“Excellent! Extraordinary! Great thanks to Sandria, Norman & Motto!”

Idle Awhile - The Cliffs
Mulberry, Florida
“Excellent! Extraordinary! Great thanks to Sandria, Norman & Motto!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Ricky(my husband) and I stayed at HideAwhile for 5 nights. It is to celebrate my birthday..! We stayed there during the 5 nights. We were the only guests during the entire stay. When I am writing this, it is our last night stay here. I wanna say we don't wanna leave or go home..It is more than extraordinary I would say. It is like we own the whole palace. We have the entire resort, pool, cliff, ocean, sky and the HideAwhile crew team all to ourselves.

On our first morning, we were very blessed to see dolphins in the close ocean by the cliff.
Everyday, the sky and the ocean were beyond beautiful.
Even when it rains or storms, the sounds of the rains and storms and the waves are amazing..
At night, the sounds of the wild insects with the sounds of waves are calming.
Ricky and I slept so well...

Special thanks:
We love Sandria! She is so kind. I love her handmade artwork. She and I talked; like mother-to-daughter and a great friend.

We love the CURRY SHRIMP CREPE made by Motto! He is so kind and quiet and nice. We love his cooking..SO DELICIOUS. I can eat 10 curry shrimp crepes he makes a day. BIG KUDOS TO YOU, MOTTO! I LOVE FOOD! (BIGGER portion FOR ME if next time..LOL)

We love Norman! He is always here and so calm and cool. Yo, he is the man! My husband really likes Norman as Norman is so kind and helpful.

I am sad to go back to US.
Ricky and I will miss you all so much and the curry shrimp crepe..!

This place HideAwhile is beyond amazing. It is a place even my picky husband says "I can live here for life."

This place HideAwhile and our stay is really refreshing..It is such a relaxing place. It is so beautiful, so lovely, and AMAZING.

I praise God and thank God for bring Ricky and I here.

Great job to all of you, Sandria, Norman, Motto, and Madison (the housekeeping).

Love you all!
Wai Ching & Ricky

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank c_callyS

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jamaica
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have stayed at both idleawhile and hideawhile. Also at hideawhile I stayed in the rooms and the villa. Both locations have completely different vibes. Hideawhile is located on the cliffs and therefore is a bit more remote. If you do not have your own transportation you might prefer to stay on the beach. Also if you like to use the sports club which is complimentary when staying at either location then idleahile is closer. That being said if you would like to be in a very quiet environment and just chill out then Hideawhile might be better for you. The villas were much nicer than the one bedroom apartments which are located to the rare of the property. The apartments are more private than the villas. The villas have a beautiful view of the sea. Villa one has wooden shutters and the others have glass doors. I would recommend the one with the glass doors, so that you can enjoy the ocean view even when you close them ( for example at night or if you need to turn on the air conditioner). You may also hear the sounds from the other villas if the other guest are loud. The pool is great, the sea was too rough for us t go swimming. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Norman is always present. As a Jamaican, the food is very overpriced. I do not recommend buying food at the hotel. Overall, I recommend both locations. You will have to decide which will be more suitable for what you are looking for. I will give idleawhile the edge, but if you want to feel very private, free, and like you have your own personal villa then hideawhile may be for you.

Room Tip: Villa one has wooden shutters so I would recommend the other two with glass windows in the front.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamaica92
new york
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed the first week in July for 4 nights. We arrived into Negril around 9:30 am because we took Intl. Air Link from Mobay, since check in wasn't until later we had our driver drop us off at their sister resort Idle Awhile where we had breakfast which was absolutely delicious, after breakfast they informed us our Villa was ready. Since we booked a 2 story villa, it came with a full kitchen so we stopped at The HiLo and did some shopping, a case of water, coffee, munchies, RUM etc. Once we arrived check in was quick, the gave us a remote for the gate to come and go. The caretaker Norman, put our bags a wagon and off we went to Villa 3. The Villa was very nice in a rustic kind of way, spotless, a/c on the second floor bedroom, bed was very comfortable. The shower upstairs did not have much water pressure, so we usually took showers outside, being thst it was Villa 3, it was very private. The resort grounds were well taken care of, we were the only couple for most of the week so it was very quiet, a few visitors came up from IdleAwhile for the day, but it was never crowed. We did eat at the restaurant twice for breakfast it was average. Most mornings made our own coffee and walked down the block to Out of Town Pastry, stocked up on fresh bread and patties for lunch, the restaurant would heat our patties up no problem for us. On our last day the chef made us a special jerk chicken lunch, it was delicious! Every night we went out for dinner, but on our 1st night we just ordered pizza and salad take out from Ciao Jamaica, we had to have Norman the care taker call for us because once we arrived on the property we lost out cell signals and there are NO PHONES in the rooms, which was a bit perplexing because they offered room service. They do have wifi, so if no one was at the front desk and Norman was not around, I would have to email our driver to pick us up if we wanted to go out. I really suggest they DO PUT THE PHONES BACK IN THE ROOM, mostly for safety reasons, that part we did not like!
WATER: It could be a bit rough at times, but by the second day we were jumping off the cliff every day. The pool was nice and very clean. Housekeeping: Did a great job! All in all we had a wonderful relaxing vacation, just what we needed.

