“LOVE LOVE LOVE Catcha Falling Star would HIGHLY recommend to everyone”

Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Indianapolis, Indiana
“LOVE LOVE LOVE Catcha Falling Star would HIGHLY recommend to everyone”
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I stayed at Catcha falling star for a week, and brought all my friends and family to the venue for our wedding. The value we got for our money was unreal. Andrea and the whole Catcha staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day and entire stay so so special.

Everyone who came had the best time, and we really loved Jamaica. We plan to come back for our anniversaries and stay at Catcha Falling Star in the future. The cliffs are definitely the way to go for a more intimate setting. You can always take a trip to the beach for the day for a party.

We loved how intimate Catcha was with the villas when we had breakfast in the morning with my family and friends, it felt like the whole place was our living room. We also loved how we could leave the property to try other foods. Our vacation was just perfect and there's nothing I would change about it at all!

The cab drivers Catcha recommended were always great - sometimes better than the ones we tried to book ourselves! Everything from decorations, to food, to logistics, I know how hard the Catcha staff worked on it, and you have no idea how much I appreciate it. Everyone really helped me to make our wedding so special and so amazing, and I really don't have enough words to say "thank you".

My husband and I both hope to see everyone again soon next time we come to visit. We really appreciate everyone who helped to pull the wedding together. The whole staff at Catcha just went above and beyond to try to make our day great on a limited budget.

All my love,

Elaine

Room Tip: Book early, stay longer
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We just returned from Negril and while there we stayed at Catcha. It's a small quaint place with excellent staff. The property of the resort is beautiful and there are plenty of places to soak up some sun. The place is clean and the staff was wonderful. We'll miss Ty, Vivienne, Karena and Andre!!

The only caution is to book a good room. We definitely would have had a more relaxing time if we had booked more in advance and got a better room. We stayed in the Gatehouse and Pisces and both rooms are very close to the road. These rooms have a lot of noise from the traffic, to the entrance gate and some barking dogs. The last night the Sun room opened and we changed rooms. This was a much better experience. If you are looking for quiet than book a room close to the cliffs.

We had a great time and can't wait to go back!!

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Forestdale, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I could never imagine how beautiful Jamaica is until we went there. The food was so delicious I never had anything like that before. The staff was fantastic waited on us hand and foot very nice... Catcha Falling star is the best place you could possibly take a vacation at and have a great time you will want to extend your stay I promise you that. My husband Tom and I can't wait to return and this time we will stay longer than 10 days. This is also a beautiful place to get married at and honeymoon at the same time. There is no words that could describe how this place is so amazing go and find out for yourself you will fall in love....

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ninatom4ever
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Came to celebrate the 10th anniversary of friends, this hotel was their choice. Quite an excellent choice. This is not a giant mega resort, but an intimate hotel with stunning views, tons of privacy, and a staff that is focused on making your stay wonderful. My group went out one night and got back just as the kitchen had closed.... they kept it open for us. Staff was friendly and attentive; grounds were beautifully kept, security on task night and day. Did I mention the rum punch??

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank dsvogt
madison, WI
Reviewed 16 April 2011

There isn't too much to add to the multiple raving reviews of this place. They are all spot on. My husband and I stayed in March for our anniversary. We were lucky enough to stay in Libra. I truly believe it is the best room on the resort. Since the resort is small and there aren't a bunch of people strolling by like on the beach, the vibe is very comfortable and relaxing. Mauvette was simply amazing. We mentioned we were going to Sweet Spice for our anniversary dinner, and when we got there we found she had reserved a table for us!! We also asked for a bottle of champagne to watch the sunset one night and they went all out. They set up their best table with white linen, flower petals, and candles. We didn't ask for anything special-it just shows how wonderful this place is!! One thing to add that I hadn't seen on previous reviews is that they have a phone for guests to use to make long distance calls for no charge. We found it very convenient to call home to check on our kids. I don't have one negative thing to say about Catcha. We can't wait to go back.

1 Thank MLH91
London, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2011

The staff at Catcha are first rate. Hotel grounds are clean, and well cared for. Stayed in Little Capricorn. It has high ceilings and the shower has great water pressure. I felt very safe at Catcha. The bar has great drinks. The food in the restaurant is very good as well. I enjoyed watching the parade of boats and catamarans that arrived at Rick's nightly to watch the local cliff divers. Very entertaining right from my seat at Catcha. I have booked a return trip for July. I highly recommend this place.

2 Thank seekingthesun62
Alberta
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We stayed on the beach for the first half our our trip, and then came to the cliffs. I would do it the same again next time. The beach is a great place for people watching and to unwind. Once your relaxed, and on Jamaican time, the cliffs is a great place to end your holiday. We ventured out a few times. We toured a few of the near by hotels, and ate at a few of the restaurants. The food was good everywhere we went, especially LTU (a casual spot with cheap food, that was all amazing)
Cathcha has great views, and great rooms. We loved the little private spots nestled in the rock wall. Very relaxing and romantic. The food was very good, but I have to say that we found ourselves waiting a long time. Now I do know all about Jamaican time, but at times it was a little annoying.
We will be going back to Negril again, and look forward to experiencing all that it has to offer. There are so many beautiful spots, and such great food...so little time :)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
CocoLaPalm Resort
#11 of 81 in Negril
Negril Tree House Resort
Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!