“At First, I Was Skeptical, Now I'm A Cheerleader!!”

Gary's Jamaican Taxi & Tours
Ranked #5 of 42 Transportation in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Gary's Jamaica Taxi Service is a friendly, clean, and safe option for all your travel needs in Jamaica. From airport transfers to private day tours, Gary's has you covered! Day tours to YS Falls, Black River, Pelican Bar, Blue Hole, Dunns River Falls, Mystic Mountain, Dolphin Cove, Ricks Cafe and more!
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“At First, I Was Skeptical, Now I'm A Cheerleader!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

What can I say? I was taking my first solo trip to "get away from it all". I knew no one. All I had to go one was these random "Trip Advisor" reviews which I'd never really paid much of a hoot to before now.

Something about all of them rang true- they all spoke about how hospitable, punctual, and professional Gary was. I figured all of them couldn't be telling the same exact fib.

So, I gave him a try. Gary was the GREATEST EVER! If I ever become rich and famous, I want him on my team if I could convince him. He is SUPER punctual (in fact HE was waiting on ME a few times), he knows about those tucked away non-touristy places that are safe and welcoming to visitors, that aren't on your visitors map. He is very CLEAN, his vehicle is cleaner than your vehicle at home, he's a wonderful conversationalist, and can even be an impromptu sightseeing/tour guide.

I felt completely safe being a solo traveling female with GARY as my guide and caretaker.

Whenever I return home, I am riding with my new friend, GARY, and no one else. By the way, his rates are beyond competitive. Hands down, GARY will be the BEST investment of your trip to beautiful JAMAICA! See you very, very soon, GARY! AMANDA from ATLANTA (by way of Canada and JAMAICA!!)

4 Thank Amanda A
kriscv, Public Relations Manager at Gary's Jamaican Taxi & Tours, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you so much for visiting and using our services! We look forward to seeing you again. :)

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Gary's wife Barbara picked us up and took us back to the airport. Safe comfortable sedan and always on time. We talked to Barbara a lot and she told us about Jamaica; very friendly and informative. We shared a lot of stories and had great conversations with Barbara. Also called them at last minute to get a ride to Rick's Cafe and the souvenir market. She made it happen and Gary arrived to pick us up 15minutes later!! AND IT WAS MUCH CHEAPER THAN THE HOTEL!

3 Thank Trish H
Austin, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Takes very good care of his customers”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Gary is a class act! He is professional, friendly, reliable, and respectful. He was always on time, if not early. He always answered his phone when we called. We stayed at a resort so we had the opportunity to get other taxi's, but they always quoted $10-$30 more than Gary would quote round-trip to places near Negril (like Blue Hole or Dolphin Cove in Lucea). He honestly has the most reasonable taxi prices in Negril. He would also offer to take us to the local grocery store or stop at the shopping centers on the way back to our hotel for no additional charge. He also offers transportation from and to the Montego Bay Airport. He's easy to find when you arrive in Jamaica because he will write your name(s) down on a board and be waiting for you just outside the airport. The icing on the cake is that his taxi is clean, spacious, and has excellent air conditioning! He will even play some music for you if you ask him. It is obvious that he enjoys his job and getting to know new people. It is rare that you get higher quality for lower cost, but Gary makes that a reality and I have huge respect for him for that. We couldn't thank Gary enough for his transportation services during our stay Negril. Thank you Gary!!

1 Thank Joanna111286
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Can't recommend enough....fantastic!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in Negril, Jamaica at the beginning of August & after reading reviews on Gary's Taxi service took Gary's contact details with us. We contacted Gary & booked him for a day, our request was to show us the 'real Jamaica' and he did just that! Gary told us that we could ask him anything & we really enjoyed the chat throughout the day & we now understand far more about Jamaica and the people. He took us to two tourist attractions and on our request a Jamaican supermarket and a jewellery store. I also asked if he could take us to a local Beef Patty shop as my partner had not tried these..they were yummy! The day was finished off perfectly when we asked him to take us to a local Negril restaurant of his choice where they served lobster. He took us to Chicken Lavish & boy was the food good! We ate looking onto the sea & also enjoyed a few cold ones! We paid $110 for the day's driving/hire + purchased Gary's drinks/patty/meal in the evening & this was worth every penny! We are hoping to return to Negril next year & Gary will be the first person we call! Thanks Gary, you made our last day memorable & we will see you soon...

1 Thank Catherine M
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Guide and Driver”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We asked Gary to pick us up from Sangster Airport and take us to Negril.

He charged us $80 for the trip..where as the Hotel Taxi would have charged us $100.

We then booked with Gary a trip to YJ Falls and the Appleton Rum Factory. Gary was busy so he sent his wife Barbara. The kids and my wife loved Barbara. She kept us entertained and made stops along the way as requested. We bought fresh fruit and roadside Jamaican food. It was fresh and very tasty as well as being reasonably priced.

On the way back to Montego Bay we booked Gary again and to the disappointment of my family Gary showed up. They were hoping for Barbara again. Sorry Gary.. However that's a man thing, we only speak when needed but Women can make conversation anytime. I was cool with your silence.

Jokes aside, both Gary and his wife Barbara are good, careful, safe drivers that look after you. Believe me for me to compliment anyone's driving is very rare.

2 Thank Mouse1963