“Relaxing”

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Negril
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The property was clean and kept up very well. The location was stunning! Right on the beach. The food was o.k. The staff was excellent! Jacqueline, Elliott, Sareen, and Conrad! Thanks for making my stay a good one. Hopefully I can return soon! Thanks guys!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank crelive
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your vacation with us. At Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts, we take pride in providing a friendly and relaxing environment for all of our guests. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff at Grand Pineapple Negril did just that. We hope to see you again in a near future.
Have a nice day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Polish first
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 November 2013

To the Grand Pineapple Management:

We spent a week in Negril in Feb, 2013 and our accommodations at a nearby resort were wonderful. Because of the Trip Advisor reviews, however, we decided to try something different and made reservations at Grand Pineapple arriving on Feb. 2, 2014. Can you please confirm when your renovations will be completed?

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank sher m
Renovations have been made. The changes are basically new in room colour scheme such as wall colour, new mats, new drapes and new bathroom lighting. We look forward to seeing you in february.
Have a nice day.
jamaica
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We have tried many years to stay at this hotel after hearing our friends rave of it but have never been able to do so until this October. Let me say we were very excited as it was just my partner and me for seven days..couldn't wait to get there!

Upon arrival at the airport we were informed that we were upgraded to Beaches. They were quite happy we were not. The Grand Pineapple was closed and had been for some time but that didn't stop them from deceiving us.

Don't get me wrong Beaches is great if you have a family in tow which at the age of 55 and 58 we don't. At one point my partner asked me if Elmo was following him. And the birthday parties were cute. For a 5 year old...

Thanks but that certainly is not what we planned or were expecting when we landed and weren't given any other choice. My hard earned money down the drain...

I suggest you ask if they are open before you book.

Room Tip: Ask if they are open before you book!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank tobywJamaica
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
We regret to read that you were not quite pleased with your upgrade to our sister resort. We certainly want to fulfill the needs of all of our guests and exceed your expectations when you visit our resorts. Please accept our apologies for this not being the case due to your move. Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will visit us again in the future and experience either of our amazing properties.
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel closed for 3+ weeks and we not notified until we arrived on 10/11. We booked on 9/22 and now after reviewing Trip Adviser I see that someone else also had this experience on 9/17, which means the hotel was already closed when I made my reservation. Yet they still accepted my full payment and did not notify us of any changes until we arrived at the hotel where a security guard informed us that it was closed and we would be staying at the Beaches resort instead. Grand Pineapple is part of Beaches/Sandals so this was a sister resort we were shipped off to.

We did a lot of research and ultimately selected Grand Pineapple because we were looking for something quaint, smaller and intimate, and more representative of the local area. Grand Pineapple is located within close proximity to local Negril attractions so we were looking forward to walking around town. We are not the type to stay on the resort where they are all the same and you miss out on the local flavor.

Beaches is a wonderful resort if that is the experience you are looking for, but a mega- resort is everything we did not want. They have been quite accommodating since we arrived, this is just not at all the vacation we were planning and looking forward to.

My low rating for Grand Pineapple and Sandals/Beaches brands is due to the complete lack of customer service when they failed to communicate that the hotel was closed and our reservation was changed to a hotel with a completely different atmosphere and experience than what we had booked.

Clearly they were aware of this change at the time we booked since the hotel was already closed then. In spite of that we were still allowed to make the reservation and pay in full. When we arrived they had us booked at Beaches instead and when we arrived at Beaches the explained Grand Pineapple was closed...., so they were clearly aware ahead of time of the circumstance. However, they did not call us ahead of time to inform us of this change!!!!! If we would have been informed before we showed up at the hotel we could have packed appropriate attire for the more formal dress code at some if the Beaches restaurants. I would have considered postponing my trip if I had been give this information. What could have been an opportunity to spin this as a positive change and notify the guest that they were being relocated to another hotel and would be upgraded as a result was missed. This could have been a chance to turn this to a positive in the customers' experience but also reset their expectations before they left. Instead we were informed that we would be staying at a different type of resort when we arrived at the hotel.

This was not the vacation we wanted at all. I would question Sandals/Beaches/Grand Pineapple's commitment to customer service before booking at any of their properties if they elect not to contact their guests to notify them of such a significant change in their reservation. The amount of time elapsed between when the resort closed, they continued to allow reservations, and they did not bother to contact the guest demonstrate their disregard.

Stayed September 2013
24 Thank Hollyskis
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is truly disappointing to know that you had this experience with our brand. We always want to ensure that we’re offering the highest standard of customer service and your comments indicate that there is much room for improvement, especially within our communication process.

I have sent you a private message, so that our management team can get in contact with you and address your concerns. I hope that you will consider us for a future stay and give us the chance offer an experience that exceeds your expectations.
WI
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We went after reading reviews of promises of in room alcohol non stop fun/ activities etc...well that was not so. I have never been to a resort where the bar shuts down. They were great drinks when they were open. It was nice to be met by the guard who gave us a hug and said welcome home. A+ The food was alright some nights better than usual. DO NOT go anywhere unless you like getting harassed constantly for drugs. Im on vacation from being a cop last thing I want is to be grabbed pulled aside to buy drugs. Thanks to the one security guard Phillip Reid for keeping drug dealers away...the other guard was literally sleeping. Negril was great for introducing us to Dave, Bonnie, Preston, and local Phillip. Was cheap trip some areas showed it. ..not everything is included like they say.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank deputyrobb
We're happy to read that your stay, overall, was quite enjoyable. We always strive to offer outstanding vacation experiences and anything less than perfect calls for improvement on our part. It seems we did not meet your expectations in a few areas of our service. We want to ensure that our future guests do not share the same experience. Therefore, your feedback will be sent to our General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Thank you for your review.

Happy Travels!
Buffalo NY
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I neeed to get away and spent a week here 2-2013 . This place is small , the staff gets to know you quickly and responds to your needs. It's not a five star but is very laid back and comfortable. Food and drinks aren't top shelf but are adequate. Don't be afraid to try some of the local restaraunts and food stands for some variety. They're reasonable and are out of this world. We tried the jerk chicken from the place down he road by the mall. $5 U.S, - enough for both of us - what a treat. Same with the soup place down the other side. Just a little shack but the locals line up 10-15 deep all day. A cup of soup that's thick as stew for about 1.80 U.S. Massages are better than expected and reasonable. Wouldn't hesitate to go back. Only draw back is that it's a ride back and forth to the airport. But the transport company made best of that as well with a couple nice stops along the way. When do we go back?

Room Tip: We had the garden side which was very private but had to cross the road for bar/food. Midnight rom...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DSDUZER
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril. We always want to ensure that our guests have a relaxing and satisfying stay with us and I'm glad you and your wife had such a wonderful time visiting our resort. We hope that you return in near future!

Have a nice day.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I am reading the reviews and I am taken aback. The Grand Pineapple was my first choice because I read all the great reviews and it sounded like the type of small, intimate hotel we needed to relax and in. We booked our trip in March and counted the months. When we arrived on September 17th, we were told that they were closed for renovation. To their credit, they did put us up in a great resort, Beaches, and we had a great time. However, now I read that others were staying there. I wish they would have told us the truth, I would have considered giving them another try.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank SchatzieVa23231
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
We regret to read that you were somewhat disappointed about being upgraded to our sister resort. We certainly want to fulfill the needs of all of our guests and always want to create memorable vacations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused because of your move.

On a brighter note, I'm happy to hear that you were still able to enjoy a great vacation at Beaches. Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will visit us again in the future and experience either of our amazing properties.