Room Tip: Choose Villa 3 if ocean view, more privacy
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deeannjohn
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My Husband and I recently went to Negril Jamaica for our 25th wedding anniversary. We decided to stay at 3 different places this trip, and Hide Awhile (Part of Idle Awhile) was our first stop. We stayed 4 nights at this Resort. It was just as they explained on their website "Intimate and Tranquil". We were the only couple there for the first night, and it was FANTASTIC. Relaxing was just what we needed to start off this amazing trip! We had full staff just for us, so we felt "very special". Beautiful Resort on top of the cliffs overlooking the Ocean (if you get the ocean view villa), however their garden villa's are also lovely!

Food and drinks were "excellent"! Great job to ALL THE STAFF! AMAZING PEOPLE.

I would like to personally say thank you to: Sandra, Norman, Motto, Oscar, Needle, Richard......I know there is more to Thank! You made our vacation very "special"!

Beautiful Resort, with great staff! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CNaugle
Afton, Virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We want to rave to the world about how great HideAwhile is... But then again, we'd prefer to keep it our little secret! Only 6 units but completely full service. Like having your own private chef, bartender, concierge, housekeeping (loved her towel sculptures with fresh flower accents!), caretaker, swimming pool, etc. for the price of a regular hotel room! You can take a shuttle to their sister property, IdleAwhile, on famous Seven Mile Beach and it's just a short drive to the best restaurants and clubs... but our favorite moments were spent lounging in the hammock on our private, ocean view balcony; floating in the pool by the cliffs, watching the hummingbirds, catching up on our reading , with only the sound of soft reggae and perhaps a fisherman singing as he line-fished nearby. Sandria and Norman took care of our every need and Moto and Foster made the best curried shrimp and escoveitch fish we've had on the island. P.S. Be sure to arrange for a snorkeling trip with Famous Vincent while you're there. He and his guys are the BEST.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Julie C
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed in one of the ocean view villas. The view was so beautiful! The villa is large and outfitted with all we needed. The full kitchen is very helpful. Comfy beds. The staff were friendly and smiling. If you don't want to fix your own meals, they have an outdoor kitchen and staff on hand, as well as a barkeeper at the outdoor bar by the pool. The pool is a nice smallish and clean dip. They have great lounge chairs with comfy pads. We would roll ours via a long paved walkway out to the gorgeous lookout point on the cliffs. The lookout point has a large umbrella and table, a great place to hang out and enjoy the beauty. We jumped off the cliffs into the water there, come back up the substantial ladder and lounge all day there, till sunset. Wow, what great sunsets there! I loved not having to put up with hagglers that you see on the beach strip. It is quiet and so beautiful at this place. Well, I say quiet..but it is a bit noisy in the mornings there as the staff arrives at 7 a.m. to set up for the day, and would usually wake us up, the villas face their work area. The garden view rooms are behind the villas, and probably more quiet. This property is owned by Idle a While on the beach strip, so we did go to the beach there one day just to get our feet in the sand a bit. Because we were guests at Hide A While, we had access to their lounge chairs and facilities. Nice place, too, with great drinks.

Hide a While was having water issues with our villa but they handled it very well, with no real inconvenience to us at all. They apologized profusely. They replaced a broken toaster and burned out light bulb fairly quickly. The villa was cleaned daily by friendly staff. The grounds keeper, Norman was always around, and got us jelly nuts daily. His 2 dogs were friendly and a real treat for us. We stayed there for 8 nights and hated to leave this great place. ( I found that it was better to buy your own alcohol and make your own drinks, the bartender was very skimpy with the amount of alcohol in his drinks, or the alcohol was watered down?)

The villas face the ocean with a large veranda equipped with comfy chairs and ceiling fans. We so enjoyed this feature! There are ceiling fans through out the villa. Air conditioning is in the upstairs bedroom only. It was quite adequate for us, temps around 82-85 degrees during the day, but cool at night with the ocean breeze. The villas are fairly close to each other, so you do hear others talking or playing music. The resort next door holds a lot of weddings and the music can be heard easily from there. That said, the music's volume goes way down at around 10:30 p.m., and wasn't a problem. We will definitely return to Hide a While. My husband says it's the new Negril.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank JillMadamie
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed at Hide Awhile for several days and really enjoyed the whole experience from the welcoming drink to checkout (well, in all honesty, checking out of this lovely hotel stunk cos we didn't want to leave).
Hide Awhile is a laid back low key boutique hotel with a fabulous staff, terrific pool, beautiful grounds and excellent food. We stayed in one of the villas, which is definitely the way to go if you stay here because you have a great view and lots of room to spread out and relax in. There is a full size kitchen, so you are quite independent if you so choose or you can use the restaurant if you prefer. There is a huge bedroom with a king size bed, flat screen, balcony complete with hammock and a wonderful bathroom upstairs and downstairs, there is a huge living room with a daybed (very comfy to sleep on) another bathroom with outside shower and as previously mentioned, a full size kitchen with everything you might possibly need. The villa was cleaned within an inch of its life everyday and everything was extremely well maintained. The pool was refreshing and clean and is a good size pool. I often swam at night which was a lovely treat. There is not a restaurant per se but there is a kitchen where almost anything can be ordered. If you don't see something on the menu, just ask and you will receive. The grounds were wonderful and green with two resident doggies on patrol in their pen, so no worries if dogs aren't up your alley. I have stayed in Negril several times and at different resorts and Hide Awhile is by far the quietest location as it is not on the main drag.
Thanks to Norman and Sandrine and all the wonderful staff for such a wonderful stay. We will be back to spend a week with you soon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family