“LOCATION”

Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #65 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just return from fun holiday beach hotel in Negril- location excellent - second visit to hotel- knew what I was getting in to -the place just need update-- if you want a place to stay soak up the sun, not costly if you are on a budget fhbr is good, entertainment every saturday , if you want more this hotel has easy access to other location- walking distance that you don't need a taxi. The place is secure, room was clean where i stay- hotel has all inclusive but i did not utlize - only issue was towels/ wash cloth they forgot me one day-
To the front staff before they take a customer to there room make sure the room is 100%- I would stay there again

Room Tip: like the garden side - but prefer the second floor the balcony you can see more o the beach
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
14  Thank jamgirl58

Reviewed 25 November 2013

2nd vacation to this hotel in 4 months. Definitely needs improvement. Bar service poor. At times mix not available. No rum cream the entire week. Ran out of beer on tap. The list goes on and on. Food service okay. Not great variety. Slow service. Absolutely no entertainment. The only plus is the location on the beach. It is a safe spot with security present day and night. Rooms very basic but beds comfortable. The whole place needs a facelift. Painting,good cleaning,etc. despite the fact there were no more than 12 guests for the week.. Still had to wait for bath towels and beach towels. Not sure how they would manage with a full hotel. The staff however are lovely and that is the reason I return. They try hard to ensure you have a good time but the management just needs to spend some money and give the staff what they need to better the hotel .

You need to know before booking that this is definitely a 2 star property. Very basic. Good beach. Safe. I would consider it a good home base and plan on going out spending money for meals, drinks entertainment,etc.
Negril is lovely. Great food. Good bars along the beach. Expect TONS of peddlers,sellers on the beach. At times quite relentless. Be firm in saying no. Not interested. And they will move on. Otherwise anything you may want to buy from fresh cooked lobster to handmade jewellery to all sorts of illegal drugs are available non stop.

To sum it up...you get what you pay for. And I will likely return to Fun Holiday for the lovely smiles from staff. But go with no expectations and have fun!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
16  Thank Moira L
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Just returned from FHBR for the 2nd time. A real Jamaican style hotel. The front desk staff were very quick to assist. I dealt with Jessica mostly, she is a very charming & caring person taking care of all your needs. we were in c105 ground floor newer side within minutes. bed was soft and comfy, room was always spotless after maid came in...food was excellent !!! bar staff Collin & Nyron were great along with dinning staff Samantha, Shelly, La toya & Santina and all the cooking staff !!! Security Oneil & Lawrence I only mentioned a few names sorry if I left out anyone. . . AT FH their staff do wonders with what they have to work with. Oh yeah FH now provides beach towels. Don't forget to tip for good service, as the most hotels in Jamaica do not pay very well. We had the best trip to date because of the staff, beach, food and the fun people we met . Vernon don't let these people (staff) get away as they made our trip a most memorable one and they make your resort a place were people will return again & again Thank you all ..soon come

Irie Andy, Maggie & Jenny

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have been going to Negril for several years now and I have always stopped into Fun Holiday for drinks, they use to have 3 4 1's and we would have the time of our lives. This trip I decided to book 2 nights there as some friends were staying there. And the results of my decision were WONDERFUL.. I will be booking again.. the room was beautiful, the air conditioning worked, the grounds were clean, staff was EXCELLENT. I had a wonderful time. I can't thank everyone at Fun Holiday enough for welcoming me with open arms. I hated to leave but I will soon be back.. Thank You very much and till we meet again.. One Love

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank Jamerican01
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We love The fun Holiday....we were there in Dec 2012 we just booked our trip to travel in Dec 2013.....We loved all the staff....we felt very safe...The Beach and Water were gorgeous...Our room was exactly what we needed....nice bed..cable tv....great water pressure...We sat on our porch and partied with who ever wanted to join in.....we will be there Dec 4th 2013....YA MON!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Thorntons924
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I´m from Finland and as a regular Negril visitor for more than 10 years now, I can highly recommend you

beautiful resort for eveyone! I really enjoyed my staying there; the place is not too big or small but suitable size, the beach

is just beautiful, rooms are clean and comfortable and the location on the beach is just perfect.

But the best of all: the staff is so helpfull and friendly, they did everything to me feel welcomed and happy.

I definately want to come back!

Thank you Fun Holiday Staff and for everything!

Maria, from Helsinki Finland

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Marja V
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I'm not about to bash this place because it goes without saying, " you get what you pay for!"
But in this case, that's all I needed. I was in Negril for a wedding that didn't happen and I was stuck with no hotel accomodations. Fun Holiday saved the day for me! There was a clean bed and shower and reasonable AC and Tv with cable. They did everytthing within their means to make sure I was comfortable and that made me have a fun holiday!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank LolaSkye
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
#29 of 35 in Ocho Rios
SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril

Been to Fun Holiday Beach Resort? Share your experiences!