach.

Nirvana is a unique original just as Negril itself is.

Our friendly staff will help in any way & can solve any questions or requests you have.

We all strive to make sure our guests have an authentic & genuine Negril Beach stay while getting to know the wonderful Jamaican people. We can recommend local operators & drivers who will guide you to the best excursions & attractions in Negril at well below the rates you find on the "package tour web sites".

You get personal attention & you go at your own pace & are not "herded" around on some tour bus schedule.

Relax & hang out on the beach under a favorite palm tree or get out & about to see & enjoy all the attractions that Negril offers.

Nirvana will help you find your paradise.

There are newer reviews for Nirvana on the Beach

Reviewed 15 February 2013

If you're looking for a really comfortable, relaxing, and friendly place to stay on a spectacularly beautiful beach, this is it. My husband & I just returned from our first trip to Negril and are already thinking about returning to Nirvana for another Valentine's Day vacation. It's not fancy, but the private beach, the incredibly nice staff, and the airy cottage (with very comfortable beds) are all luxurious. We've visited a lot of beautiful places in the Caribbean over the last several years, but Nirvana is at the top of our list. I can't imagine a nicer place for a mid-winter break.

Room Tip: Cottage 4 offers both the shady garden & a view of the ocean. But every one of the cottages &...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marge T
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This is the best and most laid back property on the beach. The staff is wonderful including the management, the security, the maids and the grounds keepers. Zemroy, Shine, Sandra, Otis, Lynn and everyone else are very upbeat and attentive to your every need. The beach is wide with wonderful shade trees if you desire to get out of the sun for a bit. The room I stayed in had everything I needed and when I first walked in the door, I felt like I was home. There are great restaurants within walking distance. I met many new friends who I will stay in touch with. Thank you Lonnie for running such a wonderful property. I always return to the states very relaxed after staying there.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NotChris
nirvananegril, Owner at Nirvana on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Your wonderful responses are all very important to us. Thanks so much for writing about Nirvana all over the web..... pleeease keep it up.

Our Nirvana family all strive to make your vacation with us the best possible experience you & your fellow travelers could have. Negril is a special place which gives you the time & space to relax & let Jamaica enchant you, we are just delighted to be a part of it.

It does have some bothersome aspects at times, but where is the place that doesn't?

All at Nirvana feel that our guests deserve the best possible service & attention.

Our nannies are completely vetted & dedicated to making sure your kids are well taken care of & played with so you can go out, relax & get back in touch with your other facets of having a good time.

Sandra & Zemroy as well as all our other staff members work to fulfill their mission of delivering a unique & unforgettable time for our guests enjoyment of the most gorgeous white sandy beach & incredible warm clear turquoise ocean waters, we want you to love it as we do, so come down & play in the exquisite sea Negril offers.

Families with kids are most welcome & have a great time bonding together without the constant interference of electronics we have all unfortunately become immune to.
Negril & Nirvana is the place to let go of all of that & really "BE HERE NOW" in paradise.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

My husband and I returned to Nirvana for a week's vacation with our two adult children after not having been there for 15 years or so, and nothing could have been done to make it more enjoyable. It was wonderful to see familiar faces in the staff....and they remembered us, even our now grown children! We felt cared for and unobtrusively watched over and protected. The gardens are beautiful, the beach spectacular and accommodations quite comfortable, while retaining the Jamaican flavor. I highly recommend Nirvana for singles, couples and families, young and old!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Christina S
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Ahh Nirvana..a great vacation, and to cut to the chase, simply a wonderful place to stay. Nirvana wasn't understating the motto of come as a guest and leave as a friend. Nirvana works on many levels, it's intimate, laid back to the max, and service oriented, great beach area and lovely natural gardens. Nirvana occupies a niche for those who want to get a closer taste of the true Jamaica as opposed to a cookie cutter big resort vacation, you "live" Nirvana, you experience it, Nirvana is clean, simple and unfettered. The staff is the life blood, Sandra (Guest Relations), Lynn and the girls keep everything clean (and served up the best meals we had during our stay, fancy restaurants included), Errol and Shine keep you feeling safe and secure, Zemroy the manager keeps the whole thing humming. My friends and I had a great time and the more we opened up to the staff the more they embraced us.

Room Tip: Pick a room/cottage closer to the beach, it's quieter and farther away from street noises and sm...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Spiritual-Steve

Reviewed 7 February 2013

First of all i would like to thank all of the Nirvana staff, they are the best at what they do. And there motto is so true "all you have to do is ask" and "no problem mon" :) special thanks to Sandra, Shine and Leon. I brought my mom to nirvana for her 60th birthday, she has never been to jamaica and she had the best time! We stayed in the middle of january and the weather couldn't have been better. We stayed in cabin 1 and was a little worried about the shower being outside, but it was "no problem mon", it was actually kind of nice enjoying a morning shower with the sun shining down on you. As far as Nirvana it self it was paradise with a rustic charm. Everything you neeed is a short walk down the beach or it will come right to you as your sitting in your beach chairs on your own private beach. Thank you Lonnie for letting me and my family enjoy a piece of your paradise. Definitely will be back, it's my new favorite place! thanks again, Glenda from cold Michigan

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Glenda137
nirvananegril, Owner at Nirvana on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

thanks for your lovely review, Nirvana is much more than an ordinary hotel, it is a way of living in a beach front paradise.

We're so glad to hear our guests have a positive & transforming experience of Negril while at Nirvana..... we really do mean it when we say "just ask" if the beds are too hard, we have bed pads & pillow tops for you but if we don't know you need them we can't help. Please feel free to ASK for what you want.

I'm not saying we're magicians but we will try to please our guests in every possible way. There are always some people who are never happy no matter what you do but we do our best to inform everyone who inquires that our cottages are simple & rustic, with their own unique charm, we have an out door shower in cottage 1 & are soon adding an indoor shower in cottage 1 as well. All the other rentals have indoor showers & cottage 2, the veranda suites & the beautiful Owners Villa have both indoor & outdoor showers.

Nirvana will always be that special place you remember for its beauty & simplicity & we strive to make "the most special thing on your vacation to be each other". Nirvana is run by a special staff of Jamaicans who become a part of your life. It has a special charm that make your time there an experience you will always treasure & we hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

We just arrived back from a week at Nirvanna. It was for sure our little piece of heaven.We know already the next time we go it will be for a much longer stay! It was a wonderful change from the all inclusive packages. We were well taken care of from the time we stepped off the plane until we were returned to the airport safely by Breezie in lots of time to catch our flight SHUCKS! The staff at Nirvana were exemplary everyone from the manager Zemroy, Sandra in customer relations, the day security Errol and, the night shift Shine! We never felt threatened or nervous at anytime day or night. The house keeping staff Lynn, Joan and, Nardia (if I've forgotten someone I apologize ahead, my memory is a problem at times!) were freindly and accommodating, All you had to do was ask and it was there! The ladies cooked us up a few meals that were excellent. I also had the pleasure of having a Swedish massage while there by Leona that was by far the very best massage I have ever had! ! The beach was beautiful , the grounds keepers Moses 1 & 2, Kevin and, last but far from least Otis who raked the beach every morning (something that I had not seen before!) I just can't say enough about the way the resort operates. We thought it was pretty special to sit in our beach chairs and have breakfast delivered by vendors, fresh fruit, pastries, yummie coconut bread, banna bread, fresh juices etc. You can walk down the beach for miles and see lots, take in some music, talk with the local vendors, end up in town or meet Dr. Love. There was never a dull moment while at Nirvana. As I sit here writing this review I wish we could do it all over again knowing what we know now! We were there with my very best friend and her husband who are still there enjoying the culture taking in as much in as possible. We are very jealous right now. Nothing to say but Respect, Straight Up Everytime and, In Every Way. We'll be back!
Dave and Laurie Next time I would like to stay in the beach front cottage.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
nirvananegril, Owner at Nirvana on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Nirvana is a destination that you will always remember & want to return to. Our guests are each very special to us & we do our best to make them happy on their vacation.

Negril vendors have some great local food items you'll want to try & they are respectful & polite if you treat them that way in return.

Our staff are wonderful people who want you to have the best experience of Negril Beach so ask them for any advice you need. They are happy to help in any way.