“Absolute paradise! Couldn't rate it highly enough (especially for the staff!)”

Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Everything about the Sensatori is just beautiful. The resort is modern, with a spa-like feel, very clean, and very well-run. The staff are INCREDIBLE & really make it. They're all so happy, friendly, upbeat, and polite, and cannot do enough for you. Always put a smile on your face, & nothing's ever too much trouble. Thank you so much to everyone!! Melissa, Shelley, Dwayne, Prince, Neville, Hyacinth, Omar, Martino, Alfonso, Carey, Joseph, Robert, Andre, the Thomson reps to name just a few (so sorry to all those whose name I've forgotten!)
We had a swim up room which was gorgeous - room was large & very clean, with everything you could need. Our cleaning lady was brill & the mini-bar was topped up daily. Pools were cleaned daily too (Andre the pool guy was lovely).
The beach is incredible - just how you imagine paradise to be.
The food & cocktails were so yummy - thank you so much to all the bar and restaurant staff, & the staff at Beans (for all the coffee/ smoothies) & Ocean's (for all the burgers & patties!)
The 3 al a carte restaurants are extra special (& you can visit as many times as you like), and the buffet restaurant (Palms) is great too.
It's a shame the hotel is far from Montego Bay airport as the nearly 2 hour journey felt long after the long flight. Other than that, no complaints here at all & would love to go back! Just gorgeous, and much nicer than any of the other hotels that we saw in the area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Clairabelle08

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Where do i begin
well arrived in Jamaica on the 4th August 2014 after a fab flight on the dream liner
then had a pretty rough time getting through immigration at airport, then hour and half journey to Hotel.
but that was taken away when you arrive at hotel
1. walk through the lobby and see the sea and beach which looked lovely
2. taken to your room which was very nice although not where we asked to be, but was happy with the room and how clean and big it was
3. the staff at the place make the hotel, they are all so lovely, its a SHAME MANAGEMENT do not give them full time jobs, they make that place and that was said by so many people that we met, thanks to Carrie, Sheryl and kadeian, also to gary and the boys behind the amber deck bar
also dwyane and Neville in the palms restaurant,
also to delmoy the young man that cleaned the amber deck daily who was very nice and always had time to talk.
the ladies behind the reception area who helped me get my bag back after i left it on the coach
In fact so many of the staff who i could name all but there are so many. the staff are the reason that i would return

5. The Thomson reps were fab ( well done to you two ladies)

6.Beach was lovely, could have done with having some parasols on the beach
7. Restaurants were lovely although could of had bit more of variety more so in the palms restaurant. overall the place and holiday was fab, but once again because of the staff, because without them do not think it would have been so good

We booked this holiday after being at sensatori Egypt the year before, whilst we was in Egypt the management there had a cocktail evening and spoke to the guests, something that maybe should happen in Jamaica.

OVERALL this place was lovely and people very nice. i have been home a few days and miss the staff and place already.

But to management please make an effort to get to know your guests.

Thanks
Jules and Andy

6  Thank pcjules281
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed 5 nights heres last week and was so sad to leave! Never been to Jamaica before so I didn't really expect to be blown away with much but I an pleasantly surprised and cannot wait to return to the Azul Sensatori and Jamaica, period! Having been to many other AL (cancun, cozumel, playa del carmen, puerto vallarta)...I know AL are usually a hit or miss. But the Azul was pretty awesome, hands down.

Food: There were a lot of options here. buffet had theme nights (i didn't care of the Indian Night) but a lot of people seemed to enjoy it. The breakfast buffet was amazing, the omelet lady (sorry I don't remember name) was super nice and did a great job making my loaded omelets every morning! My favorite restaurant was the Italian one. It had a lot of choices and the food was solid. Others complain about small portion sizes but I kind of enjoy that because it allows me to order more variety of dishes; that way I get to try them all. Why not right? You paid for it! The contemporary American restaurant Garfield's is pretty good too. We arrived 30mins after closing time and they happily seated us with no problems at all; never felt rushed or unwelcome. The best thing I at at the resort is the JERK CHICKEN from the BBQ kitchen by the pool. The chicken was so moist and the french fries were always fresh and hot; they drop them in the fryer after you order. They also have a beach BBQ all day in front of Garfield's restaurant. That was pretty cool because you can just walk up from the beach, in your bikini and feet covered in sand...to grab a bite! There is also a coffee/smoothie bar in the lobby which I have to say was amazing! I love coffee so I had a latte and cappuccino everyday! They also had fruit smoothies...green juices...desserts....and so much more. It was like a Starbucks and Jamba Juice combined.

