“I am NEVER Disappointed”

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I love the Grand Pineapple! We have stayed with them on previous visits to Negril so satisfy that home away from home feel. The grounds are beatiful and the staff is very welcoming. Our entire group of 17 was pleased with their stay and plan to return in 2015. If you want 5-Star please pay for that. Grand PineApple is just enough especially for the price you pay! Nothing to fancy but I never have the feeling that I am cheating myself.
Wonderful Job Grand Pineapple!!!

1  Thank Misha24
LeticiaA17, Manager at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you so much for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril! I'm so glad that we were able to meet your expectations and make this an amazing experience for you and your friends.
Come back to your second home soon! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My time at the Grand Pineapple resort in Negril was my first introduction to Jamaica. I wanted to find an all-inclusive hotel which did not include the crowds, queuing and a general overwhelming feeling. The Grand Pineapple certainly is that place!

The rooms are a great size, most of them are complete with their own secluded balcony area and are designed in such a way that there is no noise disturbance from adjoining rooms. They are kept immaculately clean with the added bonus of fluffy towels and fresh, clean sheets.

The food was fantastic with a great choice of delicious, healthy options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Whilst seated drinks could be ordered from the bar area and were brought to the table. These included soft drinks and alcoholic beverages as well as house wine with evening meals. The restaurant was light and airy and there were always more than enough tables for the number of guests staying at the hotel.

The bar was located next to the beach making it easy to obtain beverages. There was a self-service drinks machine where sodas and water could be obtained, also tea and coffee was available at all times.

The beach was amazing, such calm, clear water and plenty of sun-beds right next to the water.

The above review of course would not have been possible without the dedicated, friendly team of staff working at the hotel and to each and every member of staff I would like to say a heartfelt 'thank you'. I have never stayed at an all-inclusive hotel due to the fact that they seem to overwhelming in size but everything about the Grand pineapple was just perfect.

Room Tip: Opt for a beachside cottage style room.
6  Thank fanUae

Thank you so much for your great review of Grand Pineapple Negril. I'm glad that we were able to provide excellent service and excitement for everyone in your family. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. We are always delighted to know that we met our standard as well as your expectations by offering amazing customer service in a fun and relaxing environment. We hope to see you all again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My sister and I stayed at the GP July 22-29. This was our second visit to this resort; we were there three years ago. We had a great time the last time and a fantastic time this time. The hotel workers are amazing, kind, and take great pride in their hotel. I've been vacationing in Jamaica for over 20 years and I can tell you not every hotel personnel takes such pride. Check-in was a breeze. It took all of 15 minutes. Since we were repeat visitors, we received gold wrist bands. I thought it meant that we would get special privileges, but they just had a "special" welcome back dinner. If the general manager is reading this, please consider giving repeat guests a stocked refrigerator as a gift, since there are no refrigerators in the rooms.

We stayed in the cottage closest to the beach and buffet. I was happy to see the rooms have been semi renovated, walls painted. The rooms are dated but housekeeping does an outstanding job of keeping everything clean. The last time that I stayed, there were tiny ants everywhere, so I came prepare with two cans of bug spray. Luckily I didn't need it, I only saw two bugs the entire week.

Since this is a small resort, there is only one resort, the buffet. There were plenty of choices, but the food was just average and bland. The last time I was there, I remembered the food being seaso ed and pretty good. I guess I need to lose weight anyway, but I didn't because the drinks were so good.

The beach is pure heaven, extremely calm and gentle enough for a non swimmer like myself. I stayed on the beach for hours each day. I just couldn't get enough of the crystal clear warm water. This part of the seven mile beach has plenty of shade since the natural trees have been left intact. We never had a problem with finding a lounger. If you know anything about Jamaica the beaches are public therefore there are many hagglers. Sometimes you can great deals like lobster for $7 or beef or chicken patties for $1.50, or coconut candy for a buck. If hagglers bothers you, Jamaica may not be the place for you. I feel it adds character to the atmosphere.

Since I've been to Jamaica so many times, there is not too much that I haven't seen. I did take a tour of YS Falls, Black River Safari, and Rick's Cafe. My sister and I and a few other guests took a private tour company. The price of tours given by the hotel is outrageous! Kevin of kevineasytours.com is absolutely phenomenal!!! His prices are reasonable, he's patient, and courteous, and very knowledgeable. A true professional!

My favorite thing about this resort are the workers and the guests! Becausr this is such a small resort you have the opportunity to meet loads of people from not only the US but all ovet the world.I love hearing everyone's interesting stories. I have no plans to stay at another mega resort.

Thanks Grand Pineapple for making my vacation memorable.

Room Tip: Beach side rooms are next to Alfred's where live bands play several times a week, so if you'...
3  Thank dxxldiva

We are so thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable vacation with us. It's great that we were able to meet your expectations the second time around. Your vacation seemed to be an amazing one and I'm glad we were able to be a part of your experience. We appreciate your feedback, it's always very important to know what our guests think and have to say about the resort. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you and sister again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed there for 7 nights. The food is incredible!! The staff such as Vinton, gharvi, Joseph and much more make you feel very welcomed as if you were home. Smokey Joe which is right next to the resort makes the best Jerk chicken ever for only $5.00. There's also Captain Moses on the beach which if you bargain he'll take u sight seeing on his boat on to a island to eat fresh lobster. The resort itself is not so big but is definitely a place to go to if you like relaxation. The best part is you can walk the beach and find nice bars,restaurants and lounges. If you want free wifi all you have to do is go next door to Alfred's and put negril123. I had so much fun and met so many nice people on the beach. Thursday nights is ladies night at The Jungle night club. You can either walk or take the dollar cabs. The dollar cabs are the cars on the road that are always honking at u. The Jungle has 2floors and is very nice. The cool part is at the pool you can order cheeseburgers and beers and they will bring it to you. Red stripe is the number one beer. Ask Vinton to make u sensation drink. It's his own mix and it's delicious. Also, wild thing is the best ever.

Room Tip: For me any room is nice but if you want to be near the beach and bar and Buffett then get the room b...
4  Thank Jsoler511
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I would go back, this is a taste of old Jamaica. If you want to experience Jamaica this is the place. Friendly people, Staff and guest. we met some very nice people. It is a no frills resort but overall it is a GEM

Room Tip: I stayed on he gardenside. I would recomend the beachside. you have to cross a main road to get to...
1  Thank Lucille A
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Grand Pineapple in February 2014 with 10 other people, it was a very nice place. We stayed on the beach side, which was much better than the garden side. Our room was so close to the restaurant, bar and beach, which made it very easy to hook up with all our friends. Housekeeping was great, as well as the employees at the check in desk, some bartenders were friendlier than others, restaurant staff was great.The one thing we were upset with was the Funjet shuttle to the resort, never again-what a mess! We waited at the airport for 2 hours and then it took another 2 1/2 hours to get to our resort because they had to drop people off at five different places before ours and the driver was terrible. I would stay here again, but I would take a private transfer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Deltadh
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This place is a smaller unusual GEM. It is nestled on Negril s 7 mile beach. Its no Sandals even though its owned by Sandals however it worth its value . Small 2 level rooms , a little outdated but yet adequate. The grounds are basic but yet homely . . Dining area and bar are quite nice leading down to 1 of the best beaches in the carribean. Overall, wonderfull staff, really great people ! Traditional Jamaican is limited but visitors will be happy with the menu. Really nice place and did I mention the beautiful beach

Room Tip: Ask for beach side. Hotel continues across the street.
6  Thank RickyMyrie