“Great Value for the price”

Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #69 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Anytime I go to a cheap all-inclusive I wonder if it is for real. In this case I got what I paid for. All meals, all drinks at an incredibly low rate for a beachfront property. The place is not a palace by any means but what do you expect from a small family property? Not many places in Negril have a pool on the beachside but Fun Holiday did. Overall a pretty relaxing week on the beach. Ya Mon! John R

Room Tip: There are only or 3 rooms that are directly facing the ocean so ask specifically.
3  Thank sunsplashtours

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I will never stay here again! I don't know if it's because I went during off season or if this is just how the hotel is on a daily basis?

They had a good variety of food to choose from, but the drinks were HORRIBLE! No Red Stripe Light (which is what I drink in Jamaica) & barely any rum! SOME of the staff was friendly, but not everyone.The service was horrible! Everyone acted like they didn't want to be bothered when you would ask for something. I only ate here two times & ordered one drink my entire stay which was 7 nights. The rest of the time I ate & drank elsewhere. One out of the two meals I ate there, while I was ordering my food I asked the chef a few questions about how something was cooked, he got upset with me for asking to many questions so he just rolled his eyes & walked away. And the hotel "security guard" tried to sell me pills every single time I walked by him while I was on hotel property & he even started a fight with my taxi driver one afternoon.

The rooms were good for the price that you pay & the air conditioning was FREEZING cold which was awesome after a long day out & about in the Jamaican heat. The hotel also runs some really good specials on lobster dinners. They are buy one get one free for two, whole lobsters & it comes with one side each. You & a friend can each eat a lobster meal for around $33 USD which is excellent. That was about the only positive things that came out of my entire stay here. I spent most of my time next door at Whistling Bird which is where I am staying during my next trip to Jamaica.

Room Tip: The upstairs, upgraded rooms have better views (but I wouldn't recommend this hotel)
2  Thank Brandi A
Reviewed 30 October 2011

On arrival the 1st piece of information we got told was ' that the rats had left'. The room were small, bathroom needed some serious updating. Very limited menu and drinks on offer. We were the only 2 people an an All Inclusive holiday, no Buffet and what can only be described as a 'transport cafe ' menu
We, like the rats, moved out after only 2 nights
Only piece of advice is to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Fun Holiday exceeded all my expectations. Warm service, and very helpful front desk. The housekeeping person, Jennifer was very pleasant and is always smiling. The resort was well maintained. I would recommed Fun Holiday for couples, families and friends. Fun Holiday is located on the beach, which provide a safe atmosphere and taxis to go downtown Negril to get the best jerk chicken. There is nightclub Jungle, across the street.

Room Tip: Higher the rooms the best the sound of the beach and waves.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank DonnaTh
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Rite on seven mile beach, directly across from Club Jungle, great value... What more could you want

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed here in early October and had a fantastic time. Location! Location! Location!
Allowed us to really experience paradise that Negril is. They had buffet and which was actually very good, and I am Indian, I know buffets. Only stayed 3 days, wish we could have stayed longer. But wIll be returning soon. A great big thanks for an amazing getaway to the staff.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

we stayed at the Fun Holiday Beach resort last week, and for the most part had a GREAT time. The rooms were clean and had all that we needed. our air conditioner froze up and stopped working one day, but they moved us to another room and the view was spectacular. Most of the staff were outstanding and helpful, but a few were rather pushy. since we were two single women in Negril, most men automatically assumed we were there to pay for sex, and thats what a LOT of them offered. the walks along 7 mile beach were breathtaking and met many wonderful people along the way. I enjoyed my stay at the Fun Holiday very much and would recommend it to people looking for a clean budget place to stay on the beach. Jungles is a club right across the street which was great, as well as a good go-go club across the street which I went to a few nights cuz it was alot of fun. you have to take a taxi to go into town if you want to go to Ricks Cafe or shopping, but there is more than enough shops along the beach to buy whatever your looking for, as well as little bar after bar after bar, all with great prices. the Sunsets in Negril are breathtaking.

Room Tip: second floor rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank emdKelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
#29 of 35 in Ocho Rios
SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril

Been to Fun Holiday Beach Resort? Share your experiences!