“Warm, Beautiful, Sensual....Gets into your soul and won't let go!”

Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Warm, Beautiful, Sensual....Gets into your soul and won't let go!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

It is impossible to articulate how magical Catcha is and how it captures your soul. It is the essence of Negril. It's beauty is captivating and the staff get into your heart. I have learned so much about Jamaica's wonderful people and culture during my many stays with Catcha. On top of all that the resort has everything you could want.......great food, good music, comfortable accomadations with rustic charm. The beautiful views are inherent with being on the cliffs but, what has been cultivated is the warmth of every staff member. Their wonderful smiles and warmth are priceless. I love my Catcha family! Speacil people in a special place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank SShelton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I spent 4 nights at Catcha in late December 2013. It was a fantastic experience. I stayed at the Sky Cottage and the room was huge and the balcony and view were incredible. The staff at Catcha (and Ivan's) are top notch, the premises are gorgeous and groomed daily and the rooms are kept spotless. The Sky cottage has a gorgeous, vaulted ceiling. I ate at Ivan's daily and enjoyed every meal (especially the Bamboo chicken skewers and the Jerk Chicken Penne Pasta).The resort has dozens of loungers strategically placed around the cliffs and it's heavenly to sit in a lounger, read a book and have a cold Red Stripe while listening to the waves crash against the cliffs. The only two downsides to my stay were not Catcha's fault, but are important to note. Part of the ambiance of the place is the wonderful balconies and patios-- however, on two nights there were rude guests who stayed on their balconies to the wee morning hours, laughing and talking very loudly. Given how close the balconies are to one another, you have to hope that you are there with others who respect those around them. The second note I'll make is that if you are traveling solo (like I was) the vast majority of the visitors are couples. It didn't bother me, since I was there for peace and relaxation, but if you're looking for a party atmosphere or are hoping to make friends with others, this might not be the place for you. As I said, these are not faults of the resort-- they're simply things to consider. My overall experience was fantastic and with the two small caveats above, I would recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: There are a variety of options at Catcha, so I'd take a close look at their website and read rev...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MavMaiden
Bloomfield, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

From check in to departure it was amazing,,
Was there for one night ,was given a free upgrade apon check in ,,thought that was amazing,,
The room was beautiful and had everything you could need from microwave , a/c , tv, ipod docking station,, veiling fans ,,the most breath taking view,,
Eating at Ivan's was a joy...Food was delicious ,,from breakfast eggs and bacon ,,lunch 2 BLT's it was so good,,dinner,, pineapple chicken,,,,mouth watering!!!!
ground were well kept and quiet,, beautiful flowers every where,,,
Staff was great,,I could ramble on about them ,,but you get my point,,,
Swimming off the cliffs was a blast,,,,
I go to Ivan's every time I'm in Negril....Great food ,service and view,,,

Room Tip: any room at this resort is beautiful in his own way..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is truly a unique place. My wife and I stayed here a few weeks ago for our honeymoon and my only regret is not staying here the entire time - we stayed at Sunset at the Palms all-inclusive across from the beach for a few days too. Negril is not the type of place where you need to stay in an all-inclusive. It's very safe and there are plenty of restaurants and you can buy food from grocery/corner stores. This is a unique experience and cannot recommend it enough. I did not have one complaint whatsoever and will be going back next year.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael C
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife turned a lemon into "lemonade". Now that I have your attention I'll continue.. we originally booked a hotel on 7-Mile Beach (Negril). Well the "lemon thing" is all about we weren't "living the dream" on the beach, we felt like "walking wallets" and the hotel we booked didn't quite match the web site's description. We changed rooms twice with hours of our arrival with the last room having no hot water and croaking crickets!

The next morning, after a few calls we landed on The Cliffs at Catcha Falling Star resort. Our vacation was transformed upon arrival; not only was the resort charming and well maintained but the staff most helpful and happy. We changed rooms 3 times due to our last minute booking but each change proved to be more enchanting than the last and a welcome adventure with each room having its own character and view of the ocean. Their restaurant; Ivan's serves breakfast, lunch & dinner offering both Jamaican and continental cuisine. We can truly share that "Catch Falling Star" resort is a small piece of paradise on a large island with multiple choices... we would return here again & again....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kerry M
perth
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel will take your breath away the minute you walk in and look out over the cliffs, choosing cliffs over the beach was the best decision we ever made. Thank you to the owner and the receptionist for squeezing us in last minute, at least we got to see three room types. It honestly does not matter what room you stay in here they are all unique and amazing you can't go wrong. Star room villa has a huge pergola around the whole thing, bar, fridge, outdoor shower it's huge. The Aquarius suit has a huge balcony with breathtaking views it was perfect for our honeymoon. The food at Ivans was just perfect for dinner very tasty (must try the jerk chicken pasta or the pineapple snapper delicious) The breakfast was very slow and a lot of it was very average though the omlette is good. The coffee was delicious some days and watery the next. The staff are just beautiful people and are so helpful. We never had a problem with finding a pool lounge each day and we often came later on too, we loved the secluded private little lounge areas on the cliffs. The snorkel gear man was an awesome help and the free hire is such a great service from the hotel. There is a mini mart right across the road and the area is very safe to go walking and there are security guards 24/7 do you self a favour and walk up to just natural for a meal it's spectacular and cheap. I will be back to this hotel as soon as possible iv'e traveled a lot of the world and this place is truly special you wont want to leave. (the beds are very comfy too)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tequilasunrise4
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This place was nothing like we imagined...and that's a good thing!
The rooms were amazing, I thought the outdoor showers were a nice touch. Everything had a very island feel to it, and I appreciated that. It did not feel like America in Jamaica. I have to say the internet was a bit spotty, and that was my only complaint.

The waitresses at Ivan's bar are extremely accommodating and kind. So were the ladies in the office, and Ben! But most of all, I have to say my favorite employee there was Derek. He was always very watchful on all the swimmers and I felt very safe despite the rough waters we experienced at times in Catcha's cove! Catcha Falling, please give him a raise! He works so hard and I definitely think he should be rewarded for his dedication.

All in all, if you are coming to Negril, you NEED to stay at Catcha falling star. It is a wonderful experience that is certainly unforgettable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank derbytiff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
CocoLaPalm Resort
#10 of 81 in Negril
Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Negril Tree House Resort

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!