“A Wedding in Paradise”

Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My cousin mentioned to me at family dinner ,Thanksgiving 2010, that she wanted to marry in December 2011......somewhere in the world. My immediate answer was Catcha Falling Star, Negril, Jamaica. I can say without reservation that this cousin COULD have had a wedding anywhere in the world she wanted, but she put the entire thing in my hands, at MY preferred venue.

It took one call, and one call only, to darling Andrea at Catcha and all things possible were arranged. I turned my cousin and her party over to my preferred driver for transportation and tours, Tommy, and she was all set.

My cousin is now back home aglow in the love of Jamaica and all things Catcha Falling Star. Here are her words : "It is one thing to have a wedding, but entirely another thing to have all of your guests TOTALLY happy. Every night we had five star meals at Ivans. The people there treated us so well , and cared for us so beautifully. I don't even want to talk about it much to other people because they will not understand, and I want to hold these memories close to my heart . My husband and I DID NOT want to leave, and we miss Kevin, Nicolette, Andrea, and everyone at Catcha dearly. All of my friends said that my cousin (me) picked the best place on earth for my wedding. Thank you Cuz."

Catcha Falling Star is a little piece of heaven on earth, and I have often said, one of the most romantic places ever. If you are even a little bit in love, you will leave Catcha a LOT A BIT IN LOVE . LOL. Seriously,,... you can't stay at a better place in Jamaica, and I mean it.

Misty1

4  Thank Misty1
There are newer reviews for Catcha Falling Star

Reviewed 20 December 2011

First of all what it's not: it's not one of those big all inclusives that has tennis courts, a spa, workout room, etc. What it is: a romantic, boutique hotel with rustic cabins surrounded by beautiful gardens, pool, with a great bar and restaurant all perched on the cliffs at the far West End of Negril, Jamaica. Each cabin varies, but they typical have an outdoor shower, porch with hammock or chaise lounge, cable TV, kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, enough dishes to eat in your room if you prefer (the restaurant will serve you meals there if you desire). Only downside is that because the property is relatively small, you hear street noise and barking dogs from the cabins located close to the gate, particularly Pisces. Since most cabins have air conditioners, you can drown out most of the unwanted noise with the AC. While we did sample a few other attractions while staying in Negril, we found that we had little reason to want to leave Catcha for any longer than we had to. It is such a perfect setting, the staff is very friendly and courteous and the food and drinks are great.

Room Tip: We actually stayed in three cabins during our trip. Our favorite was Moon. It's large enough for...
4  Thank davidahrens
Reviewed 19 December 2011

The grounds of Catcha Falling Star are breathtaking. Our cottage (Libra) had the most amazing view, complete with hammock and our own personal loungers. It was like having our own private piece of paradise. Even though they were completely booked when we were there, the place is small, so it never felt crowded. Anything we wanted, the answer was always, no problem. Love the staff, love the restaurant, Ivan's Bar. It is a bit pricey, but the jerk penne pasta is to die for! I wouldn't recommend staying here with children as the property is right on the cliffs. When we wanted to cool off, we just walked out our patio and jumped into the cove! There are also ladders for the less adverturesome.The cliffs are a bit more pricey than the beach, and it is difficult to walk around due to the narrow streets, but if you are looking for seclusion and luxury, Catcha Falling Star is the place. We visted many other properties, and Catcha was by far the best.

Room Tip: Cottages preferable to the main building; pick one with a view, it's worth it!
10  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Wow, the reviews of Catcha Falling Star were right on the money. What a wonderful property perched on the cliffs west of Negril, Jamaica. From the moment we arrived, the greeting we received made us feel welcome. The grounds were maticulously manicured with flowers and trees everywhere. There were so many places to be with others, or be alone, that we ran out of days to try each one. The view, all day long was spectacular, and come sunset -- phenominal. While there, we did the tourist things, Rick's Cafe, the 7-mile beach, LTU pub, Appleton Estates Rum factory, Floyds Pelican Bar, but always looked forward to returning to Catcha. After trying the local cuisine at various establishments, our choice exclusively became Ivan's Bar on the Catcha property. The menu was varied, the food was outstanding and the service was pleasant and personal. Many visitors, staying at other hotels, would come to Ivan's for dinner.
Everyone we came into contact with, from office staff to room service personnel to security guards were fantastic. There are not many hotels on earth where you receive a round of hugs when leaving for the airport. These folks are genuine and concerned about your enjoyment.
We stayed with another couple in the Leo room, a two bedroom suite. The facility was roomy , clean and comfortable. We could not have asked for better living arrangements. The daily maid service was wonderful, even down to washing our dishes in the kitchenette.
There was security on duty constantly. They opened the gate, greeted you when you came, summoned a taxi when needed, and wished you well on your daily adventures. We came to love the place so much that Catcha became our daily plan on many days.
People who were staying there were friendly, but you rarely see them due to the privacy built into the grounds. They indicated that there was no other property that they would stay at other than Catcha. We considered ourselves fortunate to have chosen this award winning hotel for our first trip to Jamaica.
I would, without pause, recommend this hotel to any adult group or couple.
Thank you, Catcha, for a great vacation! We shall return.
Mike and Elaine

