“Celebration”

and 1 more site!
Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #28 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great place, great staff! 6 of us went to celebrate a graduation, a new job, and an anniversary. The entire restaurant and bar staff was GREAT, but we really enjoyed Bethune, Vinton, Wainsworth, and Marvette. The rooms are a little old, but kept clean. Housekeeping is friendly and trustworthy. If something isn't working, just call the front desk. Someone will come by to fix it, and they are nice, too. The food was good and there's plenty. My favorite meal of the day was breakfast. Delicious omelettes, coffee, and fruit, but there was something for everyone at all the meals. After a few days, it gets a little repetitive, but I think that is typical of AI buffets.
The beach is beautiful, clear water and soft white sand. I was always able to get a seat in the shade. We went out twice with the guys next door, Captain Jack and Chad, on their glass-bottom boat and had a great time seeing the cliffs, going to Rick's Cafe, and snorkeling. Others went out with Captain Moses and we heard good things about that too. Yes, people do try to sell you things along the beach, but security doesn't let them come up close to the resort. When you're walking or running on the beach, just say no thanks. We did wish there was more to do at the resort. There was a ping pong table, but no ball. A pool table would be nice. We walked to Times Square Mall a few times, where there are touristy shops and an ATM; takes about 10 minutes Right across the street is Shamrock market, a convenience store. Cash only, but the guy is friendly and the prices are reasonable. Note to the local government--pick up the trash more frequently from the residences surrounding the resorts.
All in all, we had a great time and would go back, mostly because of the staff and good value. You don't have to, but tip a little if you can!

Room Tip: Take a big, refillable mug with you that you can use for coffee or bar drinks.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Debbbby

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Grand Pineapple for three days from 6\4-6\7\14. As expected it is a budget AI however I feel there is some room for improvement.
Check-in: fast and efficient
Room: Adequate and clean. My safe couldn't close. And my bathroom could have used some new grout work. I stayed on the beach side and was very close to the bar and dining area. No noise from Alfred's at all. I'm glad I read previous reviews to bring an extension cord as it was necessary.
Food: The best dishes on the resort were the local Jamaican dishes. Please stick to local dishes. No one goes to Jamaica to eat Mexican or Italian food.
Drinks: overall pretty good and not watered down. The one thing that bothered me was every day they ran out of something..... One day it was Peach schnapps the next day blue Curacao then for 2 days no bananas. Seriously this needs to be worked on.the redeeming factors of the bar were Marvette, Joseph and Vinton. All very good bartenders but the standout was Vinton. He is one of the best bartenders I have ever met. Extremely efficient, friendly and has such a great work ethic to be so young. Kudos to him.
Beach and pool: both very clean and big. The beach is gorgeous with plenty of shade and chaises.

The property overall is well kept and clean. I stayed in a beach side cottage on the top floor. One note to management is that painted concrete when wet, is an accident waiting to happen. My last day there I fell down an entire flight of stairs because I slipped on the painted concrete stairs. This happened right in front of the bar and not one staff member came over to see if I was OK but another kind guest did. Oddly enough the same guest told me he has lost his footing several times as well. Please put some traction strips on the stairs so no one else gets hurt.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank trinionli
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Well it's almost been a week since we've gotten back and I do miss it. I knew this was a budget AI and we've been to the big boys before so we tempered our expectations. For the price, this place simply cannot be beat.

The good:
- As returning guests we were given a room upgrade right away, a nice spot near the beach.
- The room was clean and nice, not fancy but who hangs out in their room anyway?
- The buffet style got a little old after a week, but it was just fine. Nothing all that great, just average which again was as expected.
- The beach and water was amazing as everyone here said. Plenty of lounge chairs to be had on both sides of the beach, plenty of shade and sun as desired.
- Friendly boat operators next door. Captain Moses was a real treat as he took us snorkeling. The price is definately negotiable...get a few other couples to fill his boat and he'll drop the price.
- Fantastic security. You get bugged constantly from locals walking the beach, but security never let them get too close and quickly got them moving along.
- Marvette, best bartender once you realize she isn't a morning person LOL.