All the bars were delicious, lots of fun Caribbean themed cocktails to try. The Nesta lounge upstairs had a lot of cool mixed drinks. I appreciated the use of rosemary, basil, guava, mint etc. in cocktails....takes it to another level of flavor complexities.

THE STAFF! Like most reviewers have shared, everyone was super friendly and really went out of their way to know your name and made sure you're having a good time. It's really the Jamaican people altogether; they're very friendly! I want to give a special shoutout to Andre at the front desk. He escorted us to our room and when my boyfriend reached for his wallet to tip, he realized it had dropped somewhere during check-in. Andre walked with my boyfriend back to the lobby promptly to look for it and they had it at the front desk. The wallet had fell out of his pocket on the sofa and an employee turned it in. On my last day in Jamaica, i was on an excursion all day so i knew i wouldn't make it back in time to have my last plate of Jerk Chicken (bbq close at 5pm, and the chicken usually runs out before then)...I called the front desk while on my excursion and Andre had a plate of Jerk Chicken waiting for me in my room when I got back! My favorite person at the resort would have to be Tyron the lifeguard! We spent a lot of time on the beach and Tyron was so outgoing and always made sure we we're having a good time! He really interacted with a lot of the guest on the beach....catching sand crabs for us...getting drinks...sharing stories about Jamaica...he was just so kind and happy.

The resort was recently renovated so everything is new and clean. All the furniture in the room and around the resort was modern and chic. I don't really care for the cheese tropical furniture and decor so the modern look at this resort suited me better. The pool was always clean. The beach was calm, clean and clear! The hotel has a strict policy that vendors cannot walk up to guest on the beach. I bought some grilled lobsters from a local vendor, and when he came up to our beach to deliver it...it was not allowed to walk up from where the water stops. I had to walk to the water's edge and grab the lobsters from him, as if there is an imaginary line there. So that was good because there are a few vendors that walk up and down the beach throughout the day (music, weed, food) but nothing distracting at all.

The rooms were clean and chic. I wish there were more channels on the TV but that wasn't a big problem. We didn't like our room at first because even thought it was an "ocean view" room....not many of the rooms at the resort have a clear unobstructed ocean view. The resorts in Jamaica don't really stand as high as the ones in Mexico so you don't get that great big view of the ocean. I didn't like my first room because the balcony was closest to the road so if i stepped out i could see the road, hotel security stand, front gate etc. They didn't have another room on the first night for me so I switched rooms the next day. 3rd floor was better and not at the corner. The concierge were very friendly as well and surprised me with a bottle of champagne and plate of chocolates in my room; it was my birthday. They also called us to go down to the office and gave us small coffee liquor bottles; i assumed most guest got these.

Entertainment was pretty good. They really try to change it up. Its not great but not bad. I really enjoyed the female Jamaican singer that sang covers of popular american songs; she had a great voice!

CONS: there were a few cons here but nothing substantial and doesn't keep me from coming back whatsoever.

-The cabanas. Like other reviewers have said, its not fair to other guest when you wake up at sunrise and "claim" the cabanas by putting your personal belongings on there and come strolling in hours later. Thats not cool. When i mentioned this to a waitress, she said there is nothing she can do, which i understand because she doesn't want to offend any guest. But guest need read the hotel policy booklet (in your room) that states...you cannot monopolize and claim begs!
-The room service menu is too limited. Please add more options onto your room service menu. It rained about while I was there so a lot of times we stayed in our rooms and we weren't too satisfied with the options.

All in all, had a great time and would definitely return!