Room Tip: Every one of their rooms seemed wonderful. I am not certain if all the rooms are air conditioned, s...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank MikeBruk
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Catcha is a great place. A very well kept property and personable staff. It really gives you a great taste of Jamaica and Negril. Ivan's bar and restaurant is great place to eat and drink with a nice variety of items. The setting on the cliffs is special at any time of day or evening. The property is some what small (15 different type units?) which makes everything close and convenient and yet you have great privacy if desired - it is very well layed out and has everything you need. It is walking distance to a mini mart, cambio, restaurants, bars, Rick's, etc. The entire staff is above and beyond in their service - very well done. Awesome spot! We are returning soon.

Room Tip: Libra is a great location with a heck of a view. All the newer set of rooms seem well set up.
4  Thank ktowndave
Reviewed 16 December 2011

It's Friday morning and I'm at work still thinking about Jamaica. It has been 5 months since I called Catcha mi yard and I am homesick. We stayed for a week and it was the most amazing experience I have ever had. Words nor pictures can do it any justice. The warmth of the entire staff from the moment you are picked up from the airport makes you know you made the right decision. The grounds and views are breathtaking. Dandy met us at the airport and became my first Jamaican friend. If it is your first trip, Jamaica can be very intimidating but the more locals you meet the more it begins to feel like home and you really get in the vibe of Jamaica. The staff at the resort and restaurant are so friendly, fun, and helpful. You feel like family when you enter the gates. I would reccommend taking a tour. We took an all day trip with Dandy to YS Falls and to the Rum Factory. Spending the day with him traveling through Jamaica really taught you a lot about Jamaican culture. Getting ourside of the resort and seeing the countryside of Jamaica really solidified my love for the country and people of Jamaica. I have to disagree with previous comment about the Wayne. I always enjoyed talking with him and he really became my second Jamaican friend. He and Dandy always seemed to know when to show up. I wouldn't describe them as taxi drivers. They are friends with vans that you give a little gas money to get back and forth. They were always professional but offered more than just transportation. Hurricane Irene happened to come through while we were in Negril. We were fortunate that it missed us in Jamaica. All we had was a little liquid sunshine. Susan helped me reach the airline to change my flight. She was so patient, helpful, and understanding. Do yourself a favor and book a week at Catcha. I promise the entire Catcha family will not dissapoint. The only downside is that when you leave you will miss it until you return. I miss all of my friends at Catcha and I miss Jamaica like a long lost friend.

Room Tip: Stayed in Libra and loved it. Can't wait to make it mi yard again.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 15 December 2011

This was my husband and I's 6th trip to Negril in 2-1/2 years and we have stayed at many properties. This was the first time we were getting to stay for 2 weeks so we decided to divide our time between two properties.

Last year we ate at Ivan’s for dinner one evening and decided that when we came back to Negril the following year, we would stay at Catcha and back at Banana Shout (next door).

Read a lot of wonderful reviews about Catcha and it found it to be everything we hoped for. Usually we always venture out, however, 4 days had passed before we even left the gates. There was no reason to. Everything you need is there. And when we did, we just wanted to get back to Catcha and our wonderful cottage.

Loved all the little out coves with wonderful lounge chairs and a palapa. Great place to just kick back with a good book, a cold drink and chill.

Libra was a wonderful cottage and I loved sitting on our deck at night looking at the lights of the property.

Ate at Ivan’s every morning for breakfast and every time the food and service were wonderful. Loved being able to wake up in the morning and just walk a few steps and grab a cup of coffee.

Even when we moved over to Banana Shout (they do not have a restaurant) we would come over to Ivan’s every morning for breakfast and almost every evening for dinner. The atmosphere and food are superb.

There is a wonderful laid-back feeling Catcha, however, you still feel that service is priority one without all the glitz of the mega A/I’s.

One of the reasons I chose Catcha was because I loved their pool area. We swim a couple times a day in the sea, however, sometimes it’s nice to be in a fresh water pool.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Libra or Sagitarrius
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Audthang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
#7 of 80 in Negril
Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!