“OHMYGOSH!!!”

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Cleveland, Ohio
“OHMYGOSH!!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Spectacular!... But don't go there. I found it and I want it ALL FOR MYSELF! Once you enter the grounds of Catcha you are enveloped by tropical flowers, crystalline turquoise waters, awe inspiring cliffs, and the faint aroma of Blue Mountain coffee being served at Ivan's - one of the best restaurants in Negril! Catcha is located next to Rick's Cafe so you can enjoy the music without having to endure the insane crowds there. And the sunset is better at Catcha! The individual little cottages are quirky and charming. The suites are luxurious. I don't want to use the term "hotel staff" but rather "friends" because that is what they have become - are outstanding! I am already planning my return visit because I am going through "Catcha withdrawal".

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Livia-Rachael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband who is extremely fussy and typically ADD loved the tranquility, friendliness, cleanliness and all the multiple rooms that we tried.
We will be beack on our next week holiday during the cold winter months up north.

1 Thank Jo L
Lawtey, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a fantastic establishment!! You can jump off the cliffs into the ocean w/ladders to get back up, get a bite to eat at any time at Ivans Bar and RELAX!!! The room was reasonably priced with lots of amenities!! We will definitely be back!! True Jamaican hospitality!!

Room Tip: Aries is a great room that overlooks the ocean!! You can see the sun rise & set on the balcony...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank kroumc
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great spots on the West End Cliffs. We like going somewhere different for each vacation, but our experience at Catcha will definitely cause us to reconsider that! Great spot, super relaxing, loved Ivan's, and so much fun swimming and jumping off the cliffs (special thanks to Lifeguard Derek for showing us all the places that were safe to jump!). Loved the vibe and all the people!

2 Thank DJO1984
Reviewed 20 March 2014

All the positive reviews for this property are dead on! I celebrated my girlfriend's destination bridal shower at Catcha and it was amazing. We planned a dinner at Ivan's the first night and I was shocked to see that the restaurant manager had decorated a table for us...I had to take a double look when I realized that all the tables DID NOT look like ours.
Andrea, Mauvette restaurant staff, down to the gardeners, everyone at Catcha...a pure delight! The facilities are comfortable, the views amazing, everything here is great!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Aquarius and Leo...both had great views...upstairs we had a bigger living area.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Allana N
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Catcha Falling Star is a small, beautiful resort located at the West End of Negril. opposite the Seven Mile Beach. It is perched over the Caribbean on cliffs overlooking the blueish green sea with water so clear the bottom is visible. The view is fabulous and the sunset is gorgeous. The resort has ladders built into the rock and it's easy to get in and out of the Caribbean that way. The water near the rocks is not deep and there are coral reefs nearby and interesting things to see. It is easy to arrange for someone to pick you up for snorkeling although the resort does not have the equipment. Check with the snorkel guilde.

The resort boasts all varieties of rooms. Some are condominiums with kitchenettes, living rooms, nice large bathrooms and large airy bedrooms with huge comfortable beds and air conditioners. And I can't fail to mention the gorgeous verandas overlooking the ocean. There are also smaller rooms tucked away almost over the ocean that are privately screened from the outside (except the ocean), with outdoor showers. I was with a wedding party and got to see all the rooms and whether it was a condo or a romantic room that opened onto the ocean with its huge porch and outdoor showers screened from the resort community, all the rooms were nice. What you rented would depend on what type of experience you wanted to have. The rooms were also very clean and the housekeeping staff was very friendly and thorough.

The resort itself is a floral paradise, with bougainvillea and hibiscus everywhere, bushes with variegated leaves, all varieties of green surrounding you lush bushes as well as fruit and succulent plants I didn't recognize. Between the beautiful blue of ocean and the color surroundings, it was a type of paradise. In addition to all this beauty the resort had lawn chairs and hammocks tucked all over the place so my fiance laid for hours and watched the stars twinkle and fall amidst the smell of sheer heaven.

I should mention the bar and restaurant at Catcha, called Ivan's. It is excellent. I We ate there several nights for ease and I recommend the conch appetizer as well as the shrimp and plantains wrapped appetizer. As for entrees, the snapper or kingfish with rice and peas (or mashed potatoes) is excellent as well and the curried lobster, well, I can't say enough about that! Ivan's will even prepare the food to bring to your room is you prefer, simply go down and order and quickly will arrive.. This is where I hope to stay the next I'm in Jamaica. because it is is a nice relaxing resort with friendly and helpful owners and guides. In place full of large hedonistic resorts where the party never stops, if you need a real bit of true romatnic R and R, Catcha in the place

3 Thank mboyd71
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 18 March 2014

As is the case with many other reviewers of this location - our visit was perfect. Our stay was made perfect by Mauvette and Andrea at the front desk and Carol, Vivianne and Jadeya (sp?) at Ivan's Restaurant and Bar. Mauvette and Carol especially made our visit extra special with the help and advice that they supplied. We LOVED: Star, the hammock, the day bed on the front porch with the amazing view, the outdoor shower, the gardens, the food and drinks at Ivan's (the jerk chicken penne pasta was the best), the tranquility of the grounds, and the proximity to the ocean - we really enjoyed swimming and snorkeling in the ocean. We certainly didn't want to leave. My husband and I enjoyed two days at Catcha by ourselves and then our friends joined us for the rest of the week. We were all there to celebrate the wedding of two very good friends. Everyone who went to the wedding stayed at Catcha and really, really enjoyed themselves. Thank you.

Room Tip: Our room was Star. It is two bedroom, one bath. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. There is...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends