“Perfectg place for a wedding”

Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Catcha was chosen by the Bride/Groom and it was a great choice indeed. Group had the whole facility rented so we only basically has the place to ourselves. Fantastic staff - courteous and friendly. Ocean side with saltwater access. Good food, well prepared. We shared a two bedroom suite with another couple and the accommodations were excellent. Clean and up to date with refer and microwave and coffee maker. We experienced two power outages during our stay (very unusual) but the staff handled it very well providing emergency candle lighting throughout the facility. June is beginning of hurricane season but we had no bad days - it did rain one evening (hard) but no worries!

Room Tip: Pick one of the rooms with air as it can be quite humid in June.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I don't even know where to begin...this place is the gold standard! I had, easily, the best time of my life here when 38 friends and family joined us for our destination wedding.
I'll begin with the physical resort itself: it's LOVELY. Lots of trees and flowers. The view of the ocean is remarkable. Clean pool. Plenty of ocean access via ladders and cliff ledges. The rooms are very clean! A/C, fridge, microwave. There's a grocery store across the street and we loaded up on beer and snacks and were able to store things in our room; this saved money. We stayed in the Sagittarius and enjoyed our ocean view and outdoor shower every day!
Staff: I've been to Negril multiple times and have stayed at many resorts. For the most part, I've found Jamaicans to be friendly and the service at most of the resorts is good. But the service at Catcha is out of this world! They are so friendly and competent. They will help you with just about anything you need. I worked closely with Mauvette in planning my stay and I bugged her with so many questions lol. She didn't mind, responded timely to every call/email, and was happy to help. We spoke so much, we were pretty much buddies, and when I arrived, she greeted me with a big hug. She was fantastic!
Jane, the wedding coordinator, organized and ran the event flawlessly! Just like Mauvette, she was a treat to speak with and she was very knowledgeable. She had great suggestions for venues, confirmed everything as needed, and took care of the tiniest details. I could not have asked for more. Before working with Jane, I worked with Andrea and she was fantastic, as well.
Ivan's: Kevin, the bartender is such a nice guy, and he makes delicious drinks. We only ate at Ivan's a few times because we enjoy venturing out to the smaller, local restaurants. But I will say that the breakfast is superb, and the food on wedding day was sooooo good! We had salad, jerk chicken (they make a sweet jerk sauce that's very yummy), pan fried snapper, rice & beans and callaloo. mmmmmmm :)
My stay at Catcha felt too brief. I have never felt more comfortable away from home. If you are looking for a fun and relaxing place for a vacation, you will love Catcha. If you are looking for a wedding venue that is GORGEOUS, casual, and affordable--a place that all your guests will be raving about weeks later--your search ends here. I cannot put into words how wonderful my experience was. I give Catcha Falling Star 10 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Udoka G
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at Catcha in February. I wasn't sure what to expect especially with no beaches however I was completely blown away at how relaxing the cliff side was. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites with another couple. The room was clean and comfortable. We would go across the street to the store to get snacks and drinks. We ate breakfast, lunch, dinner on property a few times. We also ventured out to some local restaurants allowed us to try some different food- most within walking distance. Our driver from the hotel was great and was always checking up on us. We accomplished our goal of relaxing with no kids for the week and we definitely will return to catcha in the next few years, hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was so happy with my experience at Catcha. All of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Mauvette is wonderful at the front desk! She checked us in timely and showed us around the grounds!! (which are gorgeous) The grounds look like something out of the secret garden, and then it ends on these beautiful cliffs! You have to visit Kevin and Bradley at the bar! I felt so relaxed and safe the entire time I was there. Thanks again!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Leo and had amazing views! Really any room is great:)!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently stayed at Catcha in May and got married. We had been to Negril previously and ate dinner at Ivan's. The second we walked through the front gate for dinner we fell in love and decided the next time we go to Jamaica we would stay at Catcha! We couldn't have made a better decision!!!..The resort is amazing, the people are amazing and they made out wedding perfect!!!!! Jane did a wonderful job with every detail. Thank you Catcha and we cant wait to see you again soon.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank seth m
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I surprised my wife with a stay here in our favorite room for our 20th anniversary, and it was perfect. They served us dinner on our porch overlooking the ocean, the solitude was perfect for the occasion and the service by Karen was outstanding. Combined with a couple days 400 yards up the road and you have a perfect vacation. Only made it to the beach during the day twice in 10 days.

Just do yourself a favor and hit some of the local bars and restaurants up on the West End. Extra thanks to Mauvette and the rest of the great staff for making our big day special. Shout out to Susan and Barbara for keeping the vibe right.

Room Tip: Check out their website for pics and descriptions
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank boogerlayne
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We just returned to Catcha Falling Star to celebrate our 28th Wedding Anniversary. What they say in the reviews is true, it's a compact relaxing resort, great food, and a staff that treats you like family. No wonder we love to comeback here, it is easy to unwind here quickly. Return visits are like coming home. Easy to slip into the slower pace . Lazy days over looking spectacular sea views , cooling off in the pool, Scrabble matches under a thatched roof , excellent libations prepared by Bradley, Kevin, and Carol , while the hours drift by there is time for conversation and catching up with someone special. Nap in a Jamaican hammock, enjoy the flowers as you walk through the lush garden walkways, and great dining is always only steps away. I am already looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IrieTraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sunset at the Palms
#6 of 80 in Negril
Travellers Beach Resort
Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!