“would do it again in a heart beat!”

Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing
Ranked #17 of 58 things to do in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Off shore fishing. 1/2, 3/4 And Full day Charters. 1/2 Day charter sharing available. Scuba Diving including PADI certification. Sunset Cruises. Snorkeling and Glass bottom boat trips.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

went out on the Lucky Strike with Jacko as our captain and Tony was our first mate.
one of my favourite adventures from our 2 weeks in negril, and i'd do it again when we return.
i would request the same crew for sure! the captain was very thorough and kind.
the first mate tony worked his but off! we caught 7 fish that day! he did everything to help us catch all the fish, Tony made the experience! my only regret is i didn't have more money to tip him, he was awesome. after we caught the fish they brought us back to shore and fillet them right up on the boat for us so we could take what we caught back to the resort and have it cooked for us that night for dinner.
everything was memorable about that trip! would recommend it to everyone!

2  Thank Stacey S

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We did the Sunset Cruise twice while away because once just isn't enough. We stayed at Azul Sensatori in Negril and used this service and the staff is fabulous - we loved Martin, Robert, Djayne (sp?) and Captain Jacko. They made a fabulous cruise even better. 3 hours and you sail along 7 mile beach to the caves where you get to take a swim into the caves. My 7-year old can't stop talking about how awesome that was! And then sail past Rick's cafe, and watch the sunset from the boat. We also saw dolphins, it was absolutely breathtaking! If you miss this experience while in Negril, you are missing out! It's truly the best!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My family and I went on the trip to Jamaica and stayed at the Riu Tropical Bay in Negril. We spoke with a travel agent at the resort and she set my uncle and I up to fish with Stanley's on March 14th. We woke up at 6am and the driver picked us up a half hour late. We then got to Stanley's and had to wait another half hour just to get on the boat. We were supposed to fish for close to 5 hours but it ended up being about only 3 because of all the time that was wasted away by waiting around. We then got on the boat and the deckhand put the lines down shortly after we got away from shore. He claimed it was close to 1000 feet not far from shore, but these guys had no idea what they were talking about. They did not even use down riggers and the lures that they used were bouncing on top of the water about 40 feet behind the boat. I don't know about anyone else, but I have never seen anyone catch a fish with a topwater bait on the open ocean. This fishing charter was a joke and I couldn't even call it a fishing charter...more like a napping charter. My uncle and I slept in the cabin for about two and a half out of the three hours we fished. There were 7 people on board and not one of us caught a fish. We did not have anything hit the topwater bait and no one even got out of their chairs to touch a rod and reel. I could not believe the amount of carelessness that the people operating the boat had as well. It did not seem like they were trying to catch any fish at all. Once they had your money, there was no incentive to try and catch any fish. Their depth finder and fish finder were "broken" as well. This charter was by far the worst fishing trip
I have ever been on and I will never fish with Stanley's again. I have never been skunked on a fishing trip in the ocean before, and if you want to go deep sea fishing but not catch anything then I guess Stanley's would be a good choice! ABSOLUTE JOKE! I paid $140 for a 3 hour nap. I could have done that on the beach in a chair for free!

5  Thank Weston7876
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I normally do not write reveiws, but I saw a few negatives, so wanted to reply with my experience. We went on a trip just this past week, Tuesday, March 11, 2014, on the larger boat, Head First.

I have been on many charter fishing trips around the world, so I know what to expect. This was my girlfriends first time on a trip like this.
Everything about this trip was great. We were picked up right on time, the mate and the captain were great guys (I sure wish I could remember their names). We had a great trip, caught 5 tuna and 3 mahi on the 4 hour trip. Which is a lot, for only 2 people. I highly recommend them, I can not say a single bad thing about this trip. If you are hesitating booking anything because of a few bad reviews, do not even think twice about it. Most of the bad reviews appear to be from people who are not experienced at all.

I want to thank you guys for making it a great trip for us.

3  Thank Matt N
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great experience renting a boat and watching the sunset on the beach with the dolphins swimming in the background. I would highly recommend this to anyone staying nearby and looking for some fun on the beach action.