“Fifth time at Catcha”

Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Montreal, Canada
“Fifth time at Catcha”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Once again, the team at Catcha does not disappoint with their incredible service and beautiful grounds. As I arrive, they always say "welcome home!" And they truly make you feel like you belong there. Special shout out to the guys behind the bar, out breakfast girls. Order the curried lobster (when in season) for dinner.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Goombaydube

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We just returned from Catcha and we enjoyed it very much. It was super laid back. Jumping off the cliffs was a lot of fun. Staff was very friendly. We found a very cool gym within walking distance of the hotel. A lot of the restaurants don't serve lunch so be prepared to eat at Catcha which is by no means a bad thing. The food was very good. The age range seemed to be people in their 40's and 50's.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pbull79
Mishicot
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Finished our 10 day stay in Negril by spending a few nights here.
Don't need to add much which has already been said in previous reviews.
Place and staff is awesome. Surprised my girlfriend with the 100 candle dinner.
A dinner to remember.
We will be returning.

4 Thank GWKonStripe
Oak Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was our third time at Catcha and they never disappoint me. From the moment we arrived everyone that works there greeted us and said "welcome back family". Even Ben the resident dog came running to greet me,(I actually think he was smiling at me!) It is an awesome feeling to be so welcomed at a resort.
This year we were suppose to have one of the suite rooms, followed by 5 days in the Sky room. Mauvette, the most wonderful lady on earth surprised us, and we stayed in the Sky for the entire time. This room is absolutely beautiful.Sonya(housekeeping) keeps the room very clean. I needed quite a few hangers, and within moments I had plenty. There is even a ceiling fan on the front balcony. The view of the Caribbean is breathtaking. The bed is very comfortable, I slept like a rock, even with the barking dogs down the street.
I cannot say enough nice things about the entire staff at Catcha. It starts with Louis, the security guard with his huge smile,genuinely glad to see us. Next is the entire waitstaff at Ivan's bar and restaurant. My favorite morning gals, Carol and Ordia, I could talk with them all day. Then the best bartenders, Kevin, Bradley and Richard, they made our drinks perfect. The food is always good and reasonable, and they add a couple of new dishes every year. All of the evening waitresses greet you with a smile and always polite, and they always remember your name. Keniesha set up a romantic table for us on our last night, how thoughtful of her. Everyone and I mean everyone bend over backwards to make your stay perfect. Everyone makes us feel like we are part of their family. This is why we keep coming back year after year. One piece of advise, book early in high season, it books up fast.

3 Thank Mary S
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed at "Catcha" for eight nights. It was our first time and we will definitely return. The staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms very clean. The cliffs and sunset are amazing. One night here and I was totally relaxed. Plus they have A/C! Don't be in a rush for anything because everyone is on island time. Lol. They don't have a spa but can arrange a massage. Tara is great!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
1 Thank MrsNomadicSpirit
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Spectacular!... But don't go there. I found it and I want it ALL FOR MYSELF! Once you enter the grounds of Catcha you are enveloped by tropical flowers, crystalline turquoise waters, awe inspiring cliffs, and the faint aroma of Blue Mountain coffee being served at Ivan's - one of the best restaurants in Negril! Catcha is located next to Rick's Cafe so you can enjoy the music without having to endure the insane crowds there. And the sunset is better at Catcha! The individual little cottages are quirky and charming. The suites are luxurious. I don't want to use the term "hotel staff" but rather "friends" because that is what they have become - are outstanding! I am already planning my return visit because I am going through "Catcha withdrawal".

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Livia-Rachael
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband who is extremely fussy and typically ADD loved the tranquility, friendliness, cleanliness and all the multiple rooms that we tried.
We will be beack on our next week holiday during the cold winter months up north.

1 Thank Jo L