“You NEEED to stay here.”

Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #6 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Palo Alto, California
“You NEEED to stay here.”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This place was nothing like we imagined...and that's a good thing!
The rooms were amazing, I thought the outdoor showers were a nice touch. Everything had a very island feel to it, and I appreciated that. It did not feel like America in Jamaica. I have to say the internet was a bit spotty, and that was my only complaint.

The waitresses at Ivan's bar are extremely accommodating and kind. So were the ladies in the office, and Ben! But most of all, I have to say my favorite employee there was Derek. He was always very watchful on all the swimmers and I felt very safe despite the rough waters we experienced at times in Catcha's cove! Catcha Falling, please give him a raise! He works so hard and I definitely think he should be rewarded for his dedication.

All in all, if you are coming to Negril, you NEED to stay at Catcha falling star. It is a wonderful experience that is certainly unforgettable.

2 Thank derbytiff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
va
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed at Catcha this past November for our wedding/honeymoon & can't wait until we come back. Never have I stayed at a place where I knew without a doubt that I'd be returning many times over. Many of the guests we met have visited 10+ times, some twice a year!
We stayed in the Moon cottage, which was my favorite for many reasons. It was private, set back a bit from Ivan's & the cliffs, and had the most wonderful outdoor shower. We never used the indoor shower during our entire stay. Inside, there was a refrigerator with plenty of room for our drinks & snacks. The huge walkaround deck was fantastic for lounging or enjoying breakfast. It was open with excellent ventilation that we didn't even want for AC.
The entire mood here was calm relaxation without being indifferent. And it's definitely not uptight or stuffy...we felt incredibly at home here, more so than I have ever felt before at a hotel. All our needs were immediately attended to, from excellent daily housekeeping, to bar/restaurant service, to front desk assistance with reservations & drivers. Ivan's was simply fantastic & we ended up eating many meals here. I am still craving the jerk chicken pasta! Whatever we needed, it was "no problem"! The location can't be beat, the water was crystal clear & we enjoyed seeing the dolphins almost every day. We never ever went to the beach during our entire trip...didn't miss it for a second. The cliffs & relaxing mood of this place was so infectious that we preferred spending our days on the cliffs or by the pool. We snorkeled a few days & saw other guests scuba dive right in front of the hotel.
The hotel put us in touch with an excellent local taxi driver...we would call him anytime & he'd give us a ride around the West End as we didn't care to venture too far on the busy road on foot. Tell the desk to call PT...he will take great care of you!
The only thing I would change next time is that I'd bring earplugs. I didn't think I was such a light sleeper but I heard activity outside many nights. Partly, as our cottage was open with only screens in the windows so I could hear some light road noise, dogs, roosters early in the morning, or other guests who were out late at night. My husband slept straight through it. I think the rooms with AC that were more enclosed probably offered better soundproofing.

Room Tip: Moon & Star are my personal favorites...private, romantic, spacious, open, airy, rustic, with an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adej31
Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I have been to Negril too many times to count. We usually try to split our time between the beach and the cliffs. This was our first visit to Catcha and it was very enjoyable. We stayed in Sagittarius, which I believe to be the nicest on the property. It was RIGHT over the water and the waves crashing on the rocks at night lulled us right to sleep. The room was clean, roomy and had a wonderful outdoor shower and patio. We also enjoyed the birds, dolphins and views of the lighthouse and daily fishermen. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is that the pool is small and is situated right in the middle of the restaurant. During the day, this wasn't a problem, but if we stayed out to watch sunset, we were forced to walk through the restaurant in our bathing suits to get back to our room. I felt this was uncomfortable, as there were plenty of diners there by this time in the evening. I also did not like competing for the few lounge chairs in the morning. If we were not out there bright and early to "save chairs", we would have to give up any chance of a sea view and some shade. One day, we were forced to leave the property for somewhere else to enjoy seating. I know this might seem like a small complaint, but we have not had that trouble at a few of the other places on the cliffs. I would like to commend Catcha for a wonderful staff and excellent food. Thanks for a very enjoyable trip :)

1 Thank Harts4
Floyds Knobs, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I'm seriously struggling to find the words to describe our brief stay at Catcha December 5-7, 2013.

