2,903 results
All reviews swim up room premium section adults only section nesta lounge mile bar ackee restaurant di romagna gourmet corner sensatori hotels amber bar thomson reps palms restaurant bali beds sensatori experience gala dinner mobay lounge coffee bar
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I decided to book a last minute trip to Jamaica. I knew this trip I had no plans to leave the resort so I was in search of an all-inclusive resort with Wi-Fi, a TV, good food and walking distance to the beach. Without hesitation I booked Azul.

Arrival/Check-In
Upon arrival you can tell security is very tight on who they let in. Once your name is checked off the list you are allowed to enter the premises. At this moment you immediately walk into heaven and are treated like the king/queen you are! As soon as you step out the car they greet you with a nice Jamaican welcome, take your bags and you're given a glass of champagne. Proceed into the lobby area to check in and await a staff member to show you around the resort.

During our tour he showed me the lunch spots, bar area, pools and a few other main areas. He walked me up to my room where he showed me the fridge (stocked daily with Red Stripe beer, soda and water), safe, TV, etc. During the few minutes I was in the room the TV worked fine but later gave me problems. Let's just say the day of arrival was the ONLY time I was able to watch anything. It was NBA finals time in the states and I had to call back home each time to get the score because my TV didn't play. I later found out (after I left) the resort had a sports bar where the game was playing. I wish someone would've told me all the amenities the resort offered because this was a bummer hearing this later. I could've overlooked it but even while skimming the resort book in the room, I didn't recall seeing anything about a sports bar.

The first day lunch options were either the buffet or spot near the pool. I went with the small cafe where they served jerk chicken, fries, cole slaw and some type of sauce for the chicken- amazing! My favorite place of the entire place turned out to the be the roundtable bar that's centrally located near the entrance, beach and buffet area. Each night the bartenders had great attitudes and you could tell they really love their job and mingling with all the guests. They also seem to work well together and help each other out! Kelsey, Terrance and Joseph were the first 3 I met but by the end of my trip I ended up meeting and getting to know all of them. Kelsey made a "Bob Marley shot" that resembles the Jamaican flag. It was pretty creative.

Once it's time for dinner you must check-in with one of the staff members and provide your room number. They will then give you a squirt of hand sanitizer, ask if you have any allergies then seat you. The customer service was nothing short of amazing! Gracious, respectful and they even place your dinner napkin in your lap.

Day 2 I woke up bright and early to a phone call from the concierge just ensuring everything was going well & if I had any questions. I informed them some friends I met at the bar told me there was a schedule of events and I'd like to receive a copy so I'll know what activities are going on around the resort (they actually showed me an app you can download). The gentleman told me not a problem & if I'd come down to their desk a copy will be provided to me. He then asked was I celebrating a special occasion or just vacationing, I told him my birthday. He stated he will try to get a bottle of champagne to my room before my checkout date. Sadly, it never happened. It wouldn't have been a big deal had it not been mentioned but after passing by other rooms and seeing 'Happy Birthday' banners on the doors from the hotel I started to feel meh.. Once I made it to the concierge table they handed me a schedule with events listed each day which ranged from jewelry making, yoga, jogging on the beach, live bands, etc.

Waking up to a beautiful view and greetings from the morning staff who were cleaning the property was always a delight to see. In preparation for breakfast was the same process as dinner- check in and get a squirt of sanitizer. Laverne serviced me and was nice and full of joy. Breakfast is served from 7am - 11/11:30. The lunch menu consisted of rice pilaf, jerk chicken, curry chicken in coconut sauce  (sooo yum!), Hunter style chicken, chicken and shrimp, oxtails, roasted fish, etc.

There's a small boutique/gift shop diagonal from the buffet area, next to the entrance. I loved it! Unlike most resorts where the stuff is for show and overly expensive this shop had lots of nice and reasonably priced items. Some of the items were handmade too and ladies working were very kind and helpful. I ended up buying all my souvenirs from here for a total or $5880 ($49 in American $$- 49x120=5880) You can pay in American, JA cash or card. The entrance area also has a juice bar where you can get fresh smoothies, coffee and small bites. I ordered the Ochi which consisted of strawberries, bananas and papaya juice. It was pretty yummy. I inquired about their massage prices and was told for 50 minutes rates are $136 and 25min is $79- ouch. I passed.

Night 2 for dinner served noodles & shrimp,  grilled fish in a white cream sauce, dumplings, Jamaican rundown, roasted potatoes, etc. The food was delish & I had no complaints. There was also a live band near the main pool area that did a fantastic job. They were very lively and interactive with the crowd. The rest of the live entertainment during my stay did not disappoint. They all were very talented and left the crowd wanting more.

