Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Hotels.com
US$164
US$123
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$166
US$148
US$279
US$217
Travelocity
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewscrossing guardscaptain mosespineapplesmall resortgift shopgrilled cheesereturning guestsstocked fridgebuffet stylebottle of rumkerry annsecurity staffpaddle boardspool sideglass bottom boatnew friendslaid back
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at Grand Pineapple for 1 week. June 8th - June 15th.

Pros -
1. Amazing and friendly staff. Our servers, and most of the staff went above and beyond to make our stay accomodating. We were travelling with a 4 month old baby boy, and everyone loved him.

2. Grounds are well kept and I can't say enough of the beautiful beach which was cleaned daily. Security was tight, and kept the sellers at bay.

3. The food despite it being one restaurant and a buffet was tasty, and had a good variety of North American food and Jamaican food. (what was in season)

4. Drinks were tasty and not weak at all. Mind you, we tipped the bartender generously, so perhaps that made a difference in the quality of the drinks.

Cons -
1. A fridge should be standard in every room, but we paid $60 to have a stocked fridge for the week, which they stock only once. (4 juice, 4 small bottles of water, 4 coke, 4 diet coke, 4 red stripe, a bottle of wine, and a bottle of rum) We had a baby with us, and I didn't like to have to fork out extra cash to have a fridge for a week in order for us to keep his formula cold.

2. You have to pay for Wifi, and it's expensive!!! $45 for the week or $15 for 24 hours. We just needed it to be able to communicate with some friends who were coming the following week, but I felt nickel and dimed by having to again pay extra for stuff at an "all inclusive" resort.

3. The first room we were given was on the garden side and the bathtub leaked, the closet door was broken, and the room was dark. However, we did mention it to Lancelot,(manager) and he upgraded our room at no extra charge and even put us on the beach side. Which we appreciated but also leads me to con #4.

4. On two of the nights, there was a huge music event at Alfreds which is right next door. I was awoken at about 10:30 pm to the sound of heavy beats, and it was LOUD!!!! I couldn't sleep, and I was so tired I was in tears. They wrapped it up by about 1am. If you are on the garden side, apparently you can't hear it, but if you are on the beach side, there is no getting around it. This is of course no fault of GP, though they should tell their guests that it at times can get noisy at nights.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. They clearly need to make some improvements. (fridges in the room, free wifi, electrical outlets in the bathrooms) but what they lack, they do try to make up in service. I give them 3 stars....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank squishysgirl
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Here we go...
JUST got back from 8 nights at the Grand Pineapple Beach Resort.
I literally was emotional leaving this place. I am in awe of the staff, the attitudes, and the value here......IF you didnt like it... I am not sure what to say... but here goes the review...
WE ( a group of 9 ladies from Kentucky, yes, we are crazy..) booked through FunJet vacations in August of 2013. I researched resorts for months, trying to decide what would fit our needs. After checking reviews, forums, and chatting with returning guests, we all decided on GPB, Beachside Manor rooms.
I started to email the resort, Ms.Sigourney Smith (Asst Mgr) to be specific, and stayed in touch until approximately 3-4 weeks prior to our arrival, making sure the booking had no issues, and we would all be close together. Four rooms were booked, so I knew it could get tricky.
She answered me every time, and assured everything was good to go.
On June 11th, we arrived in MoBay, quickly breezed through customs, and met our friend and driver Trevor, (He is the only person I choose to drive anywhere, and has been taking my family all over Jamaica for over 10 years). We went to Scotchies for lunch and headed to Negril.
Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted with smiles and hugs. All of the information, and paperwork was prepared and ready for us. Then there was a glitch...one of the ladies in our party, somehow was left out of the booking. Yes, I realize that sounds crazy... but here is what happened.. she booked with FunJet 3 months after we did, and paid for the airfare and was never told anything different, she was even sent the paperwork for the room... everything looke as it should be..She has NEVER traveled anywhere and just assumed she would be "sharing" a room....well guess what? she wasnt technically booked ....Ms. Sigouney Smith, turned a potential disaster into a "NO Problem" mishap. She worked it out, the balance was negotiated and just put on a card... and we went up to the Beachside Manor rooms... ALL connected. Perfect.
*Rooms-- we were in the Beachside Manor rooms are right above the gift shop, and the offices, all connected to a shared balcony, like a standard hotel. they have been painted, and "perked" up. Beachside Cottages are a bit closer, and adorable, Gardenside across the street, and you would have to walk a ways to the beach, some people like that... I am happy with where we stayed, very happy.
Pay attention here.... THEY NEED UPDATING.... new tile, caulking, vanities, some furniture, and definetely matresses.... YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR SANDALS OR SECRETS... (I wanted to point that out early)...I visit Sandals MoBay every february with my husband, and LOVE that resort ... trust me when I say, we pay much more... and ALL hotels need updating!!!!! Its the caribbean.. the weather with humidity is hard on these resorts...and GP is not new by any means... they are working on it, give it time...the rooms are kept clean, very clean, daily, and has cold a/c. If you need something, just ask.. we needed extra towels, easy to get them, by asking. My only request that could be changed...There are no refrigerators in the room.. I knew this going in, so I puchased one for the week upon arrival. $60.00 stocked with juice, water, beer, wine ( I requested more beer, no wine) and sodas. $40.00 not stoocked. We refilled the fridge, by simply walking across the street to the Shamrock Store. $1.40 per Red Stripe. Cheap.
*Grounds-- Beautiful, manicured daily, and new sidewalks were being put in during our stay. Flora and Fauna, all that and more....
*Food-- I have NO complaints... I gained 7 lbs... yeah I know..... I think for a small AI, the food was great... I loved international night the most.. one afternoon, my niece was hungry before lunch was served, and I simply asked if we could get anything, one bartender said no not yet... Kerri-Ann, from the desk walked by and I asked her about it ..she looked puzzled...and stated "of course you can"... So burgers and fries were ordered....AGAIN... ask. If you are a "late Night" snacker... then you may have a problem.. nothing really available after 10:30pm.... so my suggestion.... the store has chips, snacks... or bring some.. or just go next door to Alfreds...or the jerk chicken stand across the street.. they serve late... the dining staff, Bethune ( my sweetie), Jaqueline, Kevin, CiCi, and many more... always smiling, accomodating, genuinely care. We miss them.
*Beach-- Simply gorgeous.... clear, amazingly beautiful. the beach is cleaned up daily, and we stayed there from 10am to 5pm everyday... if you love the beach you will be in heaven here....
Ther are peddlers. IT IS on a public beach... there is a fence line, on each side, to a certain point, with signs posted..... you dont want to be bothered? stay behind the fence line... Security works hard to keep them away.. Thank you Denis and Damian... we loved these guys.. actually hung out with them a bit... great people. They are there for your safety. Use them. if you are leaving the area, they will write your names down, so everyone is accounted for...very nice.
Now there is Gilbert the yelling homeless man... he stays on the public stretch and walks by cussing ... up and down the beach... he never harmed any one, but it is annoying as heck.
Security will keep him away from you. Then there is the dog issue..... My heart is broken... the dogs are on the beach, sweet playful, hungry and thirsty. You cant do a thing about it. I know this, but I AM an animal lover esspacially dogs... so any comments about "dogs attacking", is ludacris. They did nothing, but want to be petted.. and maybe a scrap of food. AGAIN, the security will run them off... I just walked next door to Alfreds and played with them...
*EXCURSIONS--We took a couple trips with Captain Moses Boat tours right next door, and had a BLAST! Rasta Lobsta and Anthony are amazing, and took great care of us, they are a couple of young kids, (20ish) and made it perfect! ...DO the One Love Bus Bar Crawl... best money Ive ever spent... I promise..Lenbert is great, you will visit several "real" Jamiacan bars, and have the time of your life.. Courtney a.k.a "Carver" sits on the beach and makes beautiful things, at a reasonable price, he is a very sweet man, and made us a gorgeous plaque that says "Sunshine Girls", (everyone said we brought the sun with us , haha) check out his items.
*Bar-- I dont understand the comments about "weak drinks" and "waiting"... I realize we there in June, but this was never and issue at anytime. we had to ask the to lighten up some of the drinks.. LOL, not even kidding...Beer was always cold, eveb for draft... and its Red Stripe and Red Stripe light... so get used to it.. ...Marvette!!!! IS THE BEST!!!!! I absolutely get why she was employee of the year... she absolutely deserves it...Vinton, a close second, Ghavri, SheMarie, Joseph... loved all of them...
we were SOOOO not ready to leave...it started raining, and the joke was, we were taking the sun.... LOL, we got a kick out of it.... we hugged everyone, and hated the idea of not seeing all these wonderful people for a while.... Sigourney and the Manager, Lancelot, (amazing guy... )literally helped us take our luggage to the van, and personally gave us "goodbyes", or as they say "Soon Come Back", very special...... Listen, if you want Sandals 5 Star, or Secrets, or Couples, or even Half Moon or Jamiaca Inn.... then pay for it... if you want a clean room, good drinks, good food, a beautiful environment, and peace and comfort at an affordable price??? Come here... you will not be dissapointed... if perfection is what you are looking for.. then get it elsewhere..this is a no frills resort... and I love it. BUT, you will miss out on memories, friendship, laughs and love. I am already looking to book next year.....
any questions?... PM me... I will help in any way I can.... #OneLove

Room Tip: Beachside.... unless you really want away from it all.. total quiet (minus the peacocks)... we slept fine...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
27  Thank thetravellingypsy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I went in June with a group of 9 women for a girls only trip. We had a blast! The staff was great, our favorites were Marvette, Conrad(CeCe), and Vinton. The rooms were very basic, definitely need to be updated but they were fine. I think they need to put a fridge in the rooms and just charge extra for beer instead of $60 for a fridge in the room. I had trouble with my wifi the second day there and it was slow the rest of the time. I loved the beach, it was very nice but the harassment from the Jamaicans get to be very annoying, we sat up closer to the water so if you can't stand being haggled id say stay back towards the hotel. We met awesome people from Captain Moses glass bottom boat. Anthony took care of us the entire time we were there, we loved him. Rosta Lobsta was fun and sweet and very cool. I didn't like that you couldn't get food whenever you wanted and you had to beg for a burger and fries instead of the buffet. But the buffet food was AWESOME! Overall we had a good stay for the money we paid.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review. Sounds like you had an amazing time with your friends. I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable. We always want to ensure that our guests are comfortable and entertained during their entire stay. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We hope to see you all again.
Have a nice day.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was my 2nd time to Negril, but my first time staying at the Grand Pineapple. Me and my best friend stayed here and really enjoyed ourselves. Security was awesome in many ways for 2 girls alone in Negril. Security made sure we made it back to the resort every night we went out for the evening to check out the local happenings. Our safety was in there best interest. They also kept vendors on the beach from being to overwhelming!

The food was a buffet style for every meal, but was good and had variety. We loved all the fresh fruit, fish, pineapple juice, and salad combinations.

They only had one bar, but service and drinks were excellent! Bartenders were friendly and willing to take your order. They even would over hear me talking about what drink I wanted and before I even had a chance to order it was already in front of me. They pay close attention to what you like to drink.

The rooms were average sized and the beds were comfy! We had a room oceanside with 2 double beds. The room had bright colors through out and plenty of room to put away your belongings. Air conditioner was nice and cold. Housekeeping was great at getting the sand out of our beds. A few times or maybe more we came in late and had been swimming in the dark. We had maybe 2 many cocktails and went to bed with sand all over us. Oh well, Good times! We also liked our balcony with table for just getting up in the morning and having coffee.

The reception desk was always helpful at answering our questions and making local phone calls for our scheduled tours.

We didn't relax to much which we regret because that is why we took the vacation in the first place. At the resort I did get the best massage of my life. It was absolutely wonderful. This is a must do!

Tour 1: Ours tours started with a catamaran snorkeling cruise to Rick's Cafe with all you can drink. Ouch!! I think we took that too seriously! When we got to Rick's cafe we had a drink then jumped off the high part of the cliff. Stupid thing to do! We could've died. My friend hit the water so hard with her butt that the length of her legs were covered in huge bruises and her tail bone still hurts. Not good! The overall Catamaran cruise was super fun and I would definitely recommend it.

Tour 2: We took the glass bottom snorkeling boat right on the 7 mile beach. That was also a blast and I recommend it. If you want to drink anything you have to supply it. We went snorkeling and went to Booby Cay island to check that out. Super Fun!

Tour 3: Mayfield falls is a must! It took about 1 hour to get there and then you spend about 2 hours there. It was amazing and beautiful. Our tour guide was the best! He helped us along every rock and waterfall. Make sure you bring a waterproof camera! They also have someone taking pictures along the way so when your finished you can buy the disc with pictures.

Tour 4: One Love Bus Tour _ Another must do! There is no cost for this tour. The tour consists of people from different resorts being taken to local Negril bars and drinking then getting back on the bus for the next stop. So you will need money for drinks and a tip for a great tour driver. The tour lasts about 2 hours.

Other visited places: Margaritaville, Las Vegas Bar, Bourbon Beach bar, Rockhouse restaurant and bar, local market souvenir shopping, Alfred's bar next door, jerk chicken stand on street, and resort gift shop.

I can't wait to get back to Negril to see all my new friends and it's only been a 10 days since I left. Thanks Grand Pineapple for you superb hospitality! We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Definitely pick a room oceanside and not across the street. We actually never even made it across the street. We were the 3rd set of rooms back which was perfect for sleeping because you still woke up to the view of the ocean, but didn't hear the loudness of the occasional bands playing at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank GirlluvsNegril
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great place to relax and enjoy Negril. Great people. Absolutely the best staff and service ever. Hat's off to every one of them. Felt like old time friends after being there a couple of days. Great food and drinks. Passed and exceeded all expectations of a smaller AI hotel with access to as many opportunities for exploring the area or lounging on one of the most awesome beaches in the world. Thoroughly enjoyed reggae entertainment, which included some GP staff at times. Great security always watching out for you. And, for snorkeling, visiting Booby Cay, seeing the caves, going to Rick's Cafe, or any other trip you would like to take, Capt. Jack's Ocean King crew cannot be beat. They make sure that everything is taken care of and that all their guests have to do is enjoy. In fact, that seems to be the goal of the GP NEGRIL, and the reason we will be returning:)
R&B

• Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank GIRLSFROMTEXAS

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm so glad that we were able to exceed your expectation and make this an amazing experience for you. At Grand Pineapple Resorts, we take pride in providing a friendly and relaxing environment for all of our guests. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff at Grand Pineapple Negril did just that. I will be sure to share your review with our General Manager and staff.
We hope to see you again.
Have a nice day.