Kuyaba Hotel & Restaurant - Negril
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$194
US$108
US$79
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$174
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshoneymoon suiteking suitebourbon beachswing chairlobster thermidorthe security guardlarge roombooby caycallalooseven mile beachglass bottom boatjerk chickenbeach frontlaid backbeautiful beachvendorskitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed at Kuyaba last spring, and loved it so much we decided to go back. And I am glad we did.

The location is great - I love being able to walk right out to the beach in the morning, and to watch the sunsets and then head to the bar for happy hour or back to our room to get ready for dinner. Also having the 2 stores and fruit stand right outside the main entrance (turn right as you go out) on the road gives a fast and cheap way to get cold water ($100 J or approx US$1 per 1.5 litres), snacks, and fresh fruit (the fruit here is 1/4th of the cost from the people on the beach).

We also love the staff at Kuyaba. We were asked every day how things were going, if we needed anything, if they could do anything for us. From the main desk, to the cleaning staff, to the restaurant and bar, everyone treated us GREAT, and were so friendly and helpful.

And the food in the restaurant is AMAZING... We ate there a number of times during our stay, and my wife was raving about the soups, pepper mountain shrimp, conch, lobster, and fish...

Thanks everyone at Kuyaba for a wonderful 9 days.

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center, but I got an error until I filled these in...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dwaine S
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I had been anticipating my trip to negril for months and i was most excited about my accommodations. i was willing to pay $100 a night for a room at Kuyaba because it seemed like a dream place to stay that wasnt all inclusive. Boy was I wrong. dont get me wrong the grounds and the food was wonderful but the rooms are awful!!!!! We stayed in the deluxe room and it was dingy and dark. the Beds are THE WORST! i repeat THE WORST beds i have ever slept on. The are on concrete slabs and they are box springs, not even and actual mattress. I couldnt sleep at all. I Had to go to the office to see if i could get extra pillows to lay on just to make it through the night. I had to ask 3 times and the manager just kept ignoring my request. then they came by 2 hours after the last time i asked and brought them. I was just overall disappointed with my stay. I had high hopes and i was let down big time. PLease DONT STAY HERE!!!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sandy C
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Recommended by staff at our hotel. Immediately spotted several stray cats under the tables, perished on the areas where dirty plates are kept. Waiter was very unfriendly and annoyed that we asked to move away from the family of cats at our feet. Service was slow--we ordered at 8:15. Food arrived at 9:40.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Andreah65
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I was surprised by this hotel because it is so affordable. There is nice staemy hot water, which is an absolute must for me and the rooms are .The cliff diving and cave is great. The food is good but a bit pricey. ideal location for a romantic getaway without beaking the bank. i want to go back and bring my snorkle gear,

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I've been staying at Kuyaba almost every year since it has been open. Outstanding beach location, excellent restaurant, attentive staff, extremely safe, and incredible tropical vibe!!!

It doesnt get better than this!

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are a great value!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple