Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
    • Breakfast included
    • Beachfront
    • Pool
    View Hotel
    All reviewscrossing guardscaptain mosespineapplesmall resortgift shopgrilled cheesereturning guestsstocked fridgebuffet stylebottle of rumkerry annsecurity staffpaddle boardspool sideglass bottom boatnew friendslaid back
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel closed for 3+ weeks and we not notified until we arrived on 10/11. We booked on 9/22 and now after reviewing Trip Adviser I see that someone else also had this experience on 9/17, which means the hotel was already closed when I made my reservation. Yet they still accepted my full payment and did not notify us of any changes until we arrived at the hotel where a security guard informed us that it was closed and we would be staying at the Beaches resort instead. Grand Pineapple is part of Beaches/Sandals so this was a sister resort we were shipped off to.

We did a lot of research and ultimately selected Grand Pineapple because we were looking for something quaint, smaller and intimate, and more representative of the local area. Grand Pineapple is located within close proximity to local Negril attractions so we were looking forward to walking around town. We are not the type to stay on the resort where they are all the same and you miss out on the local flavor.

Beaches is a wonderful resort if that is the experience you are looking for, but a mega- resort is everything we did not want. They have been quite accommodating since we arrived, this is just not at all the vacation we were planning and looking forward to.

My low rating for Grand Pineapple and Sandals/Beaches brands is due to the complete lack of customer service when they failed to communicate that the hotel was closed and our reservation was changed to a hotel with a completely different atmosphere and experience than what we had booked.

Clearly they were aware of this change at the time we booked since the hotel was already closed then. In spite of that we were still allowed to make the reservation and pay in full. When we arrived they had us booked at Beaches instead and when we arrived at Beaches the explained Grand Pineapple was closed...., so they were clearly aware ahead of time of the circumstance. However, they did not call us ahead of time to inform us of this change!!!!! If we would have been informed before we showed up at the hotel we could have packed appropriate attire for the more formal dress code at some if the Beaches restaurants. I would have considered postponing my trip if I had been give this information. What could have been an opportunity to spin this as a positive change and notify the guest that they were being relocated to another hotel and would be upgraded as a result was missed. This could have been a chance to turn this to a positive in the customers' experience but also reset their expectations before they left. Instead we were informed that we would be staying at a different type of resort when we arrived at the hotel.

This was not the vacation we wanted at all. I would question Sandals/Beaches/Grand Pineapple's commitment to customer service before booking at any of their properties if they elect not to contact their guests to notify them of such a significant change in their reservation. The amount of time elapsed between when the resort closed, they continued to allow reservations, and they did not bother to contact the guest demonstrate their disregard.

Stayed: September 2013
    24  Thank Hollyskis
    Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is truly disappointing to know that you had this experience with our brand. We always want to ensure that we’re offering the highest standard of customer service and your comments indicate that there is much room for improvement, especially within our communication process.

I have sent you a private message, so that our management team can get in contact with you and address your concerns. I hope that you will consider us for a future stay and give us the chance offer an experience that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We went after reading reviews of promises of in room alcohol non stop fun/ activities etc...well that was not so. I have never been to a resort where the bar shuts down. They were great drinks when they were open. It was nice to be met by the guard who gave us a hug and said welcome home. A+ The food was alright some nights better than usual. DO NOT go anywhere unless you like getting harassed constantly for drugs. Im on vacation from being a cop last thing I want is to be grabbed pulled aside to buy drugs. Thanks to the one security guard Phillip Reid for keeping drug dealers away...the other guard was literally sleeping. Negril was great for introducing us to Dave, Bonnie, Preston, and local Phillip. Was cheap trip some areas showed it. ..not everything is included like they say.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
    4  Thank deputyrobb

We're happy to read that your stay, overall, was quite enjoyable. We always strive to offer outstanding vacation experiences and anything less than perfect calls for improvement on our part. It seems we did not meet your expectations in a few areas of our service. We want to ensure that our future guests do not share the same experience. Therefore, your feedback will be sent to our General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Thank you for your review.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I neeed to get away and spent a week here 2-2013 . This place is small , the staff gets to know you quickly and responds to your needs. It's not a five star but is very laid back and comfortable. Food and drinks aren't top shelf but are adequate. Don't be afraid to try some of the local restaraunts and food stands for some variety. They're reasonable and are out of this world. We tried the jerk chicken from the place down he road by the mall. $5 U.S, - enough for both of us - what a treat. Same with the soup place down the other side. Just a little shack but the locals line up 10-15 deep all day. A cup of soup that's thick as stew for about 1.80 U.S. Massages are better than expected and reasonable. Wouldn't hesitate to go back. Only draw back is that it's a ride back and forth to the airport. But the transport company made best of that as well with a couple nice stops along the way. When do we go back?

Room Tip: We had the garden side which was very private but had to cross the road for bar/food. Midnight romatic swims in the pool! Feeding the peacocks which wander the grounds in the am while sipping fresh jamacan coffee and teas. BP dropping like a rock- watching the sun come up and go down from the veranda!!!! What a life- week went by way too fast- next time 10 days-2 weeks- Ocean side rooms looked great too and closer to beach, bar , food service
    • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
    5  Thank DSDUZER
    LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you and your wife had such a wonderful time visiting our resort. We hope that you return in near future!

Have a nice day.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I am reading the reviews and I am taken aback. The Grand Pineapple was my first choice because I read all the great reviews and it sounded like the type of small, intimate hotel we needed to relax and in. We booked our trip in March and counted the months. When we arrived on September 17th, we were told that they were closed for renovation. To their credit, they did put us up in a great resort, Beaches, and we had a great time. However, now I read that others were staying there. I wish they would have told us the truth, I would have considered giving them another try.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
    5  Thank SchatzieVa23231
    Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

We regret to read that you were somewhat disappointed about being upgraded to our sister resort. We certainly want to fulfill the needs of all of our guests and always want to create memorable vacations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused because of your move.

On a brighter note, I'm happy to hear that you were still able to enjoy a great vacation at Beaches. Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will visit us again in the future and experience either of our amazing properties.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We spent 8 nights at GP in March & booked to return next March for 10 nights. We have stayed @ Sandals Royal Caribbean & also Sandals Caryle & although we enjoyed both resorts we like the quaintness of GP. It's staff will always be it's best asset. Cottages are clean, have comfortable beds & lots of hot water. I consider myself a picky eater & had no complaints about the food. I prefer buffet style as opposed to a la carte. It was probably the first time I've had an omelette cooked to perfection. The staff quickly replenish empty dishes & are eager to please. If budget permits, it would be great if they would add a soft-serve ice-cream machine at the bar & also a small pizzeria/grill (like Sandals Montego Bay) in the open space next to the bar or on the garden side. This would be a much better fit & less expensive than adding an a la carte restaurant as rumoured.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
    10  Thank Shopgirl1955
    LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. I will be sure to forward your review to the managers. See you in March!
    Have a nice day.