“The Perfect Place to Stay in Paradise”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MargotMak
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The Perfect Place to Stay in Paradise”
Reviewed 6 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I cannot even begin to express how much we enjoyed staying in “Yellow,” as we came to call our home away from home.

The location is a perfect private beach in a beautiful tranquil bay just a bit away from 7-mile beach....The home itself is modern, clean and appointed with every amenity one could possibly want and more.

I’ve been lucky enough to have been to many Caribbean locations, but nowhere have I felt like the way I feel in Jamaica – as if I’ve truly come home…..and now with “Yellow,” it’s as if we really have a home!

5 huge stars - absolutely excellent!!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and privacy
Liked least: That I had to leave and go home.....
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Jamakinme...
Suffolk
“Restful Finish”
Reviewed 5 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

After spending 3 weeks traveling around the island with friends, and part of that time at our favorite small all-inclusive, we needed to rest from our active vacation. This condo was a perfect way to unwind. It was a home away from home. The kitchen was very well equipped. Lisa and Kevin have thought of everything. It is spacious, clean, and quiet. if you don't want to cook, nothing is too far away. Lisa answered all emails promptly. The beach and pool area have the famous Negril Sunsets. The 24 hr security is excellent. Thanks for having us.

Reviewed 18 February 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2015 for a stay in December 2014

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
TDG60
Holland, Michigan
“Slice of Paradise”
Reviewed 10 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

My husband and I just returned from a ten day stay at Kevin and Lisa's Negril condo. In the days just prior to our trip, we saw two recent, negative reviews posted on TripAdvisor, and wondered what we would encounter. I'm not sure how those negative reviews came about, because, our experience was similar to that of ALL those POSITIVE reviewers. We've booked numerous vacation rentals online in the past, and on occasion, we've been unpleasantly surprised by the representation of the pictures posted and the actual appearance of the property. Not this time at all! Kevin and Lisa's condo is exactly as advertised and the pictures are completely accurate. They were both great to work with and were true to their word.
Our stay was wonderful. The pool is large and refreshing, the grounds meticulously maintained and the sea was amazing. We enjoyed snorkeling almost every day from the property's cove and saw manta rays, sea turtles, eels and an incredible variety of beautiful fish.
The condo is fully stocked with every thing you need to feel completely at home as well as an abundance of quality linens and towels. The washer and dryer were a great bonus that we really appreciated. All the appliances were in great working condition, and the electronic equipment that the Barnes provide makes surfing the internet or watching television a snap.
Karen was available at a moment's notice and was happy to assist us with all the questions we asked. The property's staff are incredibly friendly, including the security staff, gardeners and maintenance workers. The property is well staffed with security and we felt very safe.
The property is tranquil and a few miles from the busyness of Negril, but transportation is easy. Route taxis are in abundance and the ride costs about $2.00 US per person...a great bargain! Be aware that there are no dining or grocery stores within walking distance.
We would highly recommend this property! Thank you Kevin and Lisa for welcoming us with such gracious Jamaican hospitality.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet location and beautiful beach.
Liked least: No restaurant or eatery within walking distance
Your age range 50-64
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
victorial...
Chicago, Illinois
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 11 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

Good Luck with this one. The place is relatively nice, decent. However, I have avoided writing a review with hopes that the owners and I could come to an agreement. However, they have decided to avoid me completely. My friend and I stayed for 3 nights. There were many issues, the biggest of which was the water shutting off on the 2nd and 3rd night where we had to pay someone to bring us water to bathe, etc. As a result of standing up in the tub pouring water for a shower, water spilled on the floor and when exiting the tub, I slipped and stubbed my toe. It turned black, blue and purple. I didn't know I broke it until I returned home and went to the ER. I showed the owners pix of what happened. I asked them to make some adjustments to the cost of the condo given the water going off and my breaking my toe. They have completely ignored me. They were very nice up to the point of my asking for an adjustment. I had to put minutes on a cell phone when the number to the phone was not told to me. I had to figure out a lot of things, i.e., how to lock the door to the bedroom properly, how to open the safe that never opened with a key and I was never given the combination, how to operate the electronics, the shower never had hot water and then no water, couldn't flush the toilet - had to go to a nearby hotel to use their rest room, the lady who let us in didn't have a clue of how to do anything, there was a crib in the living room and I don't have a baby, nor did my roommate, Dr. Bowling, there was no information of dining, places to go and things to do. It was recommended that Dale pick us up from the Montego Bay Airport for $100/US, I declined. When we arrived, we found transportation at the airport that was much less expensive. I have had to contact my attorney about my broken toe since the owners refuse to correspond with me. I have waited this long to put in my review because I wanted to hear from them. No response yet and my toe is still broken and swollen. They seem to be still trying to work out the kinks at this new development, as some of the units are still under construction. However, communication is crucial and the woman assigned to help us with any issues would never answer her phone or text messages. I thought staying at a condo would be nicer than staying in an all inclusive, but it wasn't. It was a terrible experience and I'll never stay there again. At least at a hotel you don't have to worry about water going off and you know what you're getting. Maybe six months to a year from now, it may be an ok pick, but it's your money.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Bart1317
Chicago, Illinois
“Very disappointing, would not stay again”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

When we got there, we were very disappointed, it wasn't at all as advertised. The community where the unit is located is still under construction, there was dust and heavy machinery everywhere, no piece and quiet.

The unit had no outdoor space unless you want to sit next to where your car is parked.

There was a terrible smell in the unit, we spent the entire stay trying to figure out where it was coming from, but couldn't.

The unit is right next to the busy road, with the bedroom right there, at night you could hear the cars racing by and see the lights from the traffic.

the beach had so much sea grass that it wasn't swimmable, we had to drive to a beach nearby.

It is far away from where everything is happening so you need to have a car or take a taxi to get to restaurants/attractions.

Again, whatever the smell was in that apt, it needed to be washed out of our clothing when we got home.

I didn't bother to complain to the owner because he was difficult to work with from the start. We put down a 50% deposit and planned on paying the other 50% when we arrived, like we typically do with vacation rentals all of the time. He demanded the other 50% prior to the arrival, threatening, that "he wouldn't want us to be left without a place to stay with our 3 month old." We paid it, but soon found out why he demanded this, the rental was not at all as advertised.

This did not feel at all like a beach getaway, just an apartment in Negril.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing