Travellers Beach Resort
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
US$288
Great 4.5/5
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$152
Very Good 4/5
US$279
US$216
Excellent 5/5
US$166
US$148
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
1,228 results
All reviewswellington familykaraoke nightclose to townsuperior roomcoconut shrimppool partythe security guardhome away from homejamaican breakfastswim up barrestaurant staffthe entire staffgift shopwater pressurewest endnightly entertainmentrum punch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Loved this resort! Was a little wary when we pulled in, the front appeared a bit dated when we pulled in. We were pleasantly surprised upon entering the lobby. Beautiful spacious lobby with very friendly front desk staff. As we entered garden area to go to room I was impressed with the lovely well kept landscaping. Though our room was a bit dated it was very clean. Beds were not very comfortable, but ok. Bathroom was the biggest let down. Old cabinets, no electric outlet to use a hair dryer and there wasn't one in room. There was only one electric outlet in sleeping area and only one socket worked the bedside lamp was plugged into an extension cord which was a concern because the only outlet was not near the bed. Bathtub was badly stained, ok to shower but not to bathe. The pool area was great, clean, pretty, and had a bar in the pool. The restaurant was beach front which was great but the food I felt could have been better. My biggest complaint was that security did nothing to keep the vendors away from you. I was constantly approached by people looking to sell stuff, and these people are relentless they won't take no for an answer.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has ocean views. Rooms closer to lobby are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your kind review and our catchy headline of "an unexpected delight"; we were rather taken with that description! All of the Travellers family are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We share your opinion re your bathroom, I can tell you that we have now renovated over half of our rooms and will be starting again once the busy winter season is over. We will also use your observations to reinforce with our security team the need for constant vigilance. I hope we will be able to host you again in the near future.
Best wishes from the Travellers family..........

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at Travellers from 8 Feb for 7 nights. Second year in a row and definitely will be back again next year. I could recognize vast improvements to the quality of rooms from the previous year. I made some polite suggestions to improve the resort and to my surprise I saw many of them in place this year!! If you had an issue with a room and made the staff aware they were right on it to correct it. The location can not be beat, the food is excellent, and the staff front desk, bar, restaurant, maintenance and housekeeping are outstanding. You can tell management takes pride in the upkeep of the facility, continue to make improvements, and go out of their way to make your trip is an enjoyable one. All I can say is keep up the good work and why would I want to stay anywhere else but here in Negril.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Mike thank you for your kind comments. We always say at Travellers we are a permanent "work in progress". We continue to upgrade and will probably never finish. Even since you left you would now see a couple of changes. We are a family owned business and we know there are so many other resorts for guests to choose from. By listening to our guests we can determine what they feel is important to their stay and if it seems practical and affordable we can implement these suggestions. Thank you for complimenting our team members; we know our staff always make the difference and try hard to ensure guests have a great time with us. We look forward to hosting you again next year or maybe sooner. I did note it is 42 degrees today in Oklahoma! (Hint)
Best wishes from the Travellers team........

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We are a family of 6 who stayed in 2 rooms. We have only stayed at all inclusive hotels and were We are a family with 4 young adults (18-23) who stayed in 2 rooms at Travellers Beach. We have only stayed at all inclusive hotels and were leery about staying in a private out of country hotel. Knowing that Negril Educational Environment Trust founder, Winston Wellington, owned Travellers gave us peace of mind that the hotel would be safe for our family. Upon our arrival, the manager, Howard, made a point to greet us and truly encouraged us to let him know of any way our visit could be improved. When we met the humble Winston, we knew we had a home away from home. We had plans of going on tours and visiting attractions. We stayed a week and only ventured out of the resort area twice. Even our adventurous dining locations soon changed, as the restaurant had such great variety and flavour that we didn’t want to leave without trying all of the dishes. Superb and pleasant service from Kadinia, Leroy, Marcella, Patrick, Christopher, Renice, Anthony and all of the staff soon turned into friendship. Karaokes, Jamaican Night, the pool with the swim up bar and Wednesday Cocktail hour were events which encouraged us to mingle with other guests. We came to Travellers because of price and security – we will return because of the relationships and atmosphere. Thanks again and much respect to each of you! leery about staying in a private out of country hotel. Knowing that Negril Educational Environment Trust founder, Winston Wellington, owned Travellers gave us peace of mind that the hotel would be safe

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you so much for your detailed review. I much enjoyed the chance to meet with you. Our Travellers family continues to grow year after year and we know that to many we are so much more than a hotel. The Negril Educational Environment Trust and the Negril International Hospital initiative are part of the vision of of our founder, Winston Wellington. We will never lose sight of our goal to ensure every child has an education and is computer literate, the hospital will be Winston's legacy to the town of Negril. We hope we can welcome you back to your Jamaican home very soon. Thank you for acknowledging our team members who truly appreciate your taking the time to thank them. Letters such as yours are a tremendous morale-booster for the team. Our best wishes until we see you again.....................

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed at Travellers in January 2013 and were thoroughly impressed. We did not stay there in January 2014 as we stayed with friends at their condo just next door. We did, though, have dinner several times there and went almost every night for a nightcap. Romeo, the bartender, is awesome! The girls (whom I am tragically at a loss for their names right now), remembered us from the year before and gave us hugs!!! That made our vacation!!! The entire staff and management are sooo warm and friendly! There is entertainment almost nightly, which is fantastic as it is right on the beach!! Does not get better than that!! The only disappointment was leaving and having to wait until next year to visit again. Go to Travellers, it is an excellent place!!!!! Much love!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review us. While of course we would prefer you to stay with us at Travellers we know that many of our restaurant and bar patrons are staying elsewhere in Negril. So it is a real compliment when a guest makes a choice to walk along the beach, take a taxi etc. to come and spend time with us. We look forward to next January (or maybe sooner!!??) when we can host you again.

Thank you from the entire Travellers Team for choosing us.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here in February of 2013 and had a lot of fun with a friend but the room was absolutely depressing. The location is perfect. Right in the 7 mile beach and close to Alfred's, Margaritaville etc... Really enjoyed the open mic nights. The hosts were a lot of fun... Sorry.. Forgot the lovely young lady's name... The room was dark and depressing. It was one of the 1st rooms when you walk out of the lobby into the yard on the right. It was behind a tree where a family of cats lived..6+... No joke... Sometimes at nights I was awakened by them fighting and I have had to chase them off the veranda... And the thing that really got me was that there was a leak in the bathroom that I could not figure out for the life of me where it was coming from but it kept the bathroom floor wet and we would put towels down to catch the water but they would get soaked which made it even more disgusting. Left a really bad image of the hotel. I told one of the room attendant about the leak but the seemed to just dry it up and it would get wet again. Beach was good... Drinks and food was ok and inexpensive... I will definitely be back for the entertainment but not to stay.

Room Tip: Try to book an ocean view room upstairs. They seem to be much lighter but are few.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Souloaded
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for your review and while we appreciate your kind comments re the resort we are disappointed that you did not like your room. Am not sure if you requested a room change but with running full every night that may have been difficult to do. Nevertheless I wish I had had the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here with us. I would love for you to give us another chance and I am sure I can find you a room to your liking. Please let me know if you are this way again or planning another trip.
Again our apologies from all the Travellers team.
PS The cats will be evicted, unfortunately some of our guests spoil them (!) and we will investigate the leak thoroughly.