“Grand time at the Grand Pineapple” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Calgary
“Grand time at the Grand Pineapple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We could not be happier with our stay and wedding at the Grand Pineapple Negril. This is a friendly, clean, and uncomplicated resort with people who will go the extra mile to leave you smiling. The small size of the resort is a bonus for a number of reasons. First, you develop a relationship with the excellent staff. Second, the gorgeous beach is always right there. In fact everything is right there and convenient. We had nine guests in our wedding party and everyone had a great time. What more needs to be said?

I will say a bit more, however! We stayed on the beach side which was great and convenient. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the more peaceful garden side though. Overall, the food was very good and the theme nights were fun and unique. The only critique we can offer has nothing to do with the Grand Pineapple, but rather with Sandals (which owns G.P.). When planning our wedding with the Sandals people it was obvious that the communication was very broken up. Luckily, Sigourney at the G.P. managed to pull it all together and help deliver us a beautiful wedding package (with a little help from the perfect Jamaican weather we had!)

Special nod goes to Randeno who was especially fun and vibrant – a real professional. And to Courtney, or “Carver” who also helped make our stay very memorable. Honestly, the entire staff really worked hard to make our stay in Jamaica a memorable one. Thank you to all of you.

Room Tip: Garden side for peace and quiet. Beach side for more action and convenience.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Hashbrown101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

As someone who normally aims to stay at a large resort, I was a bit nervous about staying at Grand Pineapple, especially because it was my first trip to Jamaica. However, after reading the reviews on this property, I chose to book it and I am very glad that I did.

My first stay in Jamaica was PHENOMENAL. The resort is a small quaint place, but what really makes it worth while is the staff here. I am in Hospitality Sales and I have worked as a Restaurant GM previously, and I was highly surprised and impressed by the level of professionalism and kindness of the staff. They truly do cater to your every need.

We arrived only for a short stay, a Thursday - Sunday (November 14th - November 17th) and I wish I could have stayed longer. The food here is absolutely amazing!!!! I don't think I have ever eaten so much in my life. The only thing I was not thrilled about was the bees that seemed to flood the bar soda machine, but they didn't bother or sting any guests.This resort, although very small embodies superior service and staff. I was pleased to meet the General Manager, Mr. Alexander on several occasions as well.

On the final night there, my boyfriend had arranged a surprise beachside dinner for the two of us. It was better than I could have ever hoped for!! A complete 5 course meal with our own private table right next to the beach, complete with wine, champagne and a live band in the background. Our serve Conrad executed service perfectly, including serving and clearing from the proper sides of tables (yes i notice things like that).

My only wish is that I would have had the opportunity to visit the Spa.

I will definitely be returning to this resort and I highly recommend it.

~Ms. Corporate America 2013.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kimi H
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We really appreciate you posting about your amazing stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. It's very encouraging when guests post about how excellent our service was and how they enjoyed our comfortable, friendly environment. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it and we hope to see you both again in a near future.

Stoney Creek, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We were originally to stay at grand pineapple but were sent to Beach's instead no problem for us a we have been coming to negril for 20 plus years. Alexander pike made a personal visit to us on the beach to tell my wife happy birthday and helped me arrange a cabana for her special day. What a personal touch can't wait to return to grand pineapple in March. One last note Beach's negril is a top notch resort and we are thankful that it was chosen as are alternative.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dofasco
Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you had a great time at Beaches Negril. It seems your wife had a nice birthday vacation. Providing excellent customer service is very important to us and it is always our pleasure to serve. I will be sure to share your review with Alexander Pike, he will be very happy to read it. We can't wait to see you in March at Grand Pineapple Negril.
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Having heard about the VERY short notice closure of the Grand Pineapple for renovations last month (and at one point being advised that we were being moved to another resort), we were were not sure what to expect.
We need not have worried, the hotel had opened again 2 days before we arrived and all was well. We REALLY could have done without the stress & uncertainty though!
HOWEVER..we returned on November 13th from one of the best holidays we have been lucky enough to enjoy!
Largely due to a seemingly never-ending stream of nice people (and now friends) staying at the resort, the resort and staff were just perfect!
A relatively small resort, the Grand Pineapple has a very intimate and friendly atmosphere, where nothing seems too much trouble. The smiles are truly genuine, and you are made to feel completely at home from day one (not to mention the beautiful grounds and stunning beach 2 yards from the Bar).
The accommodation is perhaps a little tired, but is kept spotlessly clean by the maids, and to be honest only adds to the rustic / Jamaican vibe of the place :-)
We can't recommend the Grand Pineapple highly enough, and hope to return many, many times in the future.

Room Tip: Beachside would be our advice, simply due to the fact it's about 1 minute closer to the restaura...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Gary Y
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your review, Gary. We're delighted to read that you had such an amazing stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. We love to hear our guests boast about their amazing experiences and yours was truly one to remember. We hope to become your new vacation home for many years to come!
Telluride, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Just returned having stayed at GP November 2-9, and had an awesome time. First, the staff was great! Big thanks to Marvette, Vinton, Conrad and everyone else! The security guy on the beach, so sorry I spaced your name, was exceptional! The food, while not gourmet, was delicious and a great variety. My room was clean and housekeeping was top notch, especially for a slob like me. The beach was pristine, with plenty of shade trees and no lack of loungers.

Massage in the Spa was a splurge that I highly recommend.

As a solo traveler, I felt welcome by not only the staff, but the guests as well. This speaks well of GP that they attract great people. I only wish that I spoke German!

Already planning next April at Grand Pineapple and plan to book by the end of the week! Looking at a new countdown, 151 days!

Room Tip: Loved the beachside cottages, but try to be on the north side if the bass from Alfred's will bot...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank wanoyes
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. We always want to ensure that our guests are comfortable and entertained during their entire stay. We look forward to seeing you in April.
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed may 2013 and again Nov 3 thru the 8th 2013. They recently opened again on Nov 1. Thankfully because we didn't want to be transferred to Beaches... This is a small resort with employees who have huge hearts...from the front reception women,the cooks,bartenders, servers, groundskeepers the maids and of course the General Manager...everyone works together...A special Thank you to:Winston,Conrad,Vinton, Marvette, Jacqueline, Craig,Rohan,Joseph,Omar,Linval,Kevin,Christopher and Bevan... These employees are always smiling and enjoy their work... They will know by your name during your vacation and won't forget you...The beach seven miles of beauty, the food always amazing especially with the different theme nights and the locals who want to interact with you...Love and Respect to my extended Jamaican Family....Hope to see you all soon.

Scott & Lisa C.

• Stayed November 2013
10 Thank lisapcfl
Thank you so much for your great review! I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Pineapple Negril. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. I will be sure to share your review with our General Manager and staff, they will be very happy to read it. We hope to see you again. Have a nice day.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The property was clean and kept up very well. The location was stunning! Right on the beach. The food was o.k. The staff was excellent! Jacqueline, Elliott, Sareen, and Conrad! Thanks for making my stay a good one. Hopefully I can return soon! Thanks guys!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank crelive
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your vacation with us. At Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts, we take pride in providing a friendly and relaxing environment for all of our guests. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff at Grand Pineapple Negril did just that. We hope to see you again in a near future.
Have a nice day!