“My First Visit to Negril, Jamaica”

Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Vine Grove, Kentucky
“My First Visit to Negril, Jamaica”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The Staff, Services, Security was all Exceptional......I got in late in the evening, the staff was waiting on my arrival, knew my name and then my Vacation Started. My new Jamaican family at Travelers Resort was nothing less than Stellar Stewards to me.....I always had one or more of the staff ensuring my safety at all times.....No harrasment from locals outside the resort, I slept with my windows open and security was always there.....Clean Clean Room.....Food was execellent every morning.....I'm in Love with Akee now.....The No Limit Tours Driver "Eddie was Awesome too" Thank you for Checking off one of my Bucket List Places to go......only problem is I will come back....This was not a one time trip.....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kimberly H
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Kimberly thank you so much for your review of our resort and our town. Your recognition of Travellers staff and Eddie is really appreciated. We look forward to your early return when we can say "Welcome Home".
Best wishes from the Travellers family...........

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had an awesome time! This was our 11th trip to Jamaica. The staff and management went above and beyond. I've never stayed at a resort where you see the managers out talking with people ALL THE TIME! We felt appreciated, safe, and like family. The rooms could use updates but they were working on it. We only slept there anyway! I want to especially thank Howard for his concern on a small issue and wonderful follow up phone call!! See you next year!

• Stayed January 2014
What can I say to anyone who titles their review "perfect" except of course "thank you". I enjoyed the time we spent talking and getting to know you both and your charming daughter. We know we will see you again soon.
Take care and stay warm,
Howard (General Manager)
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at Travellers Beach Resort for 3 short days January 2 thru January 4, 2014 and it was a beautiful visit. I have been travelling to Jamaica every 3 - 4 months for the past 11 years and this was my first time in Negril. The staff was 5 star. The hotel was a blessing. I stayed in a cottage and it was perfect for me. Was able to walk out and about and was never troubled at all. Beach was great, pool was great and the people are very friendly. Looking forward to going back in March (soon forward luv's)...... Ask away if you have any questions as I practically live there.

Room Tip: I usually prefer a kitchen since I enjoy cooking however the hotels were all booked so I took a cabi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joy D
Joy we are delighted you enjoyed your short stay with us and even more so that you are returning in March. Many of our guests favour our cottages (bungalows) which provide a comfortable timber room with basic amenities (no air conditioning I must add here) with hot water, fan, cable tv, kitchenettes in some and at a great price. We pride ourselves in providing a secure environment. Over the years many have discovered Negril and return over and over again. In fact the bungalows often have repeater guests sometimes staying for several weeks - now that is family!
Hurry home, The Travellers Team is waiting to host you!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We bought a groupon deal for staying here and are very glad we did. We were very satisfied with our deluxe room. Not fancy, but very nice and clean. When we arrived at the hotel after an hour's drive, they gave us glasses of cold, delicious fruit punch and cold, wet wash clothes to cool off. Much needed as we were a bit overheated and tired from travel. Every single person we encountered at the resort was very friendly and willing to help in any way. We were always going to the front desk asking questions and they were always happy to provide information, tips, and recommendations with a smile. Our groupon included breakfast at the hotel each morning, which was great. They had a buffet with traditional and non-traditional foods for all appetites. Gorgeous view of the beach just sitting at the restaurant deck. We ate a buffet dinner at the resort restaurant and one other meal. Very happy with the food. Great location because it is right on the Seven Mile Beach as well as walking distance to the craft market and downtown Negril. We walked into town almost everyday to buy souvenirs, snacks, and dine at some very local places. The resort is great, but I highly recommend leaving to truly experience the culture. The front desk encouraged us to go into town as well. We were extremely happy to learn that Traveller's is Jamaican-owned, which means the money spent here is going to stay in Jamaica (not leave to a foreign invested in a rich and first-world country). Maybe the only complaint was the shower water - not a ton of water came out, even though the pressure seemed to be high. Also we talked to the front desk about going to Mayfield Falls and we were told we COULD bring a swimming suit...not that we were going to get entirely soaked. Wish they would have prepared us more for that. Other than that, we definitely recommend Traveller's and thank them for our amazing first trip to Jamaica!

Room Tip: 2nd floor room with our balcony looking out toward the ocean - great view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carrisa B
Carrisa, thank you for your very detailed review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed Travellers and the room, food and staff. It is also great to hear that you explored and got to see the Negril township, Mayfield Falls etc. While we have the most amazing beach we know there are so many other exciting things to do and see in Jamaica. Hope we can host you again very soon at Travellers Beach Resort.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here in April 2013, and all in all it was a great stay. They frequently have Living Social deals, which I purchased. I literally stayed 8 nights for $418, and it included free breakfast. Crazy!