4  Thank Trish H
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Really lovely clean, fresh, new hotel. Boutique feel. Had swim up suite so very comfortable and spacious! Not sure worth the upgrade price though. Our children had standard suite and this was lovely at no extra. Staff very pleasant and helpful. All work very hard. Early days so assume maybe still on probationary period? We did tip few dollars most evenings and at the end of the holiday we gave larger tips to individuals of US dollars although the staff don't appear to expect this. All Restaurants excellent. Food fresh and tasty. Used all restaurants several times, Garfields our favourite although could do with menu change maybe alternative weeks. Smaller tasty portions, but able to ask for more anytime. Larger buffet restaurant available if you prefer self service choices. Beach very clean and sun beds available throughout our stay although many reserved very early. Could do with some beach umbrellas though for shade. We did the sunset cruise available through the watersport hut and this was well worth the cost as we saw dolphins and enjoyed great snorkelling. The staff on board are very helpful and patient. Only upset to be aware of was we had items stolen from our balcony inspite of security around the resort. Would be happy to return and curious to see any changes as still early days.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared well positioned although some nearer to road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank 364christineB64
Reviewed 19 August 2014

People were lovely, food was lovely, everything lovely, except floors extremely dangerous, my partner slipped 4 times and actually cut her foot, not a drink touched, nothing for kids to do, no entertainment, so kids made there own entertainment and was up to some mischief, we had swim up room, waste of money, the beds at the swim up were mildew due to rain, which it did a lot but it was fine...I wouldn't go back, if I did it would be at a different hotel

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank magpie1962
KarismaHotelsResorts, Director General at Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the trip advisor community.
We do regret your overall impressions fell somewhat short of exceptional, however. Our goal is to ensure every guest enjoys a memorable stay, so we seek to offer superior quality , luxurious amenities, and customer service, all at a great price to our guests.

We value your insights, and hope for the opportunity to better your impressions in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This has to be one of the best hotels we have stayed in! Usually when we go on holiday it takes a few days to wind down and relax, not here right from the outset we felt we'd been staying here for ages. What makes this hotel are its staff who undoubtedly are it's most important asset. The staff here are first rate, everyone is incredibly helpful and so happy, mentioning a few names, sorry if we miss anyone out....Marion, Omelia, Allison, Neville, Dumaine, Dwight and Santana in the Palms restaurant, Omar, Lensworth and Fabian in the Italian, Geraldine who cleaned our room, Everall at the adult swim up bar..... So many more Kamelle who cooked in the Palms..... They really helped to make our holiday. We'd like especially to mention Santana in the Palms alongside Omelia who were incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, professional, friendly and assets to the hotel, thank you for looking after us so well!!! We miss you!!!
The rooms are excellent, we were in an adult swim up, pure luxury. The beach is amazing and the sand just beautiful to walk on. All restaurants were excellent we particularly liked the Palms for lunch and the Italian for dinner. Food always to an excellent standard, our only observations on this would be that on the odd occasion we ate at the Palms on an evening we always thought the food at lunchtime was better in terms of selection, when the beach party is on the hotel really needs to consider opening two restaurants, not everyone wants to go the the party due to the sand flies.....
We made some great friends to whilst we were on holiday here and already are getting organised to return at Easter next year, we cannot wait! PS. This is the first hotel where we were so genuinely sad to leave, I could have cried (pathetic as that sounds lol!!!).

Room Tip: Blocks 6 and 7 are the adult section with the swim ups.
12  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I absolutely loved this resort! Although it was filled with people it never felt busy and the chilled vibes were present everywhere you went.
There are lots of activities to do, from Jamaican cooking and rum tasting classes to archery and volleyball! But the thing that really did make the activities worthwhile were the activities staff such as Kevan, Oreyan and Melissa. The staff were particularly friendly with the teenagers and children such as myself, yet we're just as welcoming and talkative to the adults. I enjoyed being greeted at all hours of the day in such a warm manner by the activities staff and restaurant staff alike.. Even the maintenance team would greet you "good morning" and ask how you were.
The restaurants were lovely! (Consisting of 4 in total) Garfields beach restaurant was wonderful and the staff were excellent - particularly Lensworth and Neville. Definitely my favourite place to dine.
I want to also make a point of the room service, it is 24 hour and delivered quickly. It is included in the price and the food quality really is splendid! In the room, there is a menu, however, I rarely stuck to this and the staff would literally make you anything and bring it to your room promptly. Another staff members who I would like to note is Prince. He was ever so friendly and helpful and constantly interested to chat to you and service you in any way possible!
I should also point out that the Bali beds on the beach are open for anybody! We did not realise this until half way through our holiday as we thought that they had to be payed for.

Room Tip: Rooms in block 5000 are generally closer to everything. The swim up rooms are great as when it rain...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family