“Nicest Guys Ever”

Wellesley, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nicest Guys Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to Jamaica for over 10 years, and Negril for 5+ Years. I always go snorkeling once or twice per visit and ALWAYS go with Mike and his brother Richie. They are accommodating, they will pick you up anywhere on 7 Mile Beach, take you to the perfect spot, and Mike dives with you, pointing out key areas. Nice boat, nice vibe and the two most righteous guys ever. Just terrific.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lisa D

Tampa, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Mike and Ricky took us out snorkeling. Water was beautiful - so clear. There was an amazing array of fish, sea urchins, starfish, etc. and we saw one lobster hiding out. Mike is a wonderful guide and Ricky is a first class first mate. Both are very professional. The boat was spotless. We found Mike parked near Nirvana. Thanks Mike....hope to see you again soon.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank PerlTravel
Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“See the fish - Eat great lobster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have known Mike for several years, in the past we have gone snorkelling with him and up the river bird watching. This year I got a group of Nirvana guests together and Mike took us to the island for Lobster. We stopped enrolee for a little snorkelling, saw lots of beautiful fish then headed to the island. Mike told me this was a BYOB trip so we all loaded up on Red Stripe. The island was perfect. No fancy restaurant, just a group of guys selling fresh Lobster, we all picked the one we wanted and they were roasted on a log fire while we waited and swam. We ate lobster, breaded toasted on the fire and had butter on the side. Mike dropped us off and came back a couple of hours later to take us home to Nirvana. I think this was the best Lobster I had in Jamaica. I highly recommend Mike and his crew.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Don G
Brooklyn, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Totally cool Captain & Crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I travelled to Jamaica solo and I wanted to go snorkeling. Being alone I wanted to make sure I found somebody that I felt comfortable with since it would be just me and them in the middle of the ocean!!!

I started asking a few people up and down the beach how much, etc...trying to find somebody that didn't totally creep me out. It's hard work out there as a single white woman, let me tell ya. I was staying at Charela so after asking people up the beach I finally walked over to Captain Mike's boat, which sits right near there, and asked Jeffrey what the deal was. He was totally cool. Didn't make me feel uncomfortable or try to hit on me at all. So I decided to book with them.

The next day Captain Mike, his first mate Ricky and Jeffrey took me out to the reef to snorkel for one hour. I had a great time. There are so many fish out there. All kinds of them! Lots of sea urchins too and the coral does come up pretty high in places so make sure you go around that part to avoid injury.

They do sunset cruises, river cruises, all kinds of things. Not just snorkeling.

As a solo woman traveller I highly recommend!

Visited September 2013