“awesome holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“awesome holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

just returned from grande pineapple, we had the most wonderful relaxing week the staff were all wonderful but a special mention goes to ghavree and vinton in the bar who made the most delicious cocktails and felt like old friends. jaqueline in the restaurant was always attentive and always smiling, special mention to philip the very young security guard who was the most vigilant guard i have ever seen and made sure guests were not hassled and the most caring towards guests. food was very good and always fresh.. very casual of an evening shorts were all that were needed . lots and lots of plus points staff and service being the main but keeping it real the only negative is lack of entertainment of a night but plenty of bars along the beach again however this is not well lit and you will get approached by locals offering their 'wares' which can be off putting but a no thank you was all that was needed. cant wait to come back , my favourite place in the world.

Room Tip: some rooms do not have a balcony or patio area so make sure you request one if wanted
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank debbie263
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time visiting our resort. We hope that you return in near future!

Have a nice day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

My Neice & I went to Negril for 8 days from April 5-13, 2013 & stayed at the Grand Pineapple. The staff at the Resort were totally amazing, very helpful & friendly. The atmosphere was very relaxing & the beachside cottage was very charmimg. Steps from the beach where all the action was. The staff got to know us by name & greeted us every day with smiling faces. Great shopping on the beach & so nice to walk for miles & see all the locals selling their goods . The sunsets were truly amazing, I had never experienced a sunset quite like that before. Overall it was a great place to go & stay & if it is relaxation you are looking for then look no further. Can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Canadiangal50
Thank you so much for posting this great review. I’m delighted to know that you had such a wonderful and memorable stay with us. Providing excellent customer service is very important to us and It is always our pleasure to serve. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Santa Cruz Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and I had an amazing fun time at the GPR!! I think I should have written my review sooner, but let's just say I came back too relaxed from Jamaica! Ok, so let me give you the pro's and con's
Pro's: Perfect great location! 7 mile beach, notable as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Also, GPR is located close to many bars and restaurants, Alfred's is next door, the hubby, I, and ( a bunch a new friends we met ;), often went to Alfred's or Gordon Beach to get down and party with the locals ya mon!! it was so fun! enjoying reggae under the stars, bare feet on the sand, and drink on hand! it really could not get better than this!! Also, GPR is walking distance to the "Jungle Club" got to try this! We went on Th, night and it was packed because it was ladies night, many locals were out there, so you really get to experience the Jamaican culture.

Pro: Beach vendors and people watching: If you stay in this place, you will definitely get an opportunity to eat yummy local snacks: patties, fresh lobsters, ice cream with rum yum!!! etc.. Yes,... the Jamaican will ask you many, many times to buy things, but a simple no, ( ok various times) but trust me, they will leave you alone if you do not want to buy things. For us, that was part of the Jamaican experience!!! so if you want to just be left alone, and are not very open to experience the culture, do not stay here... so you can go to Sandals, where we stayed for a couple of days too lol! ( but that 's another review) .

Pro: An opportunity to experience the Jamaican vibe, My husband and I had so much fun interacting with the locals and the people in this resort, is just so laid back. After a few days people new our names and we new their names, lobster, big mike etc, Also, even if you are in the ocean, you can hear reggae music playing in the background, the smell of jerk chicken... awww I wish I was there now!

Pro: The staff in this hotel are just so friendly and accommodating! from the bartender's to servers, cross guard, chef's, even the manager, was so approachable and give us many tips for a fun trip!

Pro: the food!!! we found the food really delicious!!! lots of fish, chicken, meat, pastas etc. The salad bar was a little basic, but they cooked a lot of veggies dishes, very yummy! and yes, there is only one buffet area and we found it to be plenty! ohh and the omelets in the morning were good too!

Pro: because the hotel is small, it creates a more intimate environment, we got to know a lot of people that are now our friends, it was so fun seeing our amigos during dinner, hanging out the bar and then off we all went to the local bars, very good times!

Pro: Room was clean and had all the basic things we needed :)

Con's: yes, it is a basic hotel, 3 star...but you know what? we still really had the time of our lives!! The hubby and I usually do your typical luxurious 5 star hotel and they are great!!! But we both agree that this was such a good experience, because of the location, the staff, the food, the people we met and because we felt like we were able to experience the Jamaican culture!! We did stayed in Sandals before this, and it was great, but it's so far away from the main strip that you would have to take a cab to go to bars/clubs I describe above. So to sum it up, this is a great 3 star hotel!! will we come back to this place, definitely!! oh, and one Pro: across the GPR is Smoky Joe Jerk chicken!!! hhmmm this was so good, perfect after a night in the jungle club or Alfred's ya mon!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Californiancouple
We really appreciate you posting about your wonderful stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm so happy to read that you and your husband had such an amazing and fun time at the resort. At Grand Pineapple Negril, we take pride in providing a friendly and relaxing environment for all of our guests. Thank you for all your pro's :0) and we can't wait to see you both again!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

My husband and I traveled to Grand Pineapple Negril from March 19 - 26, 2013 to relax and celebrate our anniversary. We have traveled to Jamaica several times in the past, so we knew what to expect. Traveling on a Tuesday with a direct JetBlue flight from Boston was the way to go, there was no one in customs and we got through with ease. We used Clives Transport for a private car to the resort. This was a great experience, our driver was wonderful and we would highly recommend Clives.

The moment we stepped from the car the staff of GP made us feel welcome. The lady crossing guard greeted us with a smile and showed us into the lobby. Check in was a breeze and we were given Beach Cottage Room 42 with a king sized bed The room was more quaint than small but with plenty of space for the both of us. The patio outside had a table with two chairs and a rack for drying swimsuits and was where we spent most of our time outside of the beach. During our stay, maintenance was painting the exterior of the buildings. The interior of my unit appeared to be freshly painted and exceptionally clean.

The beach is beautiful with plenty of shade chairs for lounging and is centrally located in Negril. Walking the long beach is my favorite thing to do in Negril and GP is right in the center of the action. The sand is powder soft, but walk in the morning as it gets hot in the afternoon. Bring an inflatable float and give it to someone when you leave. You will not regret it. We also brought our own snorkel equipment so that we could go off on our own snorkeling.

The food was delicious and we were never hungry. One afternoon for lunch I had a wonderful curried shrimp with vegetables. The selection was varied with different theme days. Due to the chance of showers, we did not have the beach party during my stay.

I had a massage and facial during my stay which were wonderful.

Overall, our vacation was wonderful. The staff was unbelieveable, I cannot stress how nice everyone was. Upon arrival my first impression of the resort was how NICE and genuinely welcoming everyone was. Jacquline our waitress was a pleasure and even King George went out of his way to welcome us among the GP family. GP is a small, boutique resort without that overbearing, crowded feel you get with some of the larger places. I liked the fact that I didn't have to bring 'dressy' clothes for dinner, the atmosphere is more like the casual, beachy, real Negril that I am traveling for. We loved it so much, before we left we booked for next year.

Thank you Alexander Pike and the staff of the GP for such a relaxing vacation. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Room Tip: I prefer the beach side cottage with king sized bed and in room fridge.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mrs_Muncy
We are so happy that you had a wonderful anniversary stay with us! It's an honor to share it and I'm glad that we were able to make your stay incredible. It's great that we were able to meet your expectations and to know how much you loved the resort. We can't wait until you return!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

My husband and I just returned for a great week at the Grand pineapple!! The resort is small and easily accessible. The rooms are clean and inviting!! We stayed in a beachside cottage which gave us a short walk every morning to the beach and coffee .The manager Alexander is always there with a smile and friendly conversation...and so is all his staff! We have been to a lot of all inclusive resorts and this is a First!! The desk staff is so helpful (Troy) .he made a dinner recommendation for us off the resort...arranged all the details.it was amazing.
The security people are also friendly and helpful. The bartenders and wait staff were all wonderful.
I cannot forget to mention Carver...he sits on the beach everyday making the most beautiful wood carvings...make sure you check him out.
The beach is clean and beautiful .You do have to go down early in the morning to get chairs under the few trees if you want some shade!!
They have a nice variety of food.for all meals.
Overall.. A quiet,comfortable stay...I and can't wait to go back !!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeannine1125
We really appreciate you posting about your wonderful stay at Grand Pineapple Negril! Providing excellent customer service is very important to us and It is always our pleasure to serve.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Arrived with Virgin Atlantic on 17th March 2013. Late at night and raining, we were shown room 45. We upgraded to the beach cottage, room 45 is on the lower floor at the back of the resort with a great big tree next to it and the service road outside the window.... We were not for staying! We were moved the following morning to room 42, upper floor near the reception, huge four poster king size bed, ceiling fan and air conditioning - Great room. The staff, service, and atmosphere at Grand Pineapple endear you to the wonderful people of Jamaica. The food is very good, nothing fantastic, but tasty, good choice and very fresh. We never went hungry!! The location takes a little getting used to. A public beach but it is manned 24/7 by great security staff who keep the locals well away from you. There are some interesting characters to watch. Always felt safe and great we could leave all our valuables on the beds whilst we went swimming out to the floating platform. The hotel is a boutique hotel so you meet friends very quickly and easily and the staff get to know your needs!! - Rum and coke, rum punch etc lol. Plenty sun beds, no problem seating around the bar, just enjoy the entertainment from your table!! Music in hotel stops at 10pm but Alfreds starts then! Little interruption to sleep though. Enjoy the morning sunshine, chill in the shade in the afternoon then watch the most perfect sunset in the world with a cocktail from the great bar staff. Thanks Alex and your team, hope we come back to see our friends again next year.

Room Tip: Avoid room 45. The rooms across in the garden look like they will be quieter. Just crossing the road...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank four4candles
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your vacation with us. At Grand Pineapple Negril, we take pride in providing a friendly and relaxing environment for all of our guests. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff at Grand Pineapple Negril did just that. We would be more than happy to welcome you back in the future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Had the BEST time at the hotel! Everyone is soo nice and the food is to die for! It is my new favorite vacation spot! It is a great place for a family vacation, soo much to do!

You always feel like you are a part of the family while you stay. You live in your bathing suit, so you don't need to bring much. Unless of course you want to donate items. They are very grateful! My family and I did that the last time we were there, went to goodwill. So awesome!

Room Tip: Beach Side is the best!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dannielle M
Thank you so much for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril! I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectation and make this an amazing experience for you and your entire family.

Come back to your second home soon! :-) We look forward to your return!