Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Last week, it was downright refreshing to try a semi-inclusive resort, for a change. This typically Jamaican hotel is not a huge marble palace, but you ARE treated like ROYALTY. Every single employee is so friendly & VERY service-oriented. Tips are most appreciated, but not expected.

After the top-notch service, their made-to-order meals rank up with the BEST in Negril, especially the moderately priced curried chicken, garlic shrimp, & red snapper. Our lodging included all breakfasts, which were chosen right off an extensive menu, & freshly cooked. It was always very pleasurable, to pass our wait time with that enchanting view of Negril Bay, & their fine coffee, teas, or wide variety of yummy drinks. Romeo blends the BEST pina colada in the whole Caribbean,- it's all about that Jamaican rum, the PINEAPPLE, & only a touch of coconut cream!

The deck restaurant is skirted by their shallow beachfront, so you feel like you're on a ship, hearing the waves lap & boats purr by. Hotel security make sure that local sellers don't annoy their sun-bathers or dining/bar customers. OF COURSE, the ocean swimming is beyond words!

Their colourful pool area is behind the restaurant, facing well-groomed lawns & gardens. These are flanked by their 60 rooms, of which none are seaview (but only steps from the beach). We enjoyed our cute porch (balconies upstairs), with ample deck table & folding chairs.....always a sunny greeting from staff or clients walking by. It really felt like FAMILY, in an idyllic setting!

Past the rooms are the spacious front lobby, admin offices, & supervised parking/road entry. I hope they will someday open a tiny shop in this area, for basics like snacks & shampoo......or at least have an ice machine, for drinks after the bar closes.

Kirk runs a busy dive program, with certification if that's your bag. Then there's Pool & Ping-Pong (cement table=FAST!), which are even lit up at night! We were both pampered at their small, reasonably priced spa......where a massage is NOT just a tickle, & nails are done to LAST.

Evening entertainment varied from 2 fun Karaoke nights, a Bonfire/Reggae night, a Meet the Wellingtons cocktail party, & their latest addition, a great Jazz/Blues group on Sat night. We truly enjoyed EVERYONE'S talent, & the relaxed atmosphere among tourists, regular locals, & staff.

The hotel is very central, near the bridge/traffic circle. We easily walked down a good stretch of the beach road, & up to the main grocery store in town,- so interesting! Unfortunately, we never made it to the cliffs, a short taxi-ride away. Next time!

Brady safely drove us a couple hours inland, stopping shortly at Mayfield Falls. Seeing more of the lush countryside & mixing with the local folks are what we now prefer, over hiding away in all-inclusive hotel. Travellers Beach Resort is very conducive to that sort of vacation, along with all the relaxing you may crave.
We'll definitely be back soon, to reunite with their amazing staff, & see the coming renovations.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank raving60
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thanks for your wonderfully in-depth review of Travellers. I'm delighted to know that you were treated like royalty during your stay. We take pride in creating that personal experience for our guests; aiming to ensure that everyone feels right at home when they visit our resort and Jamaica in general. I'm also happy to hear that you rank our food amongst the best in Negril. We try to offer a wide variety of both local and international dishes to satisfy different tastes.

Your suggestion for opening a small shop for basic items is a great idea that has been in discussion for sometime now. Hopefully on your next visit we'll have something in place to address that concern.

Thank you once again for your review and for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was my second trip to Negril, and this time I decided to try Travelers. I was told about the resort and the Wellington family on my first trip. They came highly recommended by locals I spoke with. I came in March 2013 and stayed for 7 amazing days and nights. The entire staff was so friendly and accommodating. This is by no means a 4 or 5 star resort, but I would give the staff 5 stars without hesitation. Perfectly situated along the beach, very close to town for any groceries you might need. Karaoke on Fridays and Sundays are a blast. Their breakfast is the best I've had on the beach. By the 2nd day I knew all the restuarant and bar staff by name and they knew mine. I was traveling alone, so it really made me feel at home. I already reserved a room for May. This is now my home away from home and the prefect place to unwind and let go of all the stresses from home and work. Can't wait to see you all in May!

Room Tip: Some second floor rooms have a really nice ocean view. Just ask at the front desk.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Jesse S
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thanks for your review Jesse and for choosing to stay here at Travellers for your second trip. I'm pleased to hear that you booked us because of recommendations by locals and that you enjoyed your stay. Our aim as always is to ensure everyone has an equally enjoyable experience. While we're not a 4 or 5 star resort we look to provide a 5 star experience through the personal service and genuine warmth and friendliness of the amazing staff we have here. I'm delighted to hear that you've already booked your next trip, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We landed at Travellers Beach Resort by accident because the hotel we booked nearby was not what we expected. We were so lucky to book a room last minute. The Travellers' staff, owners, and beautiful atmosphere set the tone for an unforgettable trip. Starting with the the owners (The Wellington's) who went above and beyond to ensure we made the most of our time, not only on the Resort, but also around Negril. Their recommendations helped us create a fun filled itinerary for our bachelorette trip which included snorkeling, yoga, horseback riding, waterfalls, cliff jumping, karaoke on the beach (which was so nice we did it twice), as well as an amazing nightclub adventure to celebrate our bride to be. These brothers are so cool and dedicated to each guest, they really made our trip extra special.

