Merrils Beach Resort III
US$64
  • Pool
US$212
US$193
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$148
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$484
US$380
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfresh fruitgreat beachlobsteramericansmerrillsecuritymaidsmileexcursionssandsunset
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed in Merrils 3 for dream weekend 2013 and my stay was one of the worst vacations i have ever experienced. The rooms were filthy, the hotel had daily blackouts, and the staff was very unwelcoming. I know its a budget stay.. but at the basic level a all-inclusive hotel should be clean, has electricity, running water with adequate water pressure, clean towels, and decent food. This hotel had non of the above and speaking to management fell on deaf ears. I was eventually moved over to Merrils 2 after 7 agonizing days in squaller and I was completely surprise. Merils 2 was completely up to standard. I wish i would have know better i would have never stayed at 3.

Room Tip: Stay at merrils 2!!!!! NOT 3
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Michele A
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed at Merrils 3 for Dream week July 31st to August 7th 2013 and my stay was horrible, I would NEVER recommend anyone to stay there.......Merrils 3 was closed down for awhile prior to me going there and the staff didn't have the decency to at least open the hotel at least 2 weeks before my friends and I got there to Air out the rooms and do repairs.... It was opened the day our arrival.There was no electricity, no water, the rooms were musty, the linen was dusty, the furnitures were very old, there was no wash cloth, the towels looked dingy and the little soap that was given was stuck to the soap holder in the bathroom, I was appalled at what I noticed, I just couldn't believe that this was what I was getting for my money. I gave them the benefit of the doubt to see if they would get it together, but after the third day and nothing got better I had to CURSE them out and demand that they put me somewhere else.....Finally they put me in Merrils 2 which was a little better......Even the some of the staff there was surprised that they had opened up 3 because it needs repair but I guess GREED will make you do anything.....or may they think I wouldn't notice ALL the faults and just suck it up........Please reconsider staying there if you are planning to go to Negril!!!!!!!

NMW......

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Nicole W
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The waitress and waiter who work on the 30/7/2013 on the morning shift need to be train more and proper guest service there were 3 set of jamaica couples at breakfast and i notice we did'nt get much attetion like the white people and thats not good consumer service,the ac need to be upgrade and also the hot water in the bathroom and at the bar you need to have have rum cream and more entertainment on property.

Room Tip: we check in on the 28/7/2013 at the merrils 11 beach resort in negril and we get our moneys worth the beach clean and nice,rooms clean and nice setting and we have confortable sleep,the food is something to talk about it was sooooooooooooooooooooo great we enjoy it staffs good we hope to be back soon.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzettewallace
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I've stayed here for dreamweek in 2011 and 2012 the rooms are basic nothing spectacular. Bare in mind you have to pay for the safe key and also if you want a fridge in your room. Food is not all that great it's the same day in and out breakfast is the best to me. Since it was a weekend full of partying I didn't mind. If you want to relax its a good atmosphere especially the sunset on the beach is to die for. Drinks are ok no top shelf liquor though.

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Bashmenttasha
Reviewed 24 April 2012

April 6-13 2012. I arrived at night so it was hard to appreciate at first. Staff are helpful and friendly. They keep the place clean. I was told this was a 4 star resort but I have to disagree and say its more of a 2.5-3. The beds and dressers are older. Despite that I didn't find the bed uncomfortable at all. Best to bring your own beach towel, we asked for them around 1000 and they were already out of beach towels. You can buy them from the small shop that's close to the beach for about 15 (bob marley) or less but you have to barter. The food was good, enough to be satisfied but not a huge selection as you would have at the bigger, more expensive resorts. If you like late night snacks I suggest to bring some ( candy, chips etc) because there is no snack bar in between meals and next to nothing to eat late night let say after the club. Well there is jerk chicken late night but one can get sick of eating it EVERY NIGHT. The beach in front of the hotel gorgeous, soft white sand and emerald green water. Try fishing if you can it was fun, and also there is a man Rasta Mike who has a boat that will take you to a small island where you can eat BBQ lobster and relax for 40-50. Always try to lower the prices whenever you buy something/excursions they are always upping the price significantly. Overall it was pleasant I realized after walking the seven mile beach I liked my side of the beach ( Jamaican family owned hotels such as Merrils) It was relaxing, people were pleasant and listening to live reggae every night on the beach was romantic :) The people selling stuff on the beach can be aggressive and after you say no once they can be quite persistent. The best thing to do is say no and ignore, it does sound rude but that was the only way to get them to move on; esp when they know you have just arrived. Always check your bed for bed bugs anywhere you go 2 or 5 star. I was told bed bugs were found in a 5 star at Grand Bahia Principe, so just keep your eyes open. We were not told this but found out later that you are able to dine at any of the Merrils which does allow a little bit of change. They have the menu of what is to be served at the front of the restaurant. No entertainment so ask around of what there is to do that night or follow the music on the beach there is something going on EVERY night.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the road and it can get very noisy so if you are a light sleeper I suggest you ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple