“Brilliant Team fabulous service”

and 1 more site!
Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stay at catcha in january of this year and the room was brilliant, the service from the front dest team and overall everyone that we came across was absolutely great will definately be staying there next year again. Thanks to the view and the staff that made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: The rooms are brillant
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank KadianthaDiva M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 14 March 2012

In spite of nice grounds, kind staff in restaurant, and great scenery, I cannot say this is a great getaway for a few reasons.
First, facilities were shabby. It seemed that buildings were old. Bathroom looked not so clean; I don’t mean they didn’t manage bathroom clean, however, as shower head, bathtub, basin, and table looked so old, I was uncomfortable with them.
Second, I don’t think all the staff are kind. When I asked tooth paste and mosquito coil, they told me to go out and purchase them in person. What? Is it really a hotel?
Third, I couldn’t feel cozy at this hotel. As the main building in which the Venus Suite located upstairs is close to main road outside, it was too noisy. I couldn’t sleep well due to dogs barking, cocks crowing. Bed was not comfortable to sleep in. A very small old vault made of wood made me feel this hotel doesn’t care security so much.
As I couldn’t bear this hotel any more, after I had stayed one night, I revoke the remaining two nights paying penalties.
Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel to my friends and my family.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank baatar90
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Catcha is not only a great value, it has the indescrible quality you get in a place when it is both lovely and loved. Both the chefs at Catcha are the best in the arerea so you have fantastic food steps away from your fully equipped cottage or bungalow. When you artfully combine world class ocean views with warm friendly people and great food at a very good value, you get magic. That is Catcha. Their neighbor, The Spa Resort just beat them out for the number # 1 spot on trip advisor. That is only because The Spa has only 34 reviews and Catcha has over 300.

1  Thank Indigo8
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My favourite place in the whole world! Amazing food amazing rooms amazing everything! Staff is superb they know your name off by heart by the end of your first day! Anyone who doesn't stay here is missing out HUGE! Will continue coming here everytime I go on a vacation!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank VinceMazuka
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We chose Catcha for our wedding in June 2011.

Location:

We loved being able to step through the gate and wander around some of the real Jamaica. One of my favorite things was shopping at the little grocery across the street and coming back with banana porridge and Ting! There are also a few little stands offering rasta bikinis and jewelry nearby.

The view on the cliffs is gorgeous, and the beach isn't far away. Rick's Cafe didn't thrill me that much, but since it's about a 1 minute walk, you should at least go for a drink.

We did get followed around by a guy who wanted us to give him money- you definitely need to be aware of your surroundings and it probably isn't a great idea to wander around late at night on your own, but there is no reason to cower inside the gates of the resort the whole time.

Rooms:

Ours was Libra, I wouldn't choose it again- it was okay, though the porch and view were great. My mother and sister had the Star, which was much larger and cooler looking.

Pool:

The pool is nice to have, very clean, and romantic at night with the little Christmas lights wound around the bridge. I especially loved watching the sunset from the little hot tub perched right on the cliff!

Restaurant & bar:

Ivan's couldn't be more sexy, beautiful or tropical- basically it feels exactly how you want it to feel and looks exactly how you want it to look. Next time we go I'd love to see a couple of vegan options on the menu though (jerk tofu?)

Wedding:

I'm so glad we got married here instead of one of the larger resorts! The staff was really great to us, and the whole thing was very laid back (which was exactly what we wanted- no drama). They decorated the arch beautifully with flowers and didn't charge us anything extra. The minister was awesome- very sincere. We used the photographer the staff suggested (FG Photo & Video)- very reasonably priced and very conscientious- he got some great shots.

Best of all- my husband and I are vegan so we wanted a vegan wedding dinner. The chef (who was a total sweetie) chatted with us for a while and came up with this amazing spread, and the staff had even found a place we could order a delicious vegan wedding cake from in advance. They also decorated our table beautifully.

Weather:

The only caveat was the weather while we were there- unfortunately there was a tropical depression and very heavy rains that seemed they would never stop. Luckily it held off long enough for us to get married outside. We'd love to return someday for an anniversary (just not during the hurricane season this time!).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosemarykt
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had a fantastic, relaxing time at Catcha in March 2012!

Views: These were amazing and are completely the selling point. There is nothing like waking up in the morning, grabbing a cup of the free blue mountain coffee and sitting out watching the sun come up. There was seriously nothing better... We even saw a few dolphins a couple mornings!
Staff: Overall, the staff was friendly and helpful. I could knick pick about a thing or two, like one of the staff at breakfast seemed fairly disinterested and when we checked in there was no real explanation of where anything was; just here is your room, enjoy. Otherwise, they were all super friendly and helpful.
Room: We stayed in Star and the good parts were the veranda, outside day bed and outdoor shower which were terrific! The bad part was the bed. It was awful and I'm pretty sure the sheets haven't been replaced in years.
Restaurant: One of the nice things about staying at Catcha is that you can just rolll out of your room and go down to Ivan's for food. All the food is very good and well priced. Snapper and/or jerk chicken sandwich with coleslaw everyday for lunch! Dinner is a nicer meal, but make sure to book a good table as it was almost always full with people from outside the hotel that had come to enjoy the meal and views.
Location: If I had were to go back to Jamaica, I'd probably stay at 7-mile beach for a few nights and then head for the cliffs again. The views are the best, and it's good fun jumping into the water from the cliffs. It can get a bit rough though so aim for the morning when the sea is a bit calmer to get in. Also, there are plenty of other good restaurants to try out nearby and some local shops/eateries that you can feel comfortable walking to. I didn't notice it that much, but you will hear cars on the road and lots of dogs barking. This never kept us up in Star, but worth keeping in mind when booking.
Overall: You won't be disappointed staying at Catcha! Other places to check out though depending on price range would be The Rocks or a new hotel that seems a bit more upscale called the Spa Retreat.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jakittin
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Words such as beautiful, memorable and perfect are over used; they truly are not adequate to describe this lovely place; I had booked Feb 14th with Catcha, as it was our 25th anniversary and I wanted it to be memorable for us; I had read the reviews and thought I would give them a try; we were staying on the beach in Negril anyway during that time so I thought it would be a nice little change; we have been going to Jamaica since 1997 but never stayed on the cliffs. I started by email, then eventually calling Mauvette and Angela; one look at the photos of Catcha on their website, and anyone can see that this is a very beautiful and romantic locale; but having said that, there are plenty of those in Negril, and in Jamaica. Here is what I will say. From the moment I began dealing with them by email, until the hugs we got when we left, Catchafallingstar delivers beyond measure; the staff went so far beyond my expectations that words seem somehow trite; the greeting I recieved when I secretly arrived before my wife...i have never met anyone there before that moment...but from the security at the gate to the girls tidying up...they welcomed me with open arms; Mauvette and Angela quarterbacked every detail....our room was adorned with beautiful roses, and the bed covered with red and white flowers..the towels arranged in hearts and birds...both Mauvette and Angela met me when I came in, and treated me like I was an old friend...and genuinely, not superficially. Everyone on the grounds seemed to know it was our anniversary...there is an intimacy that is hard to describe. Our evening dinner in the best table on the cliffs....again, beyond words...the meal...the service...again...beyond exceptional. We were treated warmly by everyone. The views, the grounds, and the staff...all combine for an unforgettable experience. If you are planning a special evening....feel secure in the fact that they will get it right. We will remember this special evening for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much. And yes....the Jerk Chicken Penne is that good.

Room Tip: just get there...anywhere.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple