“Exciting experience”

Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing
Ranked #16 of 58 things to do in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Off shore fishing. 1/2, 3/4 And Full day Charters. 1/2 Day charter sharing available. Scuba Diving including PADI certification. Sunset Cruises. Snorkeling and Glass bottom boat trips.
Plainview, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Exciting experience”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I went two times,late April 2014 and early May 2014. April trip the seas were a little rough but we did manage to catch a few tuna, not big but at least we all caught one or more. Really a fun and friendly outing. Stanley's crew really are picky about keeping the boat clean and that I like. They cleaned our fish after the trip which was a good thing and packaged them in plastic so we could carry them back with us to our resorts. Second trip was very smooth seas and again a good bunch of people to fish with. Looked like we were not going to catch anything even though we had the opportunity to see a number of giant whales close by our boat. Late in our trip we started hitting some schools of tuna feeding under the birds and again we all caught at least one in the 4-8 lb. range. The captain stayed with these schools well past our time to come in so we all had a chance to catch something, which I thought was very nice. Overall, I would have liked to catch something big but fishing is fishing. I have fished all my life and I know that guides can put you on the fish but they can't open their mouths. Stanley's is a well run operation seems to me and I would go out with them again.

3 Thank Lewis S

• Polish first
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant experience”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have spent two weeks at the Azul Sensatori Resort in Negril next to Stanley's. Having been disappointed and let down with the trips Thompson provide we got talking to Martin from Stanley's. The guys here are very friendly and brilliant at what they do. We have been bottom fishing, sailing, snorkelling and the sunset cruise, all were really well organised and definately good value for money. we would highly recommend them to anyone. We ended up booking onto the sunset cruise for a second time. This is a brilliant trip to take in all the sites and swim into the cave used in James Bond Dr No. You can also jump off at Ricks Cafe if you dare. After this they turn the music up and have a dance around and a party on the back of the boat with some rum punch before watching the sunset. Martin and the rest of the team have been hilarious, we can't fault them!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank HeidiRenton
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Must do in Negril”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was the highlight of my trip to Jamaica (next to my wedding)! My brother arranged a bachelor party day of fishing with Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing. We had 11 guys that all had a blast! There were 2 instances where 3 guys were reeling in fish at the same time! We all caught fish and many different types tuna, and some big ones. These guys were amazing from the time they picked us up in a private shuttle from our hotel, to the time we were dropped back off. They even had food and drinks for us on the boat. We had a great time with them, and they made our trip to Jamaica that much better. Thanks guys, you rule! RESPECT MON!!!!!

3 Thank Ryan K
Sarnia, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Love Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Let me just start with stating that I love fishing, so I was going to be excited about this trip no matter what the outcome!

This was our second time to Jamaica and second time deep sea fishing with Jacko! Last year we didn't catch anything, had a nice 4 hour boat ride along the island. This year we hit the jackpot!

We caught 7 fish this year on the Lucky Strike with Jacko & Tony; we had the best crew!!

We'll definitely ask for these 2 next time we come to Jamaica!

1 Thank J_D24_11
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“would do it again in a heart beat!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

went out on the Lucky Strike with Jacko as our captain and Tony was our first mate.
one of my favourite adventures from our 2 weeks in negril, and i'd do it again when we return.
i would request the same crew for sure! the captain was very thorough and kind.
the first mate tony worked his but off! we caught 7 fish that day! he did everything to help us catch all the fish, Tony made the experience! my only regret is i didn't have more money to tip him, he was awesome. after we caught the fish they brought us back to shore and fillet them right up on the boat for us so we could take what we caught back to the resort and have it cooked for us that night for dinner.
everything was memorable about that trip! would recommend it to everyone!

2 Thank Stacey S