Upstairs there was a Caribbean restaurant called Ackee. It's a bit more formal with a strict menu compared to downstairs (no buffet). Not long after I was seated I ended up meeting the chef who recommended a few dishes for me to try. I started with the drink special- dark rum with OJ and ginger. It had an acquired taste but was pretty good. For appetizer I had the Caribbean lobster and crab cakes, which were yum! For my entree I went with the chef's special- curry goat with grilled veggies, rice and peas. I've never eaten goat before but I was amazed at how flavorful it was. My server Shemoy was great and very attentive.

There's a nightclub with a full bar that is open until 2am located upstairs. Had a guest not told me I would've never known the club was there. Soon as you walk upstairs you envision a club scene with the comfy chairs, colorful lighting and great liquor selection. I ended up meeting several people from the resort and danced the night away. Kahmali was so friendly and welcoming while DJ Mase played all the best tunes and catered to the diverse crowds. I was truly impressed to hear songs from back home all the way in Jamaica! I had so much fun I looked forward to going back the next night.

Yoga on the beach is offered at 8am. Sadly, I got the time confused and showed up at 8:30. The class was halfway finished and there was no extra spacing so I left. On my way out the masseuse informed me of an early bird special where massages are $59 for 30min and offered from 8-9:30am. It was still a bit steep (in my opinion) but since I missed yoga may as well try something else I love. The massage was WONDERFUL! With it being only 30min she wasn't able to focus long on tense areas but did the best she good in the time given. Not to mention, it was right on the beach and the breeze created a relaxing environment. I would definitely have it again. On my way back I ran into the yoga instructor and he politely agreed to do a private yoga mini-session in the gym. I accepted. We walked to the resort gym where several people were working out and lifting weights. He grabbed 2 mats and we had a 30min yoga session. I loved it! But what I loved even more was the hospitality. Garrison was a sweetheart.

After my yoga session I had a quick breakfast and met another beautiful soul as my waitress- Ms. Chayanne. Scrambled eggs with cheese, acki fish, spinach, fried tomatoes, beans, bacon, hash browns, roasted potatoes, blueberry muffins, banana bread, etc. The variety always keeps you wanting more.

Shendrique was cool to chat with as she was the bartender during the daytime. Lounging on the beach was my fav. They have cabanas available and surprisingly, I didn't have to worry about guests leaving their towels and disappearing for hours. It was easy for me to find a cabana each day no matter which side of the resort I lounged on. Workers from Margaritaville showed up and provided margarita samples. They were really yum! Lunch menu on day 3 consisted of carrot rice,  beef stew, scallop potatoes, chicken breast in white wine sauce, etc. They also had a pineapple and ginger water.

The last day was heartbreaking because I hated to leave but checkout was easy. I truly enjoyed my trip to Azul. From the time I arrived to the time I left I felt like a queen and was treated with the utmost respect. I generally don't like visiting resorts twice but I loved this resort so much I'm already planning a trip back with my entire family. This resort knows how to please their guests from the food options each day, the staff being very personable, being steps away from the beach, beautiful room view, the security always being on guard, DJ Mase kept me on the dance floor, live music/acts, intimacy (resort wasn't top big) and just awesomeness from each person I encountered. Despite the birthday mishap, I will gladly return and would highly recommend this resort for your next vacation whether you're coming solo(single), coupled or with family. Thank you to the amazing staff and management team!! Job well done!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
11  Thank Courtney W
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Courtney W
Thank you for your wonderful review of your experiences at Azul Beach Resort Negril , it was a pleasure to host your vacation and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Karisma experience.

There is nothing more rewarding than to receive the praise from our valued guests and we will certainly share your experiences with our employees. We are very happy to hear that the staff mentioned had such a positive effect on your visit and they will be rewarded for their efforts.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the Azul Beach Resort Negril

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Our stay at Azul was incredible. My family and I were there last week and our stay was just a dream. We stayed at the premium side of the hotel with a private beach, butler, restaurants and services. What truly made this a great experience was also the staff. Everyone we met was so helpful and friendly! Especially, Carlos at the front, Kayon and Crystal at our personal concierge, and our room service staff, Dahlia. One of the girls gave me mangoes, and a Grace Hot Pepper Sauce (I'm Mexican! I need my spice!) and the gardener gave us coconuts each day. I loved the workout facility, the beach service, the swim up lounge, the pools, the water activities, and the smoothies at the main lobby! We also love the jerk chicken paninis near our building which I believe was #11. The hotel layout was interesting and it made me feel like I could walk around and explore so much more. Shoutout to Phillip who made me two sunny side up eggs each morning at the mohagony! I wish we could of stayed longer, it honestly felt so good to be treated with so much respect, love, and friendliness. I can't wait till we return to Jamaica and spend another beautiful stay at Azul!