The location of the hotel is perfect. Right on the beach, and within walking distance to everything you need. I didn't have a car during my stay, and I only used a taxi once to go to the grocery store, which was only 100J, but I also walked there, too. There are bars, shops, food stands, etc. all along the strip. The beach itself is beautiful, but beach area is quite small. It didn't bother me any, because to me, a beach is a beach! I never had a problem getting a beach chair or towels (free of charge.) Since I was a solo female traveler, I did get a lot of vendors/locals coming up to me trying to sell me stuff/"party with them", but the hotel staff did their best to try to keep them at bay. I also enjoyed hanging out by the pool, and there was rarely anyone there. While I appreciate the staff's concern and understand the reasoning behind it, it was a little strange that they had a lifeguard on duty if I actually went in the pool. It just made things a little awkward having someone watch me by myself in the pool. Again, I totally don't blame them for it.

The room I stayed in was awesome! Two queen beds, great AC, super clean. Housekeeping came every day. Not much to say, other than it was a great. I even had a few cats come visit me during my stay, and they were super cute.

The one thing I didn't enjoy here, which by no means was a deal breaker, was the breakfast. As other people have mentioned, the breakfast staff isn't too friendly. I had no idea how breakfast worked since it was included in my stay, and I kind of felt like I was a bother to them. The few times I did eat there in the morning, it was just ok. I also ate dinner there on my first night, and it was sloooooow. I understand everything is slow in Jamaica, but I waited over an hour for an alfredo dish. It wasn't great, but I was so hungry at that point that I ate it with no complaints.

Other than the breakfast staff/bar staff, everyone else at the hotel was wonderful. The cleaning crew was always friendly and never walked by without a "hello". Same with the groundskeepers. The girls at the front desk were awesome, especially Marian. She was super funny and sweet. I liked how the management was always there if you needed them, but they also were unobtrusive.

If you're looking to stay on the beach and have a no frills vacation, this is definitely the place to day. You honestly cannot beat the price.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Katie Z
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Katie thank you so much for your review. We love to hear how we performed even if it is quite a while afterwards. All feedback is valuable. You certainly enjoyed all that Negril has to offer and indeed our proximity to the town is a big plus with our guests who want to explore and walk around while doing some shopping or trying one of our local restaurants and bars. Your comments re breakfast are noted and I can assure you we have come a long way in that regard. Hope we see you again very soon.
Best wishes from the entire Travellers family.
PS I just checked the weather in Pittsburgh - think you need to go on line or head for your favourite travel agent to book a vacation in the sun, although we only reached 82 degrees today!!!! :-)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My friends and I stayed at the resort for 2 weeks in mid December. Customer service was excellent. All of the staff welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and modern. The hotel is within easy access to shops and other amenities this is great for those that want to venture beyond the resort.

My friend and myself are both wheelchair users. While we noted that the hotel does not claim to be wheelchair accessible attempts were made to create level access to our room and the restaurant area. It is also worth noting that most of the amenities outside the resort can be accessed by a wheelchair user so you will be stuck to the resort.

Thanks to all the staff at Travellers for a great experience (just to mention a few names: Kadina, and Howard)

Michelle, Saadia and Nancy

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle D
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Michelle so good to hear from you and to see your review on Trip Advisor. We all have fond memories of your stay with us. While as you say we do not claim to be wheelchair accessible we are glad that you were able to move around fairly easily and I recall our conversation re possible enhancements for wheelchair bound guests. Hope to see you back home at Travellers very soon.
Regards,
Howard and the team
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Seriously, they were soooo nice and accommodating. If you wanted the default full service resort experience, they were at your service for every need, but even better if you wanted them to help you navigate and enjoy the cultural aspects of the area, they let you know how to do it. It's really about the people, and they had great staff that did everything in their power to grant your desires, not to mention the beautiful location of the resort. When I first walked in I was worried what would be on the other side, but when I made it to the bar/restaurant right on the beach, I was in a different world, with a boat docked right there to take me to the coral reef, and miles of beach to walk. BTW softest/cleanest water I've been in.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ahmad thank you for taking the time to write about your time with us here. While of course we always are happy to hear our guests have enjoyed our property we also are delighted when we hear that you have enjoyed the culture and the island. Jamaica has so much to offer. Hurry home!
Thanks again from the Travellers family