“Travellers Negril”

Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Vancouver, Canada
“Travellers Negril”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed in mid December with family (in Negril for the Reggae Marathon weekend, which is a great community event with marathon, half marathon and 10k, good fun apart from the 5.15am start) Obtained a very reasonable rate online and the room was modest but very comfortable. The hotel is unpretentious, right on the beach with a nice pool and restaurant bar overlooking the beach. Food was reasonably priced, fresh local seafood and well presented. Not normally a karaoke fan but this being Jamaica there were some pretty good singers and made for an entertaining evening. Staff were efficient, the place was full so they were busy and the security guy on the beach was very laid back but doing a good job. Lots of Jamaicans staying at the hotel as well which we liked. Location is good as you can easily stroll down to the commercial area/ATM etc.
Good value. Recommended.

1 Thank tim n
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Tim so nice to read your review. Reggae Marathon is a fun time for all of us and we are glad we were able to share it with you. Look forward to your next visit - this year's Marathon in early December is already in the planning stages.
Best wishes from the team at Travellers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NJ
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed here a few nights not by choice in the new years . This was a last minute decision as everything was fully booked in Negril. I booked two rooms and gave my family the better room and took a cabin. The rooms are ok .The pool is beautiful. The spa is only by appointment. The best thing about my stay was the managerial party they had . This is done each wednesday and you get to meet the staff . The music was the highlight of the managerial party , they had a wonderful painist playing and singing . I had a young employee introduced himself to me and he was very nice and friendly and i did express to him that they need to train the dinning team especially those two ladies that are servers. The ladies at the front desk are friendly but not quite informative, both day and night staff . When you stay at hotels on the beach i expect the front desk staff to be able to tell you about events and pretty much have basic information about the town on hand . They were clueless. The dinning team is very unfriendly , if you ask a question about the menu its as if you are being a bother to the servers . My daughter and niece complained to me two days about the same servers , so we decided we would not eat at the restaurant. The bartender is not friendly as most bartenders are in negril( i think its due to the fact that ppl constantly have to see him for beach towels and he constantly have to be the bearer of bad news ) . I think this hotel has more than 30 rooms and probably 10 beach towels , its unbelievable. Beach chairs get filled quickly . I counted them each day and its less than 10. Bottom line is you pay for what you get here ...so read all reviews and make your decision.

Room Tip: cabin is worth it if you do not care for AC and are a No-Frills traveller .
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KKite
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
While the majority of our reviews are positive we know that from time to time we will fail to meet guest expectations and must acknowledge that. I can assure you your review was shared with the team as it is important we share both positive and negative comments. All feedback is valuable. If we failed to meet your expectations we do apologise, we have addressed some of the issues to which you refer (more towels and beach chairs for example) and as we continue to improve the physical property we will also work on our human resource, always the most important component of any successful service oriented company.
We would like you to give us another opportunity to make it better.....
The Travellers Team
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed at Travellers for New Years 2013. It is a small family run hotel. The hotel is quite run down - some rooms supposedly renovated. Our room was not and hardly any water came out of the shower head.

Forget about the advertised gym.

On the positive side - the room was clean, bed comfy and the access to the beach was good.
Food was reasonable priced.

Expect a bit of noise from parties down the road.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Chris, thank you for your review of your stay. We are sorry that you felt the property was run down. We are indeed renovating all our rooms. I wish I had had an opportunity to meet with you. We do have water pressure issues from time to time but usually we can solve the problem fairly quickly. I do hope you will stay with us again - we promise you the best of attention.
Best wishes for 2014 from the Travellers family
Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My family and I took a last minute Christmas Getaway vacation to this resort. As avid,global trotters who have vacationed in an array of resorts ranging from the top end 5 stars to the lower end, we were delightfully pleased with this family run resort. Customer service was impeccable.Everyone including owner, managers, restaurant staff and the front desk staff in particular, made us feel like we were part of a family. This was our first time vacationing in Negril and we had a superb experience. Thanks Traevllers for making our Christmas a memorable one.

Room Tip: Suites facing the garden path leading to the ocean are more comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Doug; we are delighted to receive your review. In the hotel business there is nothing more rewarding than knowing we made your family Christmas and your stay in Jamaica a memorable one. It is important for our team to read comments such as yours. They work hard to take care of our guests. We do hope we can host you again in the not too distant future.
Hurry home!
Best wishes from the Travellers framily
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed 6 nights at the Travellers' beach resort and we loved it!
It is far from all the big touristic resorts, it is quiet and restful, people are very friendly giving a family atmosphere to the resort, the beach and the sea are so beautiful, the food is affordable and amazing, the rooms are clean and the beds so comfortable. There are a few evening animations but not too loud... The hotel is very well located since you can walked to Negril downtown.
Yes, the rooms need a little of renovation and a fridge... but we did not care since the price is so attractive and fit our budget.
For sure, we will go back!

1 Thank Cecile_Brosius
Cecile our first review for 2014 and you gave us five "bubbles" as the Trip Advisor people would say! Thank you so much. As my New Years resolution I have decided to take over the responses on Trip Advisor and answer them myself. Let's see how I do! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and gave full marks to the room and the food and the proximity to the town which so many guests seem to really like. For the record our deluxe rooms and our suites come with a fridge as do the rooms with kitchenettes. In the other rooms a fridge can be rented for US$5 per day. Sorry if we did not mention or offer that to you. My weather page tells me that Ottawa is a little chilly right now - time to book another vacation I think and hurry home to the Travellers family......again our thanks for your kind words.
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Travellers Resort is a nice little hotel right on the beach in Negril. It is getting updates all the time. The restaurant is top notch and the price is right. Overnight can usually be had for about $40. a piece. My only regret is that after being there 3 or 4 times in just a few months the front desk is still never very friendly. They don't recognize us and even though we asked about setting up some teams there they never hooked us up with the owner or manager. But that is pretty much Jamaica.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I realise my response is rather late; your review is actually the last one for 2013. I have recently taken over responding to our trip advisor comments and was reading some older comments. Yours I feel needs a more one-on-one response as I am concerned that you did not get to meet any of our management team during your stay. Please feel free to contact me on howard@tbresorts.com.
Regards,
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This was my first time visiting Travellers and ooo mennnnnn!! Talk about hospitality to the fullest. I have never seen a place where all the staff members have this great openhearted smile on their face--- everyday!!!!. This is important because it definitely did set the welcoming and enjoyable foundation for my trip. I can go on and on writing a best seller book about this place, but I will summarize it real quick by saying this… I CAME TO TRAVELERS BEACH RESORT INTENDING TO STAY FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND BECAUSE OF THE AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN VIBES, GREAT FOOD, GREAT ROOMS, EXCELLENT BAR TENDING, etc, etc, etc…I END UP STAYING FOR A MONTH…..and guess what? I’m planning on returning there in about 2.5 weeks.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
All of us at Travellers were delighted to read your review all the way from Germany. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope we will see you again. Best wishes from the team at Travellers.