“Wonderful Stay in Negril, Jamaica”

Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful Stay in Negril, Jamaica”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My stay at the Travellers Beach Resort in Negril was an experience of a lifetime. The beautiful location, breathtaking ocean view, cordial staff, and most of all, the menu which offers first-class authentic Jamaican cuisine, places this resort on my list of one of the finest destinations available on the island of Jamaica.

Travellers offers one of the most extensive, highly rated, yet affordable menu containing world-renown Jamaican classics such as Jerk, Brown Stew, and Curry Chicken; Rice and Peas, and Sweet Fried Plaintain; and of course the famous Jamaican national dish, Ackee and Saltfish. Travellers also offers Classic American dishes for those who are slightly less adventurous.

Your next visit to Negril will not be complete without experiencing the excellent hotel accommodations and exquisite menu selections offered by the Travellers Beach Resort. I highly recommend this resort destination as one of the finest places to visit while experiencing the Paradise Island of Jamaica!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank AprilMichele
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
We so much enjoyed reading your detailed review and your description of our menus, particularly the Jamaican items. Our Food and Beverage team will be delighted to hear your comments. I do hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Best wishes from the Travellers culinary crew and the entire family.................

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
scranton
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I must say that I would highly recomnend this resort. The service was spectacular wit a great view & scenery as well as being very clean & spacious....definitely 5 star quality....me my friends & family all cant wait 2 come back & visit !!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank staceylee1352
Stacey; thank you so much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to your next visit and to spending time again with you and your friends. As soon as it turns a little chilly in Scranton (or even sooner!) we will be right here by the Caribbean Sea looking out for you guys and with your favourite cocktail all ready...........

Best wishes from the Travellers family
Minneapolis
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was so impressed! This family run business is handled with care. Efforts are made to train and reinvest to make this place special. I've been to Negril several times and I would stay here again. Great management and staff. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we do appreciate your taking the time to review our property. We are a family owned and operated property and we always believe our guests are a part of our family. We hope we will be able to welcome you home again very soon.
Best wishes from the Travellers family......
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2014

If you are looking for extreme relaxation coupled with courteous and dedicated staff whose goal is to give you an affordable, wonderful, pleasurable, distinctive, and remarkable experience then Travellers Beach Resort is definitely the place to be. The location and view directly on 7 mile beach is absolutely breathtaking. This place is simply amazing . I was captivated by the wonderful staff who not only cater to you but become your friends. They ensure that you not only have the best time ever at their resort but in Jamaica in itself. I would recommend this resort to anyone and everyone. Book this resort...you will have an amazing, unforgettable experience and one that is clearly affordable. Everything about this place leaves a lasting impression on you. You feel right at home as you enter this resort. The facilities are extremely clean and well-maintained. The food and dining is superb. The atmosphere is quite inviting and the food is extremely delicious, fresh,plentiful, and filling along with great service. This resort provided me with a wonderful experience and a perfect place to relax and enjoy the beautiful 7 mile beach. The majority of people that we met with and spoke with while on the resort are all repeat customers which says a lot about this resort. We will be too for sure!!! We can't wait to return to this amazing resort!!!! The overall ambiance and atmosphere of this resort along with fantastic service exceeded my expectations in every way and is remarkably outstanding !!! I can see why many customers return back. Special thanks to management for the wonderful dedication to ensure this was a wonderful and memorable trip. They truly went out of their way to make this trip enjoyable!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Kareese we loved your review, so expressive and detailed. We are delighted to hear we met your expectations and we are very appreciative of your kind comments re our staff. They are what makes us the resort of choice for so many returning guests. We will be sure to pass on your comments to our team. Hurry Home!
Best wishes from the Travellers family...............
Pine Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing!!! The staff was very nice and professional. I must say I was very impressed by the cleanliness. Not many hotels in Jamaica are well kept. My husband and I would definetly stay there again!!!! Great experience overall.

Ashley M.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ashley;
We are very taken with your title of "Jamaican Bliss". Don't be surprised if you see it in our advertising material! We are delighted to hear you and your husband enjoyed your time with us, we certainly enjoyed hosting you. Hope to see you again very soon.
Best wishes,
Seaford, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first trip to Jamaica and my first trip to Travellers, but it definitely will not be my last! I've traveled to lots of different places and stayed at really nice, expensive resorts and all-inclusives and this is one of my top places I've stayed at to date. If you're looking for a high-end, hoity-toity resort, this isn't it, but what you will get here is a sense that you're at a home away from home. Everyone that works for the resort is friendly and welcoming and some of the nicest people I've ever met. Not only did my friend and I make friends with the other people staying at Travellers but we also made friends with the people working there. The Wellington's are really great, friendly people and they definitely know how to run their hotel.

The rooms are nice and clean. We had a minor problem with the toilet (it wouldn't stop running) when we first arrived but it was fixed shortly after we told the front desk. We also had a small problem with our air conditioner, but that was our fault (we left it on too long so it froze, whoops, sorry!) but that was also fixed within 10 mins of bringing it up to the front desk. The only thing that was a little inconvenient about the room is that there's no phone in the room, so if you need something from the front desk you have to go to the lobby. Other than that, the beds are comfortable, the air conditioner kept the room nice and cool, the bathroom was clean (which for me is always important anywhere I stay), and the balcony was really nice to have to hang out on in the evenings.

You have a beautiful view of the water at the restaurant on the premises. The food was very good. I had the grilled fish for my first meal there and the pineapple chutney that came with it was amazing. My friend had the jerk chicken (because, Jamaica) which was also really great. We/they had a lot of different seafood dishes which is typical for most beach destinations and they were all very good. I never had a meal there that I didn't like. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. They made great food recommendations at dinner and were always quick to fill up your coffee and water at breakfast.

Their beach area is well maintained, there were plenty of chairs for people to lounge on.

I think the true testament to how great this resort is how they handled the black out. The last night of our trip there was a black out in Negril from about 4pm to 9:30pm. It was Friday and was supposed to be karaoke night. Despite the fact that there was no power, people headed down to the bar. Drinks still flowed, food was still served, the staff kept things business as usual, to the best of their ability given the circumstances. My friend and I, and a couple other guests provided a cappella karaoke for everyone down at the bar, and everyone was laughing and having a great time.

I would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone going to Negril! I can't wait to go back!

P.S. Also check out the Chinese food restaurant next door, Kenney's, it's pretty awesome Chinese food, and I'm a New Yorker so that's saying a lot! Ask for the homemade sweet and sour sauce and put it on everything.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Brooke thank you for your wonderful detailed review, we feel very special in that you took so much time and effort to tell the world about Travellers. We are a family owned property and over the years our guests have become a part of our family with so many discovering us and then returning over and over again. We try hard to offer a genuine Jamaican experience where our guests feel comfortable and secure so they can return to their busy lives relaxed and rejuvenated. Negril is the capital of casual and guests come from far and wide as well from right here in Jamaica to spend time with us. We really hope you will come back and see us, there are some great deals out there at the moment (Hint!).

One love from the Travellers family...............
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Travellers had the charm we were hoping for and so much more! The staff was A+ in every way, the facilities are well maintained, the restaurant was excellent, and the "extras" (manager's welcome night, Jamaican buffet night, assisting with transportation and boating to snorkeling) just added so much value to our experience at Travellers. We also recommend Andre's Taxi Service! What a delightful place for a vacation-Thank you Travellers!

Room Tip: our room was near pool, really convenient