“Mildew, Noise, overpriced food”

Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 6 April 2006

Although the staff was sweet, the place is only for people with nowhere else to go. We entered our room and were greeted with a Wall of Mildew smell. Room was kept very clean and had been recently painted,but: Bare lightbulb on the wall, insufficient lighting and towels, loud parties through the paper-thin walls and in the pool at 4am. Sounds like your kind of fun, have at it. We fled, despite the fact that our stay had been paid for and we had to pay ourselves for accomodation elsewhere.
Food was the worst we had the entire time we were in Negril, too, and we ate out of the shacks on the beach and roadside stands often.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank Reetska

Reviewed 25 March 2006

Fun Holiday was a pretty decent hotel. It's not the 4 seasons, but it's far from a hole in the wall. The rooms were always kept clean. My only complaint is the hotel is pretty stingy with towels and pillows, so you may want to pack some extras. The bathroom was a little old too, but everything else in the room was fine. The grounds were kept very clean, and the staff is friendly and always willing to help. I read an earlier post saying the food was expensive and not good. I disagree, I think the food was pretty reasonable, and my food was great. The hotel is also in a very convenient area. You're right on the beach, so you can't get any better than that. Its also right across the street from the Jungle, a large night club in Negril, and there are a lot of little places to eat near the hotel. I recommend going to Tony Montana's across the street if you want a quick bite to eat. The food is good, and also cheap. I would stay at Fun Holiday again.

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank ceecee757
Reviewed 1 February 2006

This is a run down hotel with over priced food and drinks. We did not order "extra" cheese on our omlets but they tried to charge us an extra $9.00 for cheese. A small rum and coke cost $4.50. Needless to say, we did not support this hotel by eating or drinking there. We had an "ocean view" and paid $100.00 per night but our neighbors who also had an "ocean view" paid $70.00 per night. We were told that we were given a "repeat customer rate." The manager would not acknowledge us after the third day and we did not even voice our complaints to her. They were mad because we went to the grocery store and bought our own beer and drank it on the deck off of our room and by the pool. Thank goodness we brought a coffee pot with us because it was $3.00 per cup of coffee at the restaurant. We will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank Jodster54
Reviewed 1 February 2006

We stayed at Fun Holiday - for the most part, the hotel staff was great - we had one security guard who had an attitude with us, and one incident when the maids knocked on the door and then immediately opened it at 9:45 am (we were asleep)- there was confusion over which day we were checking out, and it was later corrected. The owner / manager of the hotel is originally from London - she was lovely to deal with, and gave us no problems when we asked for extra towels (which were a little scarce). The food at the restaurant was good, except for the fact that they were out of several items listed. The bartenders and waitresses were wonderful and friendly. Our only other complaint was that they were constructing an umbrella / stand near the pool, and started hammering at 9 am one morning - not what we want to hear on vacation! The rooms need better lighting, but the shower was by far one of the best I have ever had in a hotel - great hard water pressure.

The beach was beautiful and clean, and the jet ski guys were wonderful at blocking the vendors if you didn't want to interact.

I would not recommend this hotel as a family hotel for those with young kids - the beach band plays loudly 3 nights a week - a band that I was not impressed with at all.

I would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend it for singles or couples who are looking to relax during the day and be out and about at night.

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank suz
Reviewed 3 January 2006

The hotel appeared to seen better days or an abundance or rowdy spring break parties. There aren't any pictures on the walls and the decor is in a formal English style with lots of worn florals. The sheets aren't changed daily and there is a shortage of towels.
If you like a lot of loud music from 4 PM to 3 AM this might be the place. They have their own live band or DJ several nights of the week and the Jungle Club vibrates the rooms until 3 AM.
I would not recommend this hotel for families or those who want to hear the sound of waves. It may be a great place for young spring breakers.

• Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank Anna123452000
A TripAdvisor Member
springfield, MIssouri
Reviewed 18 October 2005

I stayed at fun holiday for springbreak 05. It was the best trip of my life. I went with about 15 friends and we has such an amazing time. the beach is beautiful. The people on the beach get a little annoying constantly bothering you to buy random stuff and drugs but other than that everything was perfect. I would definetly recommend staying at fun holiday. It would be a great trip with that special someone, with the beautiful sunset and romantic atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 October 2005

Everytime I come back to Fun Holiday the place is looking better and better. This is my 5th or 6th time vacationing there. I hardly recognized the place. The courtyard is beautiful and lush..no need for shoes to walk to your room now...and the construction has been over for along time so the review before me is a bit outdated...
As always....my 10 days were so relaxing and I hated to leave. Susan and Marlene and Lauren and all the staff ....Thanks for always taking such good care of me! The day the water was off in Negril it rained so I had the best shower in the courtyard in the rain...lol...
Always a great time....miss my morning swims and all of you....be bak soon...
Cheri