“Excellent”

Travellers Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My Family and I stayed here here in June and it was amazing. The room was clean and food was amazing. Everyone there is so friendly and helpful. Next time I am in Negril this is where I am staying!!!!

1  Thank Cheyenne H
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Of course any review that has a heading of "Excellent" and gave us five "bubbles" always makes our day. Our team are very appreciative when guests take their time to review us. Look forward to seeing you and the family again real soon Cheyenne. Best wishes......

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at Travellers June 24-27 with my aunt and 2 boys (7 & 10 years old) with a LivingSocial deal of the century. I am Jamaican born living in the U.S. for the last 29 years and have only been to Negril two times for day trips. This was the first time staying on this side of the island. I had a trip planned to the island and knew I wanted to stay in Negril and saw the deal, bought it and there you have it. I had a room with two double beds, bathroom, cable tv and a verandah which we enjoyed (the room didn’t have a phone so I had to use my cell to call the front desk for towels and an iron). I was happy to see the windows had screens on them. The bathroom did the job but was small and not that efficient. I wanted a room with a fridge but upon check in there were none available and never heard back from the front desk in the days after, so we went without. We spent 2 days on the beach which is gorgeous and enjoyed the breakfast that was included in the deal. We ate lunch and dinner off site. We had a car so it was easy to get around. Enjoyed drinks at the bar during the day. Which were good. Would have liked bigger plastic cups. But I do have to say Romeo made me the best pina colada the last evening. Two of those put me on the floor. The staff was fairly pleasant and the grounds were kept in good order. They had a managers cocktail hour one evening and we ate some appetizers and drank rum punch. For the price and what we needed it for (spending most of the time out of the room) it did the trick and I would stay there again if I go back to Negril.

1  Thank KGBridgeport
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We are glad you chose Travellers and will stay with us again when you are next in Negril. I am sorry to hear the front desk did not get back to you re the fridge, our management team is here to assist and I feel sure if you had brought this to me or one of the team's attention we would have quickly assisted you. Nevertheless we do apologise. I hope we will be able to welcome you home in the near future.
Best wishes from the Travellers family.......

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have just ended our trip with travelers and everything was just amazing ! We got an awesome deal through groupon and boy are we so glad! It's an absolutely beautiful resort and lovely staff. Sheena at the front desk was so helpful in our planning our dolphin excursion. The food was delicious as you overlook the 7 mile beach. Absolutely no complaints. You can walk down the beach to the souvenir shops as you will get the total Jamaican experience. we recommend the driver Trevor who is so great, we used him the whole time. He brought us to the hotel, the dolphin excursion and to ricks cafe and back to the airport. He tells you about all of the towns along the way. We are so thankful we met him. We will definitely be back to Jamaica and will always room with travelers. Negril is a beautiful and laid back place. This is not good bye but see you later Jamaica! Erin & Mark

Room Tip: We were in room 19 and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin C

Errin and Mark how nice to hear from you! Thank you for our five bubbles review, we are delighted to hear we met your expectations. Travellers is a Jamaican owned property and for the last twenty years we have tried hard to provide a uniquely Jamaican experience that is also comfortable and secure. We are, as you say, ideally located on the amazing seven-mile beach close to the town. Our guests can walk into town or along the beach for all their needs whether it be shopping, duty free, crafts, bars and restaurants etc.

We are eagerly awaiting your return home!

Best wishes from the Travellers family..............

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The last few months for me was insane, so this mini escape was needed. The property is nice, charming, and located in my opinion one the best beaches in the world.

I really enjoyed my morning runs along Negril's 7 mile beach. Howard Spittle (GM) was such a gracious host. The team went above and beyond to ensure that I was comfortable.

Karaoke night was the best, it wasn't just for guests of the hotel; locals came along and showed the talent that Jamaica is known for!

Room Tip: There are plenty of great restaurants in Negril. One of my favorites is Sweet Spice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank FloridaShotta

Thank you for your kind review. If you left us relaxed and rejuvenated then we have done our job! Our team is what makes the difference and I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.
Best wishes,
Howard

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Beautiful hotel and great location. The staff was very friendly and the property is super clean.

Amazing food!!! If you don't stay at the hotel do yourself a favor and eat at the restaurant...try the lobster thermidor, best lobster in Jamaica.

• Stayed: June 2014
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Cindy thank you for your kind comments. I will ensure we pass on your praise to our culinary team. Hope to see you back at Travellers very soon.
Our best wishes,
The Travellers Family

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have travelled to Negril on a number of occasions, and once I discovered Traveller's, I never stayed anywhere else again. I am not the all-inclusive type, and Traveller's provides all of the amenities that you need. Functional, well-equipped rooms, and a beach that is second to none. The beach bar and restaurant is good, and the location is awesome, leaving you walking distance if you want any of the other great food that Jamaica has to offer. The breakfast buffet with traditional Jamaican breakfast items is well worth it. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone, and will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have balconies or patios, but not all of them are private.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. We also see ourselves as that alternative resort non all-inclusive which offers good value, safety and comfort with a true Jamaican experience. Located on a quiet part of the beach we are, as you say, just minutes from town, restaurants, shops, duty free etc. Thank you also for complimenting our team who are the ones who always make the experience special for our guests. We look forward to your return.
Best wishes from the Travellers family.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here end of June traveling solo with my 1 year old son, my room superior with very comfy double beds it was well kept, the bathroom hadn't been refurbished yet but it was clean and a decent sized. Maintenance fixed the problem I had straight away.

I had an amazing stay breakfast buffet was lovely and good value. I loved the pool and made friends with other guests. The location of travellers is perfect for night life but far enough away not to be disturbed by noise. The air con in my room was cold.

All my requests were seen to and ready for me cot, fridge (35$ extra).

The staff and management were all lovely and I felt very safe here at all times. I love this place so much I'm coming back in 4weeks time

Stayed: July 2014
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Stephanie thank you for your review of Travellers. We are so happy to hear you and your son enjoyed your stay with us and of course to hear that you are returning again very soon. We look forward to hosting you and welcoming you back. Best wishes from the entire Travellers family.