This was a special anniversary trip to Jamaica for us. We had visited Catcha for sunset and drinks in the past but our love for the beach had prevented us from staying here before now. Since we were staying 8 nights this trip we decided to stay at Catcha on the last two nights of this trip. Maybe the best decision we've ever made.

We stayed in the Venus Suite, which is on the second floor of the building located behind Ivan's bar. The room was spectacular. The room included a bedroom with icy-cold AC, a sitting room, a kitchen, with a full size fridge, a bathroom, with a sink in one room and the bath/shower/toilet in the other. Outside the kitchen was our fabulous balcony. I fell asleep the last night on the balcony staring at the moon and reflecting on how lucky I was to be sitting there at that moment. The grounds at Catcha are beautiful both up in the gardens and down by the cliffs.

I found a hammock near the room and one early morning I found myself taking a nap there while waiting for my wife to rise and shine (I'm an early, early riser in Jamaica). This early rising also allowed me to claim the best spot on the cliffs for our sun bathing and relaxing. It was literally Heaven on earth for us.

I was also impressed by the staff. Each time I encountered a new staff person they introduced themselves to me and asked me my name. From then on it was first name basis for them and me. What a warm feeling that gave. I also enjoyed the coffee that was ready early, early in the morning. I was out of the room each morning at 630am and the coffee was already hot and ready when I arrived.

We dined at Ivan's one night, and it was a great evening, but I will post a separate review for that.

This definitely won't be our last stay at Catcha for sure!!!!

6 Thank Monty A
Westerly, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were in awe at how beautiful and filled in the property was since last year. With no major storms everything was able to grow and thrive with more flowers, butterflies and hummingbirds than we've ever seen. Even had parrots visiting early in the morning and had a white owl sighting on our first night. The dolphins passed by almost every day, sometimes twice in a day and the sunsets did not disappoint. Everything was magical on this trip and the staff was as friendly and accommodating as always. You want for nothing and they make you feel right at home with their welcoming smiles. We always love being greeted by Ben, the four legged head of security, who truly does seem to remember us year after year. We did after all, care for him as a puppy and love him like our own. Within an hour after arriving at Catcha, which we've come to know as our home away from home, it was clear that this was not going to be the year we end our annual trip, and we re-booked for next year before we left. We just can't give it up yet...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lilly G
South Dakota
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed at Catcha for 4 nights and absolutely loved it. We stayed in the 1BR Aries suite and couldn't have been happier. The view in the morning was fantastic and we even got to see dolphins right before sunset on our last night there.

We had a blast jumping off of the cliffs into the clear water and just sitting on the cliffs relaxing. We did take the Margaritaville shuttle to the beach one day. The beach is a completely different vibe. Don't get me wrong it is awesome in its own right but, we were happy to come home to our balcony overlooking the most amazing sunset.

The food at Ivan's was also very good. We found it reasonably priced and the view was to second to none.

This is a place that I recommend to friends that say they want a Jamaican vacation. Great job Catcha!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chemdude
Tuscania, Italy
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I, WHO are both in the hospitality industry and have worked in hotels such as Sandals, Ritz Carlton etc decided to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary at 3 resorts. We saved this one for last as it seemed tranquil and was highly recommended by friends. Here is a quick breakdown as I do not like long reviews lol...

Good:

-staff very friendly, detailed and helpful. Was impressed with quick responses via email, phones etc.

-food was excellent and like nothing I have ever tasted...was fresh, authentic and well executed (Husband and I visit Europe regularly, lived in Asia for a bit and all over the Caribbean etc) so we have varied tastes ;) Loved that the food was done to order, the jerk chicken and chicken salad was great. Ask for the mango sauce...

-breathtaking views of the caribbean sea and resort

-very comfy and spacious rooms, tastefully decorated (except for the tv, could use a serious upgrade)

-very nice and inviting pool and hot tub, no more large all inclusives for us...all that noise from the bigger hotels and mass produced food takes away from the intimacy of being a couple...

-staff was very professional, nice not hearing them complain about their personal problems or work related problems etc this was a breath of fresh air...

I don't remember everybody's name but all were great and we met many of them...Mauvette, Andrea etc

We hope to be back sometime next year and we really appreciate the service that you guys gave us. Our anniversary was made special by you all. I THINK persons have to go there to understand how special this place is and you won't want to go anywhere else...xoxo

Room Tip: some rooms do not have ac but it is a preference really. higher rooms gives nicer views I think...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple