Nirvana on the Beach
US$313
US$194
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$73
US$172
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$126
Travelocity
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
Hotels.com
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$218
US$193
US$880
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagessun deckveranda suitesmega martevery morningrainbow archthree bedroomfull kitchenpattieswatchful eyebedroom cottageoutdoor showerlobstersecurity mangreat securityrelaxing vacationall inclusives
FilterAll languages
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2005

My family has vacationed at Nirvana for the last six years. My daughter has virtually grown up there. The staff is always there for whatever you need, all you have to do is ask. The cabins and grounds are always well maintained and clean and because the cabins are off the beach, it's a quiet and restful vacation. Most of the same staff have been at Nirvana for as long as we've been vacationing there, which says alot for Lonnie and Stanley who treat their employees well and treat them as part of their family. We always feel like we are at our second home when we vacation at Nirvana and we would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a peaceful and true Jamaican experience.

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kentville Nova Scotia
Reviewed 16 November 2005

I`m confused.I just read a review about Nirvana...as relates to the exact same time that we ,a group of 13, were there also.It was for a 50th anniversary event.My in-laws sponsered this event and we were on a budget.Because they are yearly world traverlers,we booked the downstairs Verandah for them specicaly..This unit is a `what we call the realy modern version` of most hotels on the beach in Negril. It was for this reason that we thought that tile floor,air conditioning two separate showers etc. would make them comfortable.The rest of us had rented two seperate houses on this same property.By the way,any building that you have is no more than a twenty second walk to the water.The Verandah building appears to provide the typical comforts of ..expected North American hotel environment.And indeed it does.My in-laws stated `more than we expected`.You know,they did not feel the need to use the air conditoning unit.Upstairs did .Our houses had ceiling fans which ,if turned up, would cause one to cover up.At any rate ,the staff ie.Joyce,Lynn,Leonne are the maid and cook people who ,when greeted,responded with a sincere response.Joan,the manager, always asked`everthing alright?` each time she sees you.The gardener Moses ,if greeted, would always look up and smile in recognition.In the week of question,the service perception was so good that my father-in-law wanted to tip directly and beyond the norm.
My wife and I` honeymoon `ed` in Negril twenty seven years ago.Time and things have changed.Nirvana has somehow managed to captivate and maintain why one goes back to this country....environment,at- home staff,and at-home living.
Next year will be our 5th visit to this on the beach local.All inclusives do not include what Nirvana provides.Call me.
Philip

Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 November 2005

Having been a guest at Nivana two times,2000,2004 and reading a negitive review recently,I must tell you that Nirvana is not high-rise luxury.It is a very relaxing and friendly resort.I would not think of staying anywhere else in Jamacia.

Stayed: February 2000
2  Thank palm98
Chicago
Reviewed 12 November 2005

I went to Nirvana in September with 5 friends. The cottages were very clean, everything worked!! Being an American run hotel nothing was broken or not woking like other Jamaican hotels. The staff was great. We had a night watchman and a Beach watchman. We felt very safe. The girls cooked meals for us as we all pitched in and went shopping and brought the food back to the cottage. The kitchen had everything that you would want, just like at home. You can even drink the water!!!! Most third world countries, you get sick if you drink the water. The water in Jamaica is safe and good tasting. I made oatmeal every morning with fresh honey bananas!!!!! And cocoa bread-a must try!!!!. We spoke with Lonnie before we went and she met all of our expectations, we didn't want to stay at a big fancy hotel, I can get that at Palm Springs or at the Loews in Santa Monica. We wanted to be close to the culture and walk around and go to different resteraunts and see concerts on the beach!!! Everything is very close to Nirvana, waterskiing and activities. Joan the manager arranged for us to be picked up and go on a few trips which was great.

We loved it and will return

Sam Adams

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lantana, FL
Reviewed 12 November 2005

I, and eventually my family, have been going to Negril almost every year since 1976, and since happenning upon Nirvana about 15 years ago we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. There's nothing like the immediate peace that descends upon us at each return visit. Before discovering Nirvana I had been a traveler usually in the explorer mode, checking out new travel spots always. But Nirvana has influenced me in a way like no other place....I'm absolutely content with our yearly family return. Blending the right amount of comfort and charm, and of community and privacy, in a beautiful natural place, the proprieters and staff could not possibly do a better job. Nirvana is why we go to Jamaica.

Stayed: July 2005