Travellers Beach Resort
US$76
US$854
US$484
Hotels.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
1,230 results
All reviewswellington familykaraoke nightclose to townsuperior roomcoconut shrimppool partythe security guardhome away from homejamaican breakfastswim up barrestaurant staffthe entire staffgift shopwater pressurewest endnightly entertainmentrum punch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Just finished up a weeks stay at Travellers as I was in town for Dream Weekend. This was my 2nd time staying at Travellers and I can't say enough good things about the experience! While in Negril, I don't envision myself ever staying anywhere else. The thing that really makes this place an amazing experience is the wonderful staff. Everyone from the front desk, on site maintenance, restaurant, and the owners do everything possible to make your stay an incredible experience. They have a wonderful Manager's Reception on Wednesday evenings complete with local dishes and rum punch. My favorite part of the week had to be having breakfast every morning on the restaurant deck under the shade of the trees while staring at the clear blue water. If you want to experience an authentic Jamaican experience, then Travellers is the place for you!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Obie74
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us here at Travellers over Dream Weekend. I appreciate your complimenting our team who make Travellers the success it is. Breakfast by the blue Caribbean Sea is certainly a great way to start the day - I know I do it every day! Do hope we can welcome you back and again thank you for your five bubble review.

Best wishes from the Travellers family...........

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during dream weekend 2014...if you're looking peace and quiet this is not the spot...the bar starts to play music at 11am until midnight, the standard rooms walls are thin, I could hear the person next door snoring and the couple upstairs making love. The food is at the restaurant is very good but took me an hour to get.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Delia H
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Delia thank you for your review. It certainly made me think as only yesterday I answered a review that called us a "nice quiet hotel" and today I read the opposite in your review! Every guest has different expectations of course. Nevertheless, I am sorry to hear the music at the bar bothered you. We do try to cater for all tastes and if the music was too loud we would have gladly turned it down. I must admit ATI/Dreams week in Negril is the biggest party of the year anywhere in Jamaica and probably not the week to find peace and serenity. Your remarks re the standard room and restaurant service will as always be used by us to improve our guest experience. Many of our best ideas and plans come directly from our guests. I do hope we can welcome you back again. Best wishes from the Travellers team............

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Food Was great. Hotel is on the beach.. not bad for the price... Reef for snorkelling just 200ft from the shore.. great location on seven mile beach... recommend blue hole and west end point for snorkelling.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are glad we met your expectations and do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Best wishes from the Travellers family.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a great time at Travellers! We spent three nights (7/25-7/28) with a Groupon we couldn't resist. The resort grounds are well kept and the staff is very friendly! The restaurant and bar offer meals and drinks at an affordable US standard. The menu caught me off guard a bit with the gourmet choices; I expected a more traditional selection, but venturing outside of the resort just a few minutes away by foot satisfied my authentic jerked cravings. Having stayed at Sandals last year we decided the "All-Inclusive Life" just wasn't for us. You don't get to experience much of Jamaica in those places and to me it's just a waste of money. Travellers had everything we needed for exactly 10% of the price we paid at Sandals. When we did dine at the restaurant the food was full of flavor, but the drinks could've used just a little bit more alcohol. ;) LOL. The Groupon included a free breakfast every morning that was simply delicious. The beach is its best in the morning, the water is crystal clear and blue, and the locals trying to sell you pot and beaded jewelry are fewer. For fun we taxi'd to Rick's Cafe to watch the sunset, went glass bottom boating right on the beach, and soaked up as much sun possible. We met the sweetest local vender by the name of Carver further right to the beach entrance of Travellers that made us feel right at home. Please check him out! My only advice to you is try venturing out of the resort in the day, explore the Seven Mile Beach, kindly dismiss the venders and locals trying to make some change off of you, visit Rick's Cafe to see what the hype's about, and talk to the girls at the front desk. Davian @ the front desk was my go to person for nearly everything, and you'll never find a security guard as sweet and humble as Oneil. We plan on going to Travellers again in the near future. It's what you make of it! Have fun!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are more private. A standard room is just fine for a couple looking for affordable comfort.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doman10
Howard S, General Manager at Travellers Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your detailed review which I am sure will be helpful to many of our prospective guests when they are making their vacation choices (even though we only got three bubbles from you!!!). Of course when we get a three bubble score instead of four or five it only makes us try harder! We are pleased to hear we met your expectations. Travellers Beach Resort is ideal for those guests who want to explore and experience Jamaica. We are centrally located and our guests can simply walk along the beach, into the town, explore other bars and restaurants, go duty free shopping etc. without needing to venture very far or to take taxis everywhere. I do hope we can host you again very soon. Will be sure to pass on your compliments to Davion
Regards from the Travellers family.......

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had a great time, friendly staff, security guards on the beach to look after you. Very simple but great for the price. Pool with bar & water fall feature, however the whirlpool wasn't working at the time. Didn't pay much and didn't get as much from another more expensive or all inclusive. Restaurant seemed basic menu but good food. They take US dollars (and Credit cards), but give change in Jamaican Dollars so be prepared for conversions, my advise is to bring $5 bills.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Frank P

Thank you for the your review Frank. Travellers is a Jamaican owned company and over the last twenty years we try hard to provide a vacation that is both good value for money and also a resort where our guests feel safe and comfortable. We hope we can host you again. Best wishes from the Travellers team.......