“wonderful setting- great staff- relaxing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Buffalo NY
“wonderful setting- great staff- relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I neeed to get away and spent a week here 2-2013 . This place is small , the staff gets to know you quickly and responds to your needs. It's not a five star but is very laid back and comfortable. Food and drinks aren't top shelf but are adequate. Don't be afraid to try some of the local restaraunts and food stands for some variety. They're reasonable and are out of this world. We tried the jerk chicken from the place down he road by the mall. $5 U.S, - enough for both of us - what a treat. Same with the soup place down the other side. Just a little shack but the locals line up 10-15 deep all day. A cup of soup that's thick as stew for about 1.80 U.S. Massages are better than expected and reasonable. Wouldn't hesitate to go back. Only draw back is that it's a ride back and forth to the airport. But the transport company made best of that as well with a couple nice stops along the way. When do we go back?

Room Tip: We had the garden side which was very private but had to cross the road for bar/food. Midnight rom...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DSDUZER
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you and your wife had such a wonderful time visiting our resort. We hope that you return in near future!

Have a nice day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Polish first
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I am reading the reviews and I am taken aback. The Grand Pineapple was my first choice because I read all the great reviews and it sounded like the type of small, intimate hotel we needed to relax and in. We booked our trip in March and counted the months. When we arrived on September 17th, we were told that they were closed for renovation. To their credit, they did put us up in a great resort, Beaches, and we had a great time. However, now I read that others were staying there. I wish they would have told us the truth, I would have considered giving them another try.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank SchatzieVa23231
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
We regret to read that you were somewhat disappointed about being upgraded to our sister resort. We certainly want to fulfill the needs of all of our guests and always want to create memorable vacations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused because of your move.

On a brighter note, I'm happy to hear that you were still able to enjoy a great vacation at Beaches. Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will visit us again in the future and experience either of our amazing properties.
Windsor, NS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We spent 8 nights at GP in March & booked to return next March for 10 nights. We have stayed @ Sandals Royal Caribbean & also Sandals Caryle & although we enjoyed both resorts we like the quaintness of GP. It's staff will always be it's best asset. Cottages are clean, have comfortable beds & lots of hot water. I consider myself a picky eater & had no complaints about the food. I prefer buffet style as opposed to a la carte. It was probably the first time I've had an omelette cooked to perfection. The staff quickly replenish empty dishes & are eager to please. If budget permits, it would be great if they would add a soft-serve ice-cream machine at the bar & also a small pizzeria/grill (like Sandals Montego Bay) in the open space next to the bar or on the garden side. This would be a much better fit & less expensive than adding an a la carte restaurant as rumoured.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Shopgirl1955
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. I will be sure to forward your review to the managers. See you in March!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

When we arrived at grand pineapple we were a little hesitant on whether or not we would like it. The rooms are simple 2 beds and a bathroom. They do a very good job with cleaning the rooms and giving you plenty of towels. The beds are also very comfortable. I would definitely advise booking on the ocean side not the garden side because its on the opposite side of the road than the restaurant and bar. If simplicity and relaxation is what your looking for this place is great. The food was delicious every day! Not one complaint even though the selection was small. Because it was September it was very slow so the food was a la carte. There is only one restaurant and one bar and they stop serving at 10pm so hopefully your not hungry until morning! We took out the kayaks and body boards which were fun and they took us sailing. I reccomend taking the glass bottom boat to ricks cafe and you must jump!! There is a craft market down the beach about s mile to the left for anything you desire just don't go alone. This was a tad bit scary. Right next the resort is Alfred's. Go here and get the best bloody Mary for $3 and free WiFi. WiFi on the resort is like $45 for a week. There is a really good jerk chicken place right up from alfred's Also. We took a trip to just natural which is a very yummy restaurant on the west end and then went to the blue mineral hole. There is a local named johnny who took us. He took care of us and he was trustworthy. You will get bombarded all day to buy anything and everything and you just have to say no Mon! If you give in like me you come home broke! The beach at the hotel is very well taken care of and from what I saw one of the best.

• Stayed September 2013
13 Thank Breitz88
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of Grand Pineapple Negril! It's great to know that you had such a fantastic time at the resort and how much you like it. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. We hope to see you again.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Hello Trip Advisor, people my friends and I stayed at the GPB from Aug 24-29 and had an amazing time. The staff are so friendly and really go out of their way to get you what you want. We had a beach side cottage which we upgraded before leaving home, originally we had a room in the manor building but after I read some reviews I noticed it was across the street and we did not want that. The garden side was kept amazingly clean and trees cut well Peacocks everywhere with their young and a nice clean swimming pool with a deep end and a tennis court. Just no bar at that side. Also they had 24 hr security and crossing guards to walk you across the street.

Our cottage was #33 right in front of the food/bar. The beach was so close and delicious first thing in the morning. Everyday it did rain for a bit but then went away and the sun came back out as it is rainy season but it was hot in a comfortable way. Make sure you take an afternoon nap in the hammock.

The staff Conrad & Ghavri at the bar were so nice and make awesome drinks....get a Dirty Banana topped with Appleton!!! Rohan and the other Chef sorry I cannot remember everyone's name also made great food and were so nice to give us a plate of mango almost everyday! Not to mention my Hot Sauce Blazin Fiyah lol Thanks Rohan :D

Don't forget to visit the Spa Vivienne gave me the most amazing massage on the beach and a hot stone one as well...yes I was greedy and had 2 massage on my 5 day trip but they had an amazing special ladies ask about it don't leave without getting one.

The girls at the front desk lobby area were all so nice and helpful. House keeping did a good job, there is no body wash or shampoo in the rooms, but they do have a coffee maker, iron and umbrella. The resort is so small and quaint we had no use for this we just went to get our food and sometimes came back to eat on our patio so beautiful.

Everyday is a different food theme for dinner unfortunately we missed out on traditional Jamaican food night on Thursday sniff sniff. There is a bar & grill right next door called Alfred's and a night club we enjoyed for the young called The Jungle we walked at night it was very safe, less than 10 mins away. Price was $20 USD all you can drink so worth it

I was lucky to see a stingray in the water on my last day, early mornings you will see fish and later in the day starfish which you can actually pick up but they will die if out of the water for longer than 5 seconds so make sure you dip them back quickly.

Overall our trip was very memorable and we met some great people from home and the USA and Italy we would def return. Alex Pike the owner has done an amazing job keep up the good work. Happy staff make a happy home and I totally found this in my stay it really showed in the workers faces.

I would highly recommend this resort for people who are looking for quiet only or this is not the place for you. I have also stayed at the RIU Negril and they have more action there but note not the greatest beach...Grand Pineapple is situated in the middle of 7 Mile Beach and its phenomenal!!!!!

Missing JA love it with a passion see you next year Likkle More

Room Tip: Beachside Cottage is close to the food, drinks and beach LOVED IT!!!! Garden Side much more quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
12 Thank Charzee
Thank you for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. It's very encouraging when guests post about how excellent our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable, friendly environment. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. We hope to see you next year!

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

As an experienced traveler to Jamaica, we were pleased to spend our time at this resort. The food was great, the help outstanding, and the weather cooperated as well. The sun is very strong. I was fooling around doing "the dog paddle" and lo and behold, I got a serious sumburn. I suggest that everytime you go out, apply sunscreen. This resort has individual cottages on both sides of the highway. If you get a cottage on the other side of the street, you are fortunate. There is a pool, tennis court, and nice facilities there. I raise this issue because if you get a cottage close to the beach, you will be close to the food, bar, and all the beach acitivites. Problem is the bands on each side of the resort play until 1 or 1:30 in the morning. This resort is nice if you like small. It's not like the larger hotels where they have large rooms and beds. Our mattress was terrible. When one of us got in the bed t sank like a bowling ball in the middle. It was still a great resort and we would come back again.

Room Tip: Bring sunscreen.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Waterlog
Thank you for your review. We appreciate it. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. We hope to see you again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place has a very colorful and homey feeling, with laid back but very attentive hotel staff. The rooms are definitely no more than 3-star but the place more than makes up for it with major character. The gorgeous beach is probably the best one along this stretch of the island, though once you leave the hotel front, do expect to be approached to buy "smoke," and/or rent a boat/water ski, pretty much constantly. The food was delicious and plentiful and with enough variety on a regular basis to not get bored (though desserts and some dishes did repeat a lot). There are lots of water sport activities available (and clubs for dancing nearby), such as sailing and snorkeling, but overall the place is best for laying back, reading, drinking, eating, and enjoying a relaxing swim whenever you feel like it.

Room Tip: Choose the side of the hotel on the beach front, otherwise you have to cross the road to get to the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank bitemehard
Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time visiting our resort. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm happy to know how much you liked. We hope to see you again.