The Wellington's great vibes and friendliness trickle down to the staff who treated us like family from the time we checked in. The Travellers' staff was incredibly helpful and sweet. They got to know us well because we ate at the Resort restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner almost everyday of our trip. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced. The bar / restaurant was located right on the beach, so we could relax and lay out in the sun, knowing a cool drink or a delicious snack was only a few feet away.

The beautiful resort was the perfect backdrop for our stay. From the beach to the pool, to the lovely rooms and the wonderful staff, everything exceeded our expectations leaving us free to enjoy our trip. We are four women who live in New York City and none of us had a complaint when we checked out, except that we were leaving. We woke up everyday excited to be in Jamaica and so happy that we accidentally stumbled upon Travellers Beach resort. I recommend this Resort without reservation!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Santi_Fields

Thanks for your great review. I'm happy to know that although you landed at Travellers by accident we were able to help provide a great experience for you all. It was really a pleasure to have you all here for your groups bachelorette trip. It sounds like you got to experience quite a bit in the time you were here. I'm pleased that you found the staff and food to be amazing. I'll be sure to share this with the team. Thanks for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

My friends and I been staying and Travellers for a long time. The owners and staff are just super, friendly and are always there if you need anything. Rooms are always clean and smell of clean. Has beautiful courtyard and swimming pool with a waterfall. The restaurant/bar is right on the beach, great atmosphere for dining and joying your favorite beverage. They have entertainment on weekends. Food there is excellant. If you want to go to town it is a 15 min walk. Security is great there. Just a great place to stay, I will be back in 2014.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank strabe
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thanks for your continued support over the years and for always choosing Travellers each time you visit Jamaica. We appreciate you taking the time out to write about your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoy the food and entertainment that we now have in place. Since the start of the year we've added a Jazz night, a bonfire, and managers cocktail. This is in addition to our karaoke on Fridays and Sundays which has been a real hit amongst our guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

My wife and I just stayed 2 weeks at Travellers and had our best trip yet. From the personel service of Trevor and Eddie taking us around their beautiful island, to Romeo, who makes the best drinks in Jamaica and my good friends Kurt and Pinky at Sundivers Dive shop, who took their time and introduced us to the wonderful world of scuba. The hotel is great, but its the people that make it special. Thanks to you all from Carla and Tim. We will be back soon !

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tim a
prestontbr, Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Hello Carla and Tim, it was a pleasure having you both. Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I couldn't agree with you more, it certainly is the wonderful staff here that make Travellers special. We are fortunate to have some really great people that add tremendous value to the guest experience. The dive shop has been a great addition to the services that we offer here; i'm glad you enjoyed your experience. See you soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We purchased our getaway on Groupon. Traveller's Beach Resort was running a special and after reading ALL the positive reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to book our getaway... Traveller's is located on the world famous 7 mile white sand beach of Negril Jamaica. This family owned establishment offered us exactly what we were looking for.. relaxation, great entertainment, fantastic food and a wonderfull staff!!! I work for an airline and have travelled to many caribbean destinations... Traveller's has definitely made the top of our list as a resort we will definitely visit again.... Say "HI" to Winfield when you decide to book - you definitely won't be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank amon0124

Thanks for your review! It's good to know that you were happy with the Groupon deal that we ran. I'm glad the reviews here helped you to make your decision about staying with us. We are fortunate to have some great staff here that truly help make the guest experience an enjoyable one. I'm delighted that we made the top of your list of resorts you'll visit again. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

This year as I was deciding where to go on vacation, I thought back to my last trip to Jamaica and I remember it was unforgettable!!!!!!!!! The main reason why it was unforgettable was because of my stay at Travellers Beach Resort. When I am at Travellers, not only do I feel like I'm at home but also feel like I am being treated as an unique traveler! The staff is very welcoming and friendly! The Wellington's brothers make sure that they get to know each of their guest ( make sure you go to Wednesday cocktail party at hotel lobby ). The location of this hotel is the perfect spot because it is close to everything.. it is pretty much walking distance if you want to try out different restaurants by the beach. BY THE WAY, speaking about restaurants, the restaurant at TRAVELLERS is slammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmming!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure to order lobster or escovitch fish .... speaking of these dishes just makes my mouth water!!! YUM YUM YUM!!! Anddddddddddddddd can't forget about the drinks.... WHAT?!!!!! Can't go wrong with any drink that Romeo makes! Karaoke night is on Friday and Sunday at the hotel, so if you are too "shy" to sing in front of a crowd, make sure you have some of the Romeo's drinks AND it'll do you good because it can sure turn your whole karaoke night into a whole lot of fun! Aside from the great hospitality and the entertainment that the hotel provides, their room are very clean and comfortable as well! I guaranteed you that YOU won't regret your stay at Travellers because of the price, attention, and the amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing customer service/hospitality! There's just no other hotel like Travellers!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gloria L

Thanks for your spirited review Gloria and for choosing Travellers once again. It's great to read about how much you enjoyed both of your visits to Jamaica and our resort. We certainly do our best to treat everyone as a part of the Travellers Beach family so i'm pleased that we made you feel at home. We are blessed to have a great location that is indeed within walking distance of other great restaurants in the area as well as access to shopping and night life.

Romeo I must say, is one of the best bartenders in Negril and we're happy to have him as part of our team. Thanks again for your review and for the great recommendations you made for other travelers. Hopefully this will continue to be an annual trip for you. See you next year!