Room Tip: The best views come with the ocean view rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Sgonzay

Dear Sgonzay

Thank you for selecting Azul Beach Resort Negril as hosts for your most recent visit to Jamaica and the resort of Negril

We work hard in creating a truly memorable experience for each and every guest So it brings me great joy to know our team went the extra mile and that their had such a positive impact on your vacation experience.

I am also pleased to read how much you enjoyed our luxurious accommodation and facilities as well as our beautiful grounds.
It was a pleasure hosting you and we certainly hope Azul Beach Resort Negril becomes your resort of choice during future travels.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

After researching and reading reviews my husband and I decided to spend our anniversary at Azul! This resort was perfect! We decided on a premium oceanview adult only suite. The property itself was well maintained. There was always someone maling sure things were in tact. Upon arrival we were greeted with a drink and escorted to our room which was a true representation of the pictures on line. The resort offered 24hr room service. Every restaurant we tried was spectacular but our favorite was Mahogany. From grilled salmon to lamb kabobs anything you could think of and as much as you want was available. While there we had 2 great bartenders Vidal and ODane everything they made for us was exceptional! Because it was our anniversary we sprung for a moonlight seaside dinner and it was wonderful! Our waiter was great and the food was stellar! I am glad to have chosen this property and will visit other Karisma properties as well. I've read other reviews about the fight for beach chairs and there was no end to availability no matter what time of day you ventured out. I thought that kids being there would be an issue but it wasn't. If you're undecided take a chance and book it I promise you won't be disappointed! ****Ask for a suite in bldg. 10!****

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank photohistorians
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear photohistorians

Thank you for your kind words and great feedback. It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed your Gourmet Inclusive experience.

Splendid experiences should begin from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart and we are happy to hear you encountered just this.

Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to hosting you here at Azul Beach Resort Negril many times more in the future

Reviewed 20 June 2018

First off your booking experience will be a nightmare. We had so many issues and no place to run. You can't ever reach the property directly no matter how hard you try, or what number you use. Calls go to a call center in Florida most of the times, and they are not the brightest people in the world. Reaching a supervisor for help is like calling the White House.

These people messed up everything from general reservations, over charging us, room selection, transportation. Ricardo is the property manager I spoke to and his presence is intimidating. Ricardo never cracked a smile, very stern, and said he did not know much since he was new. Thought reaching out to someone upon arrival would have been helpful. Last day before check out he made himself available for conversation. He did not really want to speak on our issues (party of 6) who spent a lot of money. He tried first to get his supervisors to handle the problem knowing I had already spoken with them.

The property itself is just okay, there are much better on the Island. This property is at the beginning of 7 mile away from the local things to do. They will be overcharge for transportation for sure if you go through the property to get around and that is for sure. flag down a car to fit your group (Red Plate) if you just have to stay there.

Be aware that they will call you a million times trying to sell you a timeshare once they have your personal information (real tacky). I suggest Couple Swept Away, it is a much better property than this one.

Room Tip: Ocean View front of property (still not the best the way the place is designed)
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank maketravel1st
KarismaHotelsResorts, Hotel management team at Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear maketravel1st

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, it was an honor to host your recent stay at Azul Beach Resort Negril

While I am very happy to know you did find many aspects of your stay to be enjoyable, I am disappointed to learn of the challenges you encountered with services extended by members of our teams and management. Typically we are known to provide our guests with an unmatched level of service however I am very sorry if that was not your experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact the customer service at customercare@karismadominicana.com so that all mentioned in your report can be reviewed with you directly.

We hope to have an opportunity to host you once again in the future, so that we may provide you with the stay you had envisioned.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My wife and I decided to have our destination wedding at this resort, and we could not have picked a better place! The staff was excellent; food was great; and the resort was gorgeous! Our bartenders (Dwight, Alecia, Sadae, & Tatiana) were all so friendly and fun! Our waiting staff (D’Shawn & Rashane) were the most respectful and pleasant people I’ve met! They make you feel like true royalty! Our wedding coordinator (Dana) handled absolutely everything for us and the details she incorporated like a rose petal trail to our bed the night we got married absolutely astounded us! I only wish it had never ended!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank James S

Dear James S

Thank you for such a wonderful review and for sharing your experiences with the Trip advisor community. I’m sure your review will help many with future vacation choices.

It is a pleasure for us to know that your experience exceeded your expectations. Our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and as special as it can be.
Congratulations on the wedding!

We hope that Azul Beach Resort Negril will be your preferred resort for your next visit to Negril and the beautiful island of Jamaica