The bad:
- All the drinks were syrupy. Little to no fresh fruit, made for some sick stomachs at times and long days in the bathroom.
- Not much to do on the resort.
- Some of the bartenders had no idea what they were doing. The drinks and are listed on signs all around the inside of the bar, and they were often looking to see what to mix. They lost a ton of money as we had to dump so many poorly made drinks.

All and all a fantastic trip. Best $2,000 I've spent in some time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank kevin m
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am a regular visitor to the Grand Pineapple. This visit in March was the first after Mr Pike, good friend and excellent manager, had been promoted. His successor, Lancelot Lebert and Sigourney Smith have taken up where he left off and are doing a magnificent job. There have been some changes and all for the better I look forward to future visits and to what they can do. I was honoured to be asked to participate in the Prestige Awards and loved every minute of it. It's wonderful to see such hard working people being rewarded.

I did visit Negril in May and was greeted with open arms when I walked up the beach to visit my friends. Things don't get better than this. See you in October.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank 1mackem
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your vacation with us. At Grand Pineapple Negril, we take pride in providing a friendly and relaxing environment for all of our guests. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff did just that :0)
Your second home is waiting for you! See you in October.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Grand Pineapple is an amazing place with the best staff and service. We all had a wonderful time and plan to go back at our first opportunity.The 3 best staff members, however, are Vinton, Waynesworth, and Joseph. Waynesworth is hilarious and does awesome work with a smile with everything he does. His good attitude put every day off to a good start. Joseph is also wonderful and pours good drinks efficiently as well as working his butt off all day with a smile. When things needed doing, he was always on top of it (even when they were briefly short on people). He even made us a special going away concoction that was amazing. As for Vinton, I do not know his position but he should receive a pay raise and promotion. he does a magnificent job as a bartender ensuring that everyone has drinks even at the busiest of times. He never once needed to be reminded we like lime in our gin and tonic and he often pours a new drink before you can tell him your glass is empty. The point being, Vinton is an incredible employee.

The McFarquhars
(May 22 - May 30 2014 (Rm 1 and rm 10)

Room Tip: There are peafowl in the garden side and they are very vocal. I think they are really cool.They roos...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sine N

Thank you for your excellent review of Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm glad you had such an amazing vacation with us. I'll be sure to send this post to our staff. They all will be happy to see your review.
We hope to see you again.
Have a nice day.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I always book half of my stay in Negril at Grand Pineapple.I stayed April 27th through May 3rd...I love the staff, the location and the food is good!..I tend to wander off resort daily and the location of the Grand Pineapple is perfect for this..great places to check out all up and down the beach!..I too had an issue with my room this trip..I had to stay in one of the manor rooms for two nights even though I had booked a beach side cottage.. I asked to be credited for a future trip and was told that is not possible..So I ended up getting a small credit for the overpriced souvenir shop..($15.00 us for a small bottle of eye drops). However, I would Highly recommend this resort for anyone..Singles, Couples, or Groups!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank muzikdoc
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your return stay at Grand Pineapple Beach and had a great time exploring the surrounding area. We do apologize if there was an issue with your room assignment and we will let our resort management team follow up in this matter.
We truly look forward to welcoming you back for an even better time!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just returned from my 9th or 10th stay (I lost track) at Grand Pineapple from May 17 to 24th. Every year it just seems to get better. There are too many names to name for excellent service, you have seen them all in other reviews. I will just add my agreement that the entire staff is wonderful. The returning guest dinner was exceptionally nice. The new security company seems to be doing a great job on the beach. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Marti3036

Thank you for your review of Grand Pineapple Beach!
We loved hearing about your fantastic stay and how much our staff has positively impacted your many visits with us. The wonderful memories you shared of your time with us are the perfect motivation! We look forward to having many more incredible experience with you in the future!