Travellers Beach Resort
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$863
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$68
US$1,313
TripAdvisor
1,228 results
All reviewswellington familykaraoke nightclose to townsuperior roomcoconut shrimppool partythe security guardhome away from homejamaican breakfastswim up barrestaurant staffthe entire staffgift shopwater pressurewest endnightly entertainmentrum punch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Travellers was a very quaint resort on the end of the Seven Mile Beach. It was quiet and peaceful. No Room Service and water pressure low, otherwise I would have rated 5 stars. Nice pool area with a small romantic hideaway and swim up bar. Great Buffet breakfast. Walking distance to Time Square Shopping Mall and local town shopping in Negril. Beautiful area to walk on the beach at night for a romantic stroll. Dont forget the the OFF spray. All rooms have a decent view of the ocean and sunset.

Room Tip: Most rooms had a decent view of the ocean and sunset.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Tmedl01
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking time out to review us, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future. Would have liked to have checked your room while you were here as usually we do not have a water pressure problem. We are as you say very centrally located, Travellers guests really can walk everywhere either further along the seven-mile beach or into the town of Negril. While all our rooms are screened OFF is always a good idea particularly if you are out and about in the evenings. Best wishes from the Travellers team..................

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay. I was safe, I was feed, and I was comfortable at Travellers Beach. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. I enjoyed the Ackee and Salt fish. I stayed in room 17. There was a leak in between the toilet and the tub. I did not have a refrigerator or microwave. There were lots of electrical outlets. I had hot water everyday and I had electricity the entire time. Oh I had not been to Negril in the last two years but there is now traffic lights on the beach road and a side walk on opposite side of the beach road. I still love Negril but now I have a different feel about it but I did enjoy as always my Love Jamaica.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cloris W

We are delighted to hear "we did the trick" and you obviously left us recharged. Thank you for the comment re your room. For your information our deluxe rooms, kitchenette rooms and suites come with refrigerators and those with kitchens also have microwaves. We do rent refrigerators for other room categories at US$5 per day. I am sorry if that was not conveyed to you. Yes we are moving right along in Negril - a sidewalk and some pedestrian crossing lights! I hope we can welcome you back very soon. Regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I purchased a Living Social deal and I'm so glad that I picked Travellers Beach Resort for my stay in Negril. They helped arrange for my shuttle to and from the airport, so the trip there and back was easy and stress free. When I finally arrived, I walked into a beautiful lobby with a gorgeous chandelier. I was upgraded to a deluxe room and the room was very clean. I felt completely safe as the hotel security is excellent. The staff and owners are very friendly and welcoming. I only wish that I chose to stay for a week. I will definitely suggest this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Negril. The beach is absolutely gorgeous and the resort is right off the beach. The bar was definitely my go to place while I was there. Loved my stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Nicey S

We are also delighted to hear you picked us! It is good to hear that we met your expectations and you were comfortable and felt safe with us. Hopefully we can welcome you back very soon. Best wishes from the Travellers Family.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went with friends Lisa and Lyndon (from Kingston) late May. The staff was very attentive to our needs and desires. The rooms are old but clean, the A/C excellent after a day at the pool or beach. The restaurant was outstanding and the servers super nice! Events most nights that where lots of fun! I would recommend this resort to my friends and family. A great value also!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kappat35

Thank you for reviewing us and giving us five "bubbles". I am glad we met your expectations, thank you for complimenting our team, they deserve recognition as they are truly our greatest asset. I hope you will be back with us very soon. Best wishes........

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I ate at the restaurant portion with family and friends the first night of our stay. We did not lodge there.

I ordered the Garlic Shrimp with Mashed Potatoes. It took a really long time for us to get our food but food is made to order. When I received it, it was cold. I'm not sure if it was because there were over 9 orders and they wanted to wait, but it was cold. I thought the shrimp would have been bigger because my sister has eaten the dish before. They were medium size and taste alright but the mashed potatoes were really cold though they tasted decent. At the end of the night everyone felt the food was just ok.

Some of my family went back a couple days later for the breakfast buffet and said it was horrible. Strike two.

I went back with my aunt and friend for dinner before our departure. I ordered the shrimp penne with pink sauce. It was actually good and filling. My friend ordered crab cakes which were not good. They were really cooked on the outside but mushy on the inside. Usually with crab cakes you can still taste the crab but these were just mushy cornmeal.

The server we had (tall, light skin gentleman with corn rows) was amazing! Really polite, attentive, and understood what customer service is. Since my friend was unhappy with her meal, he offered to remove it as she barely ate anything. I guess in the middle of him removing it, the manager decided she wanted to come over which was good. Instead of asking why she didn't like it, understanding and removing it, it went south. She had a rebuttal for everything she said and expected her to still pay for something she barely ate. At the end of the conversation, the manager just turned her back and walked off without saying a word. Rude!

My friend didn't have a problem paying, our server offered to remove it. Due to the manager's bad attitude and approach, my friend refused to pay for it. The co-owner, didn't get his name but he was American, short, yet cute; he came over to speak about the incident. He removed the meal at the end. We tipped our server more than properly because it was not his fault and he did a good job.

Do I think we will return, probably not. If so, just for drinks.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank mortj14

Thank you for your detailed review, we do appreciate the time you took to let us know about your dining experience. In a resort that receives overwhelmingly positive reviews we take particular notice when we fail to meet our guests expectations and where clearly we did not get it right. I am glad one of our owners was there and assisted you. I can assure you we take reviews such as yours very seriously, they are an inavaluable training tool. I appreciate your complimenting your waiter, he obviously tried hard to assist. I do hope we will be given another opportunity to make it up to you when you are next in Negril. Thank you again.