“Fantastic Value”

SeaScape Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
SeaScape Apartments
Ranked #65 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 31 July 2005

We came to stay at Sea Scape as an alternative to staying at the scary Summerset Village that was further down the road (no other hotel guests, rooms w/no TVs, too far off the road & not within short walking distance to much; we stayed at Toby's Resort in Montego Bay for 4 days, then came to Negril for the rest of our stay). I absolutely enjoyed our stay--both the receptionists were very friendly & helpful and it's within perfect walking distance to the Time Square duty-free shopping plaza and the beach (accessible through Merrill's across the street). There is no restaurant on the premises so we walked down to another hotel, Kuyaba, & had all our meals there (delicious!). The only thing you should prepare for is the bugs you'll likely encounter (tip: don't bring food in the room), & when we were there a rooster lived next door & would cockle his --- off in the morning. But for the value and the location, it's a fantastic buy. I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Southampton, UK
Reviewed 24 July 2004

We've just returned from 2 weeks at the Sea Scape Hotel. It's a basic place but you get great value for money: the rooms have everything you need (except maybe a fridge), it's clean and the people working there were very friendly and helpful. It's in a good location, close to the beach (2min) but sufficiently far away from the parties to let you sleep if you want to. You can use some of the facilities of the Merrils II resort across the street (sun loungers, bar, shop, free pool dive with Marine Life Divers etc). The best thing is Selina's cafe right around the corner which turned into our second home - wonderful food & wonderful people :)

• Stayed: January 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 June 2004

Arrived back from Negril Wed 24/06/2004 had the best holiday ever. Sea scape Hotel clean, pool clean and staff friendly enough. Negril its self fantastic beach and very friendly local people (go out and talk to the locals they are really interesting). Very safe place to go out at night not like the stories you here. Would go back and stay at the same Hotel as it has a good location.

1  Thank Jane04108
Nottingham- England
Reviewed 20 August 2003

I stayed at the Sea Scape Apr 03.

What I found nice was the reception from the lady at the front desk.
There was two. But the main lady who did most shift. She always asked everyday how I was. Gave strong advise on places to go. On out depature date. She came in on her day off. Just to say Goodbye. The room were basic, but for what we paid. I thought we had everthing we needed. The rest of the staff were always frendly. I only found one unpleasant one, Which was the manager. She came over very rude when we wanted to have a shower on out departure date. I thought the staff were very sceard of her. She did not seem like she should have been in the position. I only seen here once in two weeks and the hotel ran smothly in all that time.
The day she did appear everybody was on edge. which made me feel out of place and not welcome there. But she did not stay to long so that was good. I would return and stay at the hotel. Its right by the beach and close to everything else. Let hope when I return I see the same Reception Lady

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reutte, Austria
Reviewed 19 March 2003

We - my boyfriend and me - stayed 2 weeks in the Sea Scape Hotel in Negril, the service there is unbelievable - this 2 receptionist girls are not only cold they are unsympatic not friendly at all and also not helpful, once the toilet was floated but noone cleaned it after it was opened again - we had to wait 2 days till someone cleaned - for a room changing they wanted to charge each night 60 US $ - I didn´t know that this hotel is a part of the Hilton chain (it´s not at all) and the funny thing for the german guests it was free to change. Than the breakfast service - it was not only less nearly nothing at all to eat - but ok it was cheap than no need - but if she (the serving one) has each day her finger in the spoon, on the fork and the knife and than shoot it to the table than I can´t say something.Negril would be ok - sun, beach, vegetation and the sea are perfect, but people are absolutely strange for my taste especially in this Sea Scape Hotel - I would recommend to everyone to make holiday somewhere where people know the mean of friendliness and hospitality like in AUSTRIA!I´m glad that we are back it were long 2 weeks in Negril!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member