Kuyaba Hotel & Restaurant - Negril
  • Breakfast included
Sunrise Club(Negril)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
    All reviewshoneymoon suiteking suitebourbon beachswing chairlobster thermidorthe security guardlarge roombooby caycallalooseven mile beachglass bottom boatjerk chickenbeach frontlaid backbeautiful beachvendorskitchenette
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I wanted curry goat all week and I finally found it on the menu at Kuyaba. The goat meat was tender and the curry flavorful. The meal was served hot with beans and rice and vegetables garnishing the plate. Cost 1000 Jamaican dollars. 10 US. Yummy.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank DelorisG4
    Reviewed 12 February 2014

Just stopped for bfast and lunch but we get to see the hotel...amazing spot, beautiful restaurant view and most delicious food we had in Jamaica. spot for a snack or full meal. you will be happy happy happy

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank TayancK
    Reviewed 7 February 2014

Me and my Fiance stayed here for two nights for a quick getaway. I had booked the Honeymoon Suite, and I can honestly say its prob the only way to go !
    The balcony alone did it for us. it was HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and there was tons of room for us to play on the swing.
    The room was fine. Huge comfy bed, high ceiling, tons of space. The Bathroom was kind of a letdown. I would think that it being a Honeymoon Suite it would have a huge tub or something, but it was just a simple bathroom.. showerhead kinda sucked but it was only for two days.

The property is very small, but the location on the beach is great. The water is fantastic and you can walk out forever and the water doesn't get deep ! One day we even saw a starfish. The security would pull out chairs and put them where you wanted them for the day. Which was nice.

We ate breakfast both mornings at the hotel, it was fine.. nothing special. The Hashbrowns were great, but service was insanely slow. like I know this is Jamaica, (my boyfriend is Jamaican) but when its to the point you have to go find the waitress to ask for coffee or your bill etc... when your the only table eating.. its pretty bad.

The major complaint is how insanely loud it was both nights. There is a club just down the beach which plays music until at least 5am, then the next night there was live music which also went until pretty much the sun came up. It made it very hard to sleep. I would not recommend this place to anyone who is a light sleeper or has children who need to sleep at night.

Kuyaba was nice, and Charlie and Buddy the birds always put a smile on my face, but with so many other places on the beach and in Negril, I will probably try out another place next time.

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite had the best balcony and biggest room on the property
    • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank ZebraPrintSky
    Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

You're right on the beach. Literally. On the beach are awesome bars and points of destination but also beautiful overall scenery. The rooms are clean and the way they are positioned is very cool. Take a trip over to Rick's cafe and jump off the cliffs. Come back and go snorkeling on a glass bottom boat and then end it with a great time jet skiing.

• Stayed: January 2014
    Reviewed 29 January 2014

Kuyaba is a beautiful hotel with log cabin type rooms. The setting is super cozy and staff is extremely friendly. They will go out of their way to make you feel at home and provide the most comfort for your stay. They also reached out and tried to get to know me during my stay which made me feel more comfortable and enhanced my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends