“Canadian Girl”

Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My family and I stayed at Travellers Beach Resort for one week (Feb 9 to Feb 15). There were twelve of us who all travelled from Toronto Canada. The main lobby is absolutley gorgeous and the staff at the front desk are lovely and very friendly, especially Vanessa! Each staff member that my family and I encountered was very helpful and kind. The pool is a great place to unwind and relax. It was very clean and well kept. The resturant and bar provided good food and drinks although the service was a tad bit slow. The beach was stunning and there were many sun chairs and helpful people close by if assistance was needed. We stayed in the standard room and it was nothing fancy however a bit out dated. There were two double sized beds a tv and a celing fan. The room served its purpose and was comfortable enough. The bathrooms were kept clean daily however the shower was a little disappointing due to the poor showerhead. My family and I thouroughly enjoyed the flowers and lovely gardens surrounding the property. Personally I loved all the friendly cats that are on the property as they were just so cute. Although we only stayed at Travellers for one week, it was a week spent well. Thank you Wellington family for your hospitality.
Best Regards,
Canadian Girl

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Erin T

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I had a great time at Travellers Beach Resort. The staff was extremely friendly, and any questions or concerns my family and I had, we knew we could go directly to them and they would assist us in any way possible. The food and drinks were very good. The hotel was as I expected. I didnt mind having a smaller room, considering I was only in the room to sleep. The entertainment was fantastic. The first night my family and I arrived, it was karaoke night. To catch a flight at 6 AM, to be on a clustered plane for four hours.. and then come to an upbeat, lively entertainment night was definitely worth it. I'd like to make mention to Wingate and Winthrope for being extrememely kind and welcoming to my family and I. Every morning there was a "good-morning" to us, and smiles on your faces. This trip being my first time staying at Travellers Beach Resort, it was very nice to feel welcomed by the both of you, so thank you. I will definitely be coming back to Travellers to enjoy another great vacation!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robyn R
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed 10 days ( Jan, 30 to Feb 9, 2013) in paradise at the Travelers Beach Resort and it was the best vacation to the Islands I have had in 23 yrs of annual trips. As with the reveiws before me the staff and service are exceptional and made the difference, From the first day their consern was to help "Mr. Stairs" have the best time and they did!!! The restaurant/ bar served up good afordable food with the ocean caressing all of your senses, terrific veiw. Entertainment most nights. My original plan was to be there 1 week but added 3 extra nights because some very special people that will be friends forever. Venessa, Nicoda, and Kemora - Thank you! and thank you to all at Travelers Beach !!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank stairs2013
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Stayed here Dec 13th- 17th for a little bday getway with one of my good friends . The Hotel was as i expected not too many bells and whistles but the basic. Was pretty cool thou to watch the knicks game as it was on TNT like i was back home in the states. Ate once at the resturant by the beach (the food was okay). Would stay here again as it served its purpose as a nice resting spot after day/night activities. The staff was lovely and very friendly. We came right on time for the staff party which we were invited to. Even partied a little at the Jungle nightclub with some of the staff later that night. Was a lil disappointed that my fav browning receptionist didnt wanna dance. But she she later explained to me she had to keep up appearance for work, so i didnt take it personal. I will be back in negril soon and she will owe me a dance then!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beddo_2013
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you found what you expected during your stay. We certainly are not one of the bigger resorts with a wide array of amenities but we do aim to provide some amenities that typically you may not expect to find at the smaller resorts. We offer free wi-fi throughout the property (including rooms), scuba center, gym, spa & salon, billiards, table tennis, pool, and nightly entertainment several nights a week. I'm happy you were able to enjoy the staff party with us and hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2013

My husband&I came with a good friend of ours to stay at Travellers for a week from Jan.17-24th.Well,that was one fast week!We had such a good time there!The staff are wonderful from front desk to bar& restaurant, housekeeping, groundskeepers and the Wellington family themselves.Such warm, welcoming, friendly people.We loved the waterfront restaurant and it was so relaxing to have breakfast there every morning looking out over the sea.Great bar too!Romeo, you are a sweetheart!And the pool---beautiful!!! We have been coming a long time to Negril and that is the nicest pool I have ever been in. Tried swimming in the sea a couple times but found the water pretty choppy while we were there.The room we had was clean and comfortable--good mattress and puffy pillows. Lots of towels and noproblem with our hot water or AC. All in all, had a great stay.Only bad part was leaving.So thank you Wellingtons. We certainly enjoyed our stay.Sincerely Sally & Larry

Room Tip: book a deluxe or superioe room. they are larger than the standards
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sallyp520

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff and that you had such a great time while you were here. Romeo is surely one of the best bartenders in Jamaica and we're blessed to have him as part of the team. The sea is usually very calm throughout the year but there are times when it does get a bit choppy, so it's great that you were able to enjoy the pool. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Excellent family run hotel,the wellington brothers go out of there way to make sure you enjoy your holiday, good value budget hotel for the money,nice clean rooms and very friendly staff who are always on hand with a smile.love the fact they supply beach towels and have plenty of sun loungers,if you want any trips to we highly recommend YS falls and black river it's a lot less touristy than dunns river and very beautiful,there is a driver who works outside the hotel called Balvin Whyte (ask any of the staff or beach boys they all know him) who will be happy to take you on any trips,lovely man and very reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clarketravellers

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay while you were here. I would definitely recommend YS falls for Mayfield falls, both of which are much closer than Dunns River Falls. We are happy to give recommendations and help arrange any tours that travelers may be interested in. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed here in august 2012 for a few days. When I got there the room I originally booked with two double beds (SUPERIOR) was not what I expected at all. I'm not a picky person but it was outdated and wasn't 100% clean. I upgraded Immediately after stepping into the first room. The room I stayed in (DELUXE) was pretty clean and I felt very comfortable. Housekeeping isn't great, they came really early in the morning and I asked them to give me a few mins to get out of bed and they never came back to at least take out the trash, they were kind enough to leave clean towels though! The swim up bar was NOT IN SERVICE, MAIN reason I chose to stay here. The staff at the front desk and the restaurant are very friendly. Would stay here again as long as the swim up bar is working! Great price also.Quick walk to the town

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Hi Tameka. Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize that the room you booked wasn't what you were expecting. There is no excuse for a room not being 100% clean. We've been doing a lot of work on all of our rooms. We are not at the final product yet but we are continually making improvements and aim to complete all upgrades relatively soon. We open the swim-up bar mainly during periods of high demand as most guests tend to prefer the beach and beach bar. I apologize for this inconvenience but if you ever find the pool bar unstaffed when you want to use it please let us know. We will ensure you get the service you are looking for. I'm glad you found the staff friendly and hope to see you again!