“Clean, quiet and the right price.”

and 1 more site!
Hidden Paradise Resort Hotel
Ranked #73 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed at Hidden Paradise for one week in Feb 2011. I stayed in one of the cabins which is located near the entrance of the the hotel instead of an actual hotel room....loved it. The cabins are like a duplex and you can hear your neighbour so bring ear plugs just in case. This hotel is in a garden setting.

When I first arrived I had some trouble getting the air conditioning to work however the friendly staff assisted and it was good to go. The room was cleaned every day and was totally spotless. The bathroom was good except for the water pressure in the shower was low however this was not a big deal for me. There was a safe, TV, clock radio, ceiling fan, and wooden shutters on the windows to let the night breeze in. I stocked the bar fridge as there is a little food store, beer/water/snacks/fruit etc, about 3 doors down from the hotel.

There were two double beds, one was very hard and the other was very firm. At night there is a jerk chicken BBQ right outside the hotel entrance which goes late into the night. Also, there was a patio set for two on the patio right outside my cabin door. My breakfast was included in the price and was served in the open air restaurant on the second storey of the hotel and right off the pool area. I enjoyed the view (trees, plants, and flowers) from the restaurant while I ate my breakfast. There is free wifi near the pool area too.

At night, there is a security guard who opens and closes the gate for those coming back late. The beach access is across the street from the hotel. At first, I thought this might be a nuisance to pack a beach bag around but it wasn't at all. You cross the street (traffick is on the left hand side so be very careful crossing Canadians!) and go down a short lane which then opens up to a restaurant (Mama Flow) and a beach area.

The restaurant has lounge chairs that you can set up on the beach... more than likely they will offer to help you set it up. Locals on the beach will approach you and ask if you want to buy stuff from their shop or whatever they have for sale....if you are not interested be POLITE and say no thank you.... they value and are big on respect....also you don't want to offend anyone off in Jamaica.

I would stay here again and would recommend it to my friends/family.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Travelbugbite_76

Reviewed 19 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Hidden Paradise starting March 28th for one week. It was a last minute check in as our other plans had fallen through. We arrived late at night and was offered a lovely room for two.
This resort has a pool , offers a decent breakfast. and has beach access across the road. It is very close walking distance to everything on Negril beach.
Having said that, the staff were very welcoming , friendly and kept the place extremely clean. There was a night watchman, who kept an eye out for us.
The garden area is lovely and kept up , beautiful flowers everywhere.
It is a basic room, nothing fancy , but suited us fine. We were out and about most of the time anyways.
There was a safe in the room and a refrigerator.
I would have no hesitation in going here again for a relaxing, safe and fun vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Karen77
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our trip to Negril and stay at Hidden Paradise very much. The grounds were exceptional, the room we stayed in #121, was very neat, clean and well kept. much appreciated!. Housekeeping maintained our room and balcony area very neatly, and clean. Our driver Christopher who picked us up at the airport was very courteous, genuine nice person. The front desk staff was attentive to any requests. You can make local calls at the front desk for no charge. Breakfast by the pool was a great way to start our mornings. Mama Flo's was accommodating to getting our lounge chairs set up, very good food and drinks. We plan on next season to make another stay at Hidden Paradise.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed for 9 days and paid $86 US and it included a full made to order breakfast. The staff were wonderful. Hello from Canada!!!! The rooms were clean and well kept. Our fridge didn't work but we also didn't tell anyone. The only drawback was not enough lounge chairs at the beach or by the pool Right next door is the best coffee place in Negril. Blue Mountain Cafe. It has 4 tables and Biggs sold jerk chicken right outside and the owner is a wonderful woman and a great cook. We enjoyed her food and company, Four Stars for authentic!!!!! Mama Joy never change and Audrey you are a great lady!!! We had the pleasure of meeting some new friends from England at this resort who helped make our vacation unforgettable and hope to remain friends forever. Hidden Paradise is local all the way!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lylay
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This may be the best location on 7 mile beach. We were within walking distance of at least 20 restaurants and another 10 jerk stands. There are 3 grocery stores withing walking distance as well as shopping near by. This is important to a family on a budget.

It isn't on the beach, instead it is across the street with direct access. We found this to be a benefit. The beach area they have is amazing. We were 200 feet from shore in waist deep water with pure sand bottom. they also have a restaurant on the beach called mama flos. We didn't eat there so I can't make any reviews other than the prices were reasonable and the food looked good. There seemed to be steady traffic. We spent most of our evening meals at a place called fanso's. It's about 100 steps south of the bar b barn. (simple food at excellent prices) and only 8 minute walk from hidden paradise.

The rooms are clean with tile floors and a safety deposit box ( you need to leave a deposit of $50.00). The rooms are not flashy but adequate for most travelers.

Breakfast is spectacular. It can take a while if the hotel is full but the wait is worth it. The view from the breakfast area is very nice. You overlook the morasse reserve which backs onto the hotel.

This is a family run operation and they treat you like family. There are fewer and fewer places like this in negril. The location dot on tripadvisor is incorrect. The hotel is approximately 300 meters north of the times square shopping center. If you look on google maps and use the measuring tool you will find it. It is long and narrow property with a pool and covered deck at the back.

The only downside is that the neighboring porperties seem to have a dog problem. At times the noise of these dogs can be a pain in the but.

If you are looking for all inclusive treatment this is not the place. But if you want good bang for your buck and a casual atmosphere, consider hidden paradise.

• Stayed: December 2011
8  Thank twiggypeg
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My guest and I just had short stay (4 nights) at Hidden Paradise Resort and absolutely loved it, I will be back for sure. Everyone there is so nice and accommodating from the front desk girls, grounds keeper, breakfast/housekeeping lady, security and owner… loved them all! They truly want you to enjoy your vacation and are not all up in your business as some other places I have stayed.

It’s an older property (but not run down) with lots of charm, clean and well maintained with everything… hot water, fridge, AC, TV, WIFI in working order. A perfect relaxing get away, the grounds and view from the pool deck are absolutely beautiful!! They are in a great location right across from the beach and you can walk either way down the road/beach and get to many different restaurants, bars and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Drea012
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I have been to Hidden Paradise more times than I can count. I can't really put into words what it is about the hotel that keeps me coming back, it's just a certain vibe. It's not fancy but has gorgeous grounds and an awesome porch! It feels like you are at home there. Some hotels feel stuffy and it seems like they are always in your business..which is not what I'm looking for on vacation. Hidden Paradise is just a great place to chill out with family or friends and enjoy yourself.

The fridge is a plus and the location can't be beat. You can walk to just about anything you need. The pool is great when you have had enough of the beach for the day. All these things combined keep me going back